Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Wilf Says Vikes Will Stay

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    I hope that he is not fibbing
    Hey, delete some of your photos in the photobucket account so you are not excedding your bw.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

first off wilf could move the team to LA but he won't get support like he does here and also he won't have all the land that he wants to develop on; wilfs about making money and he can make more money here than in LA. the raiders and rams didn't work in LA. also the metrodome is good enough for baseball if they want luxary suites they should just add some in cause nobody goes to games anyways so why should they get a new stadium if nobody goes to games? the football games are always sold out so i think they should get the stadium cause they bring in the money, more tax money and they can make it 72,000 seats and they would fill it up. if they don't have a roof they can't get the super bowl but who cares sure it brings in a lot of money but thats a one time thing over 30 years and that averages out to not much money. the roof can cost 100 to 150 million just to put a roof on. so we need a open air stadium that would be cool. anyways who wants to pay huge money to see a super bowl in your home town if the superbowl don't have your team playing in it?
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "smootpepper" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I think that the Twins and the U of M should stay at the dome and be happy with what they got for a while. I went to a Twins game a few years ago and the place was empty. Also, I don't see a need to waste a decent stadium.
    I think it was seattle that had the same problem with no one going to the games, but they built a new stadium and the place has been packed ever since. The only reason I dont go to the twins games more (I go to 4 or 5 a year) is because the stadium sucks for baseball.

I think a new stadium that has more of a baseball park feel would help the twins just like it helped the seattle. If you have ever gone to wrigley field you would know just what I mean. that stadium is old but it has the feel of baseball.

Yep, a new stadium would do wonders for our crappy attendance at twins games.

Check the attendance records of every team that built a new stadium and you will see a huge increase the year they opened the new stadium, no matter how crappy the team.

An awesome stadium with a good team like the twins, and we should get a great boost in attendance.
    If I was positive that a new stadium would raise attendance considerabley, I would be for it. After all, I like to jump on the bandwagon when their doing well. I've watched every World Series game when I was young.

The twins and gophers will probably get their stadium bills passed this year....Vikings your on the clock!
    You republican whore!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    The twins and gophers will probably get their stadium bills passed this year....Vikings your on the clock!
    Anytime we are on the clock it could get ugly! :lol:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I don't believe Wilf for a minute! Ziggi is selling Stardust to the locals!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I hope he's telling the truth of today, as well as the future.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_380923_63&prov=citadel&type=story

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-wilfpledgeshewouldntmovev&prov=knight&type=lgns

Quote: "While Red McCombs said the same thing -- perhaps more because of an ironclad lease that would cost millions in lawsuit fees to break -- Wilf is saying all the right things to ease the fears of Vikings fans."

I wonder what will happen after the lease is up.

I certainly don't like relying on a real estate developer for "truth"...and I'll be very upset if he decides at some future point in time that it's right for the franchise to move to LA.

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

No one should trust this guy...we need to find a way to get Taylor to step in and save the day for us loyal Viking fans!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    No one should trust this guy...we need to find a way to get Taylor to step in and save the day for us loyal Viking fans!
    I trust nobody, except people who think like me....Glen Taylor lives where I live, he already owns a team her (he's a fan of the Vikes....not a Giants fan), and he would be willing to make the Vikes better....Wilf will just be another McCombs....a businessman using my team to add to his immense wealth, and I hate it. You trust anyone, and your sh!t gets stolen! I don't want the Vikes to get stolen by Wilf!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

You are on the right track, audioghost...the Vikings need a local boy...one who will keep the team in Minnesota and who will get us that new stadium!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast