Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Zygmunt Speaks!

"singersp" wrote:
    So far Zygi has been a man of his words. We will know for sure when March 17th rolls around.

If he goes back on his word now, it would surely hurt his creditibility with some fans, Minnesotans & legislatures.

Keep in mind, the Vikings will still need to shop for a back-up QB or pursue one with the draft. Dante will probably not be ready to go at the beginning of the season & since Hill has been told he won't be re-signed, we need a back-up for Johnson until DC's healthy.

I am going out on a limb and saying that it will be Gus Ferotte.. There are rumors that he will be released if he doesn't accept a paycut. He has already said that he won't, so look for the Fins to let him go.

Also, I see Zygi being a man of his word. That doesn't mean that he won't pay Culpepper, wait till he is able to play then trade him when his stock is up. I would still kinda like to see the Vikes go after Brees in FA, but not if it means Wilf going back on his words..

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wilf plans $6 million commitment to Culpepper

Sorry to sound do "grumbly", but the fact taht Wilf has stated - again - that he plans to pay Culpepper isn't exactly breaking news...even if he did reiterate it only yesterday.

Is the new Vikings "We ain't saying NUTTIN'!!!" policy so stumping reporters that they have run out of relevant material? Or were the previous policies so generous with information that the reporters forgot how to ask interesting and intelligent questions?

Either way, not much "News" is comming out on the Vikes of late...simply more rehashing of the same tired stories. The last interesting tidbit was us slapping Williams with the Transition tag...after that, it was all bupkis.

I can't wait for Free Agency to start...then the reporters will be able to get some REAL stories again...from the AP wire.

Caine

Best news out of the offseason! Get back soon DC.
    You republican whore!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    Sorry to sound do "grumbly", but the fact taht Wilf has stated - again - that he plans to pay Culpepper isn't exactly breaking news...even if he did reiterate it only yesterday.

Is the new Vikings "We ain't saying NUTTIN'!!!" policy so stumping reporters that they have run out of relevant material? Or were the previous policies so generous with information that the reporters forgot how to ask interesting and intelligent questions?

Either way, not much "News" is comming out on the Vikes of late...simply more rehashing of the same tired stories. The last interesting tidbit was us slapping Williams with the Transition tag...after that, it was all bupkis.

I can't wait for Free Agency to start...then the reporters will be able to get some REAL stories again...from the AP wire.

Caine
    That is the problem with writers. They have nothing to go on so they make up sh!t. That is what gets fans, and players so pissed off that they have no other choice but to lash out. I think if the writers have nothing to go on, then they should keep their bif F'N mouths shut and write about something else..

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Sunday, February 26, 2006

[size=18px]Culpepper's status in Minnesota still uncertain[/size]

Daunte Culpepper has been the subject of trade speculation before this year was even over. The Vikings have done little to quell the talk. At least until this week.

Reports now have the Vikings willing to committed to paying a $6 million dollar roster bonus due to Culpepper on March 17th. The Vikings owner says Dante is still in their plans. But, the question is are they "playing" plans or "trading" plans?

New headcoach Brad Childress reportedly disclosed that the Vikings had discussions with other teams at the combine workouts. Despite pledging to pay the roster bonus, the Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said that nothing has been ruled out.

So much for commitment.

// posted by JD @ 11:24 AM

Daunte Culpepper

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm gonna be happy when this is all figured out once and for all. I hope we give him the bonus and KEEP him, but who knows what the hell is gonna happen!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

GoVikes11 is offline Rookie

If the right offer comes along before he pays the money, I doubt he'd pass it up. I must admit, I wanted Daunte traded and this is coming from a guy that used to have Culpepper as one of his fav. players and the number 11 in his name.
    Hypocrite. Its ok though at least you told the truth. I just think it's kinda lame to just like him when things are going well. I have liked him since his UCF days and I always will. It really pisses me off when I see all these Viking fans that turn against him or boo him (opening day) just because he didn't play well last year. He is a top five Quarterback and he will show it next year. Lets just hope he does it in purple. I know I don't post here often because I usually just go to footballsfuture.com but I just thought I would speak my mind and I hope I didn't offend anyone.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I hear ya GoVikes!!!

People on here were riding his jock hardcore when he was having a great season.. Saying "I Told ya, He will be a HOF'er"

Then some of the same people are calling for a trade and don't even like him anymore..

He was alot of peoples favorite player here.. And when he does bad they go and pick a different favorite player

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Now Daunte -- Wilf has shown you his true colors. How aboout you showing years and becoming the leader of this team you are suppose to be and learning this offense?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

This is horrible news. I was really looking forward to seeing Daunte get traded. We need a true team leader in the clubhouse and Daunte just does not cut it anymore he has proven that by his lies and the way he carries himself.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast