Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53
  1. #21
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311

    Re: Wilf prefers outdoor stadium!

    I would love a retractable roof I think. I have only been to the Dome once and it was so damn cold outside I could not imagine playing outdoors, but hey, it would be a huge advantage once we got used to it. Though our team really has seemed to mold to the indoor style of play.

  2. #22
    DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,161

    Re: Wilf prefers outdoor stadium!

    Just because the NFL wants a team in L.A. doesn't necessarily mean the city itself is interested.. I guess that would explain why the Raiders and Rams vacated. I don't think it'd be much different now. Besides, the idea of the Vikings moving is asinine to me as I couldn't imagine them playing anywhere else but Minnesota.

  3. #23
    jdvike's Avatar
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Wilf prefers outdoor stadium!

    "SmootSoSweet" wrote:
    first off.. who said were good outdoors?? F!!ck it leave this dome move to LA make life easier
    That is one stupid post.

    It doesnt really matter if the vikings are built for the outdoors, or not right now.The stadium,if it was ok'd tomorrow,wouldnt be finished until 2009 at the earliest,the team can be changed by then.

    I dont care what kind of venue that gets built as long as it DOES get built,so the Vikes will be in Minn. for the next 20 years or more.

  4. #24
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,460

    Re: Wilf prefers outdoor stadium!

    You guys that think playing in freezing weather is an advantage to anyone have been living in MN too long and are suffering from brain freeze. Playing in that kind of weather in not an advantage to anyone.
    But, if they leave the roof open for every game then I favor the retractable roof. Look, those of us who grew up in the harsh climate on MN can handle a few hours of cold to see our Vikes play.
    How many of our players grew up in MN? How many of them became great players playing on frozen fields in college? How great of a passer is Daunte going to be trying to heave a frozen wet ball down the field to guys with frost bit fingers and gloves on? Get over your macho selves. The reason they built the dome in the first place is because we lost 4 super bowls and the thinking was that playing outside at the end of the year was a major disadvantage to the Vikings of ever winning the Super Bowl. Remember its not only games its practice as well between games. We used to have to put the team on a plane and fly them south during Dec. and Jan. when Bud Grant was the coach in order for the team to practice many times. All the fans then bitched and moaned that the lack of a dome was holding us back. And to some extent that was true. Most of you guys in here are too young to remember those days. All you see is some old romanticized news clip and you think "whoa cool dood those guys have ice hanging out of their noses". So let me say again. GET OVER BEING MACHO ABOUT PLAYING IN COLD WEATHER. ITS NOT AN ADVANTAGE. OUR GUYS WILL DROP BALLS, FUMBLE, AND SLIP AND FALL JUST LIKE ANY OTHER GUYS FROM ANY OTHER TEAMS OUT THERE. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BEING THAT WE WOULD GET A CHANCE TO DO IT EVERY OTHER WEEK AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

    Point in case. Did playing out doors keep the Packers from losing to a dome team last season in the playoffs??????????????????????????????
    Not to mention how many dome teams made the playoffs last year???????????????????

    If the new owner goes for open air then he is as cheap as Red and is more interested in his real estate development than he is in having a winning team IMO.

    WWBGD

  5. #25
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Wilf prefers outdoor stadium!

    "DemonicViking" wrote:
    Retractable sounds fine to me. Someone brought up the idea of leaving it open for teams that struggle in the cold and closed for teams that lose in the dome, brilliant!
    I don't know about that. The NFL might see through that and not let us try to "help" our cause by flipping a switch.

  6. #26
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Wilf prefers outdoor stadium!

    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "DemonicViking" wrote:
    Retractable sounds fine to me. Someone brought up the idea of leaving it open for teams that struggle in the cold and closed for teams that lose in the dome, brilliant!
    Don't forget - we're one of the teams that struggles outdoors. We are a much better team indoors. A good outdoor team (especially for Minnesota) would be a team with a good defence and a run-oriented offence. 1) We haven't proved that we have a good defence (on paper it looks good, but we have to wait and see) and 2) we haven't proved that we can effectively use a run-oriented offence.

    I think its much better to have an indoor stadium - plus we could keep the revenue from concerts and auto shows and stuff - that's money we need.
    It won't be at least 3 years until it finishes, so we can figure out all that stuff in the time being.

  7. #27
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Wilf prefers outdoor stadium!

    "SmootSoSweet" wrote:
    first off.. who said were good outdoors?? F!!ck it leave this dome move to LA make life easier

  8. #28
    canadian_vikes_fan's Avatar
    canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: Wilf prefers outdoor stadium!

    "RK" wrote:
    You guys that think playing in freezing weather is an advantage to anyone have been living in MN too long and are suffering from brain freeze. Playing in that kind of weather in not an advantage to anyone.
    But, if they leave the roof open for every game then I favor the retractable roof. Look, those of us who grew up in the harsh climate on MN can handle a few hours of cold to see our Vikes play.
    How many of our players grew up in MN? How many of them became great players playing on frozen fields in college? How great of a passer is Daunte going to be trying to heave a frozen wet ball down the field to guys with frost bit fingers and gloves on? Get over your macho selves. The reason they built the dome in the first place is because we lost 4 super bowls and the thinking was that playing outside at the end of the year was a major disadvantage to the Vikings of ever winning the Super Bowl. Remember its not only games its practice as well between games. We used to have to put the team on a plane and fly them south during Dec. and Jan. when Bud Grant was the coach in order for the team to practice many times. All the fans then bitched and moaned that the lack of a dome was holding us back. And to some extent that was true. Most of you guys in here are too young to remember those days. All you see is some old romanticized news clip and you think "whoa cool dood those guys have ice hanging out of their noses". So let me say again. GET OVER BEING MACHO ABOUT PLAYING IN COLD WEATHER. ITS NOT AN ADVANTAGE. OUR GUYS WILL DROP BALLS, FUMBLE, AND SLIP AND FALL JUST LIKE ANY OTHER GUYS FROM ANY OTHER TEAMS OUT THERE. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BEING THAT WE WOULD GET A CHANCE TO DO IT EVERY OTHER WEEK AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

    Point in case. Did playing out doors keep the Packers from losing to a dome team last season in the playoffs??????????????????????????????
    Not to mention how many dome teams made the playoffs last year???????????????????

    If the new owner goes for open air then he is as cheap as Red and is more interested in his real estate development than he is in having a winning team IMO.
    I agree with you completely. Our best chance at winning is if we have a closed stadium. Plus, if we want Zyggi to be pumping money back into the team (which he sure as hell better) then its only fair that he should reap the rewards of a new stadium - in other words, collect revenue from renting out the stadium while the Vikes aren't kicking @ss inside it.

    Thanks PPE for the sig.

  9. #29
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Wilf prefers outdoor stadium!

    That revenue will go to the owners of the stadium. It is not going to be put back into the team.

    But, it will be good for local revenue dollars.

  10. #30
    canadian_vikes_fan's Avatar
    canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: Wilf prefers outdoor stadium!

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    That revenue will go to the owners of the stadium. It is not going to be put back into the team.

    But, it will be good for local revenue dollars.
    I was assuming that Zyggi would be at least a partial owner in the stadium, so that he would get some of the moolah.

    Thanks PPE for the sig.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Fans: Franchise QB or Outdoor Stadium?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-15-2008, 01:13 PM
  2. Zygi Wilf On The Vikings, A Stadium And More
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 06:05 PM
  3. Wilf: stadium chances are better
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 05:37 AM
  4. Poll: vike stadium Indoor or outdoor
    By Idahovike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 02:47 AM
  5. Wilf and Co. fighting to get us a stadium!
    By akvikefan89 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 11:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •