Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wilf Preaches Patience

"davike" wrote:
    Ha Wilf preaches patience to NFL fans?! Thats like trying to preach christianity to Osama Bin Laden.....
    and "Analogy of the Week" goes to...
    ;D

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

nice one.
    We're bringing purple back.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

We are two paitent. We have such a talented team and our stars look like they will rott in mediocrity. Turning an NFL franchise around has never been about patience. It's been about key moves that pushes every team to the elite status.

Rams. Traded for Falk. Signed unknown Warner. Drafted Holt wih the 6h pick.
    Something clicked and they were turned into the darlings of the league.

There is no reason that we cannot do the same and shouldn't expect to do the same. You should start every season confident that you will be going to the superbowl. If you aren't it's all for naught.
    We play in the NFC for hell sakes. All it takes is an 9-7 season and a
    small win streak to get you to the big ball game. Make the right moves and we wouldn't need patience. This defeated attitude sucks. but it's the mainstay of this team.

We aim for a Qb that is just good enough to be average. We aren't even asking for average play. We just want him to be consitant. Shouldn't we want an elite Qb? Regardless of what type of offense you run you should want an elite qb that can help you should the defense try to shut down you main options.

We aim for an average WR corps. We run the ball, why should we want great Wrs? Umm so that they make you running game more potent. Nope, not us.

With out drastic improvements in these two areas we are not superbowl bound. Either have TJ play at an above average level or get ride of him. But don't tell me, his performance is not judged by making the f***ing playoffs. Is Marty is getting fired after he changed the Chargers into a annual playoff caliber team and went 13 -3, WTF are we keeping a staff that is still further away from making the playoffs than the previous staff.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    We are two paitent. We have such a talented team and our stars look like they will rott in mediocrity. Turning an NFL franchise around has never been about patience. It's been about key moves that pushes every team to the elite status.

There is no reason that we cannot do the same and shouldn't expect to do the same. You should start every season confident that you will be going to the superbowl. If you aren't it's all for naught.
    small win streak to get you to the big ball game. Make the right moves and we wouldn't need patience. This defeated attitude sucks. but it's the mainstay of this team.

We aim for a Qb that is just good enough to be average. We aren't even asking for average play. We just want him to be consitant. Shouldn't we want an elite Qb? Regardless of what type of offense you run you should want an elite qb that can help you should the defense try to shut down you main options.

We aim for an average WR corps.
    We run the ball, why should we want great Wrs? Umm so that they make you running game more potent. Nope, not us.

With out drastic improvements in these two areas we are not superbowl bound. Either have TJ play at an above average level or get ride of him. But don't tell me, his performance is not judged by making the f***ing playoffs. Is Marty is getting fired after he changed the Chargers into a annual playoff caliber team and went 13 -3, WTF are we keeping a staff that is still further away from making the playoffs than the previous staff.

What are you talking about with all this "we" stuff?

I think our whole offense has potential to be really really good.

Just because you don't think our QB and WRs will be good, doesn't mean that Vikings fans are not expecting much.

And why do you expect elite QBs to just fall out of the sky? Every single elite QB in this game ever was nobody before he was somebody. Every single one had doubters.

PATIENCE is needed. Without patience, Eli Manning and Coughlin and the Giants organization would have never gotten a superbowl this past season. Chapionships are not won by making quick knee jerk decisions.

Don't say we.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"happy" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

We aim for an average WR corps.
    We run the ball, why should we want great Wrs? Umm so that they make you running game more potent. Nope, not us.

What are you talking about with all this "we" stuff?

I think our whole offense has potential to be really really good.

Just because you don't think our QB and WRs will be good, doesn't mean that Vikings fans are not expecting much.

And why do you expect elite QBs to just fall out of the sky? Every single elite QB in this game ever was nobody before he was somebody. Every single one had doubters.

PATIENCE is needed. Without patience, Eli Manning and Coughlin and the Giants organization would have never gotten a superbowl this past season. Chapionships are not won by making quick knee jerk decisions.

Don't say we.
    The old Eli Manning argument. The fact is Eli wasn't a bad Qb last year. At no point last year did Eli look like a Qb that couldn't coming in and start for us( including the MIN game). Any one that knows a thing about football would have seens

1) His starting RB was hurt, his back up RB was hurt and he was handing off to a 3rd stringer.
    2) His best wr was hurt all season long.
    3) His 2nd Wr and security blanket was coming back from knee injury
    4) The defense was constantly giving up the big play.

Think about the division he plays in. You have the Boys, Skins, Eagles and the the Giants.
    hacks expect him to come in and play like Peyton or be a leader like Peyton.

We however, played in a one of the worst divisions in football last year.
    We have an easier division and more should be expected of us.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

The fact is, without patience from the Giants organization, Manning and Coughlin never would have gotten the chance to win last season because people really wanted them both gone prior to the start.

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

I am reminded of Guns and Roses....Patience

I think our team is headed in the right direction.
    Though I do at times miss the big plays of Moss/Carter/Reed and Culpepper/Cunningham, I understand the direction we are heading.

I think TJ will be solid, our running game is solid, and our receiving corps is getting better.
    We will play ball control, and attempt to win the line of scrimmage.

I like the way we evaluate talent, both in Free Agency and the draft.

I feel better about our team than I have in years past.

Skol!!!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I don't mind being patient if we're improving, but if we regress next season then there is no reason Childress should be around after it.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=43828.msg754002#msg754002 date=1207421734]
    [quote author=dcboardr41 link=topic=43828.msg753998#msg753998 date=1207420438]
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=43828.msg753959#msg753959 date=1207411768]
    Plus it's gotta be harder to sell purple clothing ect.

i love purple, its bad jiggly butt
    i have 3 vikes uni's and i wear them all the time
    I couldn't agree with you more. I am glad to say I have the balls to wear purple outside of gameday. Plus I love the look I get from Packer fans when I am at the store. IMO the shade of purple we use is bad jiggly butt!
    8)
    Purple was originally worn by royalty...

exactly
    and pimps wear it too lmao
    Just call me a royal pimp. gol 'darnit that would of been a good screen name.
    [/quote]

lol, royal purple pimp....amazing name
    [/quote]

I am going to get a custom jersey with that on the back!
    [/quote]

you would be wearing a turtle neck

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"happy" wrote:
    The fact is, without patience from the Giants organization, Manning and Coughlin never would have gotten the chance to win last season because people really wanted them both gone prior to the start.

Your compasiom of Tj to Manning and CHildress to Coughlin...

1) For 1, both had made playoffs in their tenure...We haven't
    2) I can go on if you wish?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast