Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Wilf stands strong behind Childress

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Not only that; Childress was hampered with Tice picks that were bad.
    There are no guarantees in the draft.

At the time of the draft, you can only base your choices on how they played in college, their attitude towards the game & you're best guess as to how well they can make the transition from the college level to the pros.

There have been many top 1st round rated players highly touted in the draft who couldn't make that transition in the pro's & play with the same type of success they had in college.

At the same time there have been many later round picks who have made that transition to the pros & have excelled & out done what they had achieved in college.

Sometimes, it's just a crap shoot.

Is it the player themselves? Is it the coaching they receive? Is it the type of offense or defensive scheme of the team they happen to end up with? Or is it some of all of the afore mentioned?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Not only that; Childress was hampered with Tice picks that were bad.
    There are no guarantees in the draft.

At the time of the draft, you can only base your choices on how they played in college, their attitude towards the game & you're best guess as to how well they can make the transition from the college level to the pros.

There have been many top 1st round rated players highly touted in the draft who couldn't make that transition in the pro's & play with the same type of success they had in college.

At the same time there have been many later round picks who have made that transition to the pros & have excelled & out done what they had achieved in college.

Sometimes, it's just a crap shoot.

Is it the player themselves? Is it the coaching they receive? Is it the type of offense or defensive scheme of the team they happen to end up with? Or is it some of all of the afore mentioned?
    Agreed! But Williamson was a wide receiver from a running team. That means Tice and crew gambled with a high pick.
    A receiver with good stats from a passing offense may have been less of a gamble.

But like you say, it's all a crap shoot and you never know who will work out.

I don't blame Tice. I'm just trying to cut Childress a little slack for this first lackluster season.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Del Rio Guest

Wilf stands strong behind Childress..............

sounds bad....

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Del" wrote:
    Wilf stands strong behind Childress..............

sounds bad....
    I guess it depends on what position Brad is assuming.

odogtriever is offline Waterboy

Chilly will not adjust. He will not listen to his players,
    and he has lost the respect of the locker room. If a player suggests concern over the offence, he just cuts them and has Spielman do the dirty work for him. Classless. I don't think our little Hitler will change.

Del Rio Guest

"odogtriever" wrote:

and he has lost the respect of the locker room. If a player suggests concern over the offence, he just cuts them and has Spielman do the dirty work for him. Classless. I don't think our little Hitler will change.
    Probably less classless then someone refering to the coach of a game not listening to his players as one of the most hated figures in history that murdered thousands in a genocidal rage.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"odogtriever" wrote:

I haven't heard anything about him losing the respect of the locker room, nor do I think MRob was cut simply for "suggesting concern over the offense".
    Let's hold off on comparing him to a mass murderer unless we have a little more solid information about the state of the team. :
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

gol 'darnit!
    Del beat me by 30 seconds... I need to type faster.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"I can't remember any first-year coach here in any sport getting ripped liked Childress has."

Sid Hartman needs a new pairs of knee pads ... Suck this Sid !!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"odogtriever" wrote:

That is a lot of assumptions.

Marcus Robinson is the one that said Childress wouldn't take his comments into account that doesn't mean he doesn't care what other players had to say.

Maybe Childress didn't think that Robinson was worth listening to.

Nobody knows the full extent of what Robinson did or said behind the scenes and maybe Marcus Robinson deserved to be cut you don't know any more than the rest of us!

Where is your proof that he has lost respect in the locker room and with his players?

Just signed McKinnie, K-Williams and EJ Henderson to long term deals who would all have been free agents and if it was as bad as you want to project why didn't they all go to FA and sign with a different team?

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast