Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Wilf, Tice Discuss Future: jiggly butt't coaches gone?

I just want to see who they will hire to be the new GM type of guy. With Heckert reupping with the Eagles it seems now that we will get the Cenver guy which makes Kubiak a logical choice to become head coach.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    I'm wondering if Zygi already has a HC, OC & DC in mind right now.

He's had a 2 week head start on everyone but the Lions, knowing 2 weeks ago they were going to fire Tice.

Also, after this week they aren't allowed to talk with coaches from playoff teams.

With the Superbowl, not until February & Wilf saying he will have a new HC by the end of the month, it leads me to believe that the new HC will not be from one of the playoff teams.

Just thinking out loud again.
    Maybe he spoke with the playoff bound team coaches two weeks ago?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Tillman probably would like a promotion of sorts. But I would love to have hiim back at his same position.

Most coaches usually have their own slackies they coach with to fill the mid to lower positions especially.

The flying these guys to the Senior Bowl thing was probably taken out of context. It is a good faith gesture that is just a truth of the job. New coaches might, I said might, fill their position once they get here. Wilf is just saying, you should think about your best interests and interview, be proactive or you may not have a job.
    That could be. If they plan on keeping some or releasing some, by flying them all down, no one would know who might stay & who might go.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    Head coaches will surround themselves with the best available talent, especially if they've preveiously worked together. If some of the curr ent assistants fill the bill, they'll be back. I agree it was chicken$h!t the way Tice was given his walking papers. :sad: Why not schedule a meeting with him elsewhere instead of dumping on him right after the game?

:roll:
    Why was it so bad. If we release him on Monday, the other owners and GMs may not have had him on the list of people that they were going to interview. It just give them the night to think about if they want to seriously want to add him to the list. You may not think it matters, but with all the vacancies out there, it couldn't hurt.

The only thing it didn't do was give Tice a chance to tell the players without finding out from the media first. Wilf mad a mistake and hopefully he won't repeat it or the players may not trust him next time.

I wouldn't make too much of it.

Like I said before, if Tice wasn't upset about it, then don't make too big of a deal about it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I'm wondering if Zygi already has a HC, OC & DC in mind right now.

He's had a 2 week head start on everyone but the Lions, knowing 2 weeks ago they were going to fire Tice.

Also, after this week they aren't allowed to talk with coaches from playoff teams.

With the Superbowl, not until February & Wilf saying he will have a new HC by the end of the month, it leads me to believe that the new HC will not be from one of the playoff teams.

Just thinking out loud again.
    Maybe he spoke with the playoff bound team coaches two weeks ago?
    They have to ask the other teams permission first & I believe that usually ends up going public.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    Head coaches will surround themselves with the best available talent, especially if they've preveiously worked together. If some of the curr ent assistants fill the bill, they'll be back. I agree it was chicken$h!t the way Tice was given his walking papers. :sad: Why not schedule a meeting with him elsewhere instead of dumping on him right after the game?

Why was it so bad. If we release him on Monday, the other owners and GMs may not have had him on the list of people that they were going to interview. It just give them the night to think about if they want to seriously want to add him to the list. You may not think it matters, but with all the vacancies out there, it couldn't hurt.

The only thing it didn't do was give Tice a chance to tell the players without finding out from the media first. Wilf mad a mistake and hopefully he won't repeat it or the players may not trust him next time.

I wouldn't make too much of it.

Like I said before, if Tice wasn't upset about it, then don't make too big of a deal about it.
    READ MY POST ABOVE IT WAS AT TICE'S REQUEST THAT THEY MADE THE ANNOUNCEMENT ON SUNDAY INSTEAD OF MONDAY AFTERNOON!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

How long has Marriuci been available?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

SJHILL is offline Starter

I still think Wilf is doing things the right way, despite what the media says. It seems as if he wants to take his time and make the right decisions.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:

You guys need to read the whole story on startribune.com the other day they had a story saying that they were going to wait until Monday morning to tell Tice but at HIS REQUEST once they informed him on Sunday he asked that they make the announcement public RIGHT AWAY.
    That story is TOTAL BULLSH!T!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Look like Mr.Wilf is looking to change.... everything.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast