singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Wilf nephew a limited partner in family ownership circle

[size=18px]Wilf nephew a limited partner in family ownership circle[/size]

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: July 13, 2006 – 9:50 PM

The Vikings acknowledged Thursday the existence of a seventh and formerly unannounced investor in their ownership group.

Jeffrey Wilf, the nephew of owners Zygi and Mark Wilf, has owned a small stake in the team since the ownership transfer from Red McCombs last summer. Mark Wilf confirmed that Jeffrey is a limited partner.

Jeffrey Wilf is a senior at a "prestigious East Coast university," according to his biography, and is majoring in government. Mark Wilf asked that the university remain unnamed for privacy reasons.

The biography also reports that Jeffrey is involved with the Wilfs' Garden Homes real estate operations as well as the Vikings.

Four members of the Wilf family have ownership stakes in the Vikings: Zygi, Mark, Jeffrey and Leonard. The other limited partners include David Mandelbaum, Alan Landis and Reggie Fowler.

Training camp changes

The first four days of training camp will be open to the public, the Vikings announced Thursday. The span includes six non-contact practices at the end of the month.

Rookies and selected veterans will report July 27 to Minnesota State Mankato and begin practicing the next day. The remaining players report July 30 and have a light practice scheduled for July 31.

The team initially indicated it would close those practices to the public for the first time in team history. But Lester Bagley, the team's vice president of public affairs, said that issue needed clarification.

"Our intention was that any practice open to the media would be open to the public," Bagley said.

Bagley stressed that camp will not "officially" open until the first full-pads practice Aug. 1. While fans are welcome to watch the earlier practices, Bagley said concession stands and the Vikings Village entertainment area will not open until Aug. 1.

Etc.

• The Vikings had no interest Thursday in former Virginia linebacker Ahmad Brooks, whom Cincinnati selected in the third round of the NFL supplemental draft. "He is a talented football player," said Rick Spielman, vice president of player personnel. "But he had character issues and medical issues, and that wasn't something we were looking to get involved in."

• The team recently added Todd Nielson to its staff as a coaching assistant, bringing its total number of assistant coaches to 22.

Wilf nephew a limited partner in family ownership circle

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Wilf nephew a limited partner in family ownership circle

I wonder why they kept it mum that he was a part owner until now?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    I wonder why they kept it mum that he was a part owner until now?
    Exactly, what are they hiding?

Prophet Guest

Everything is a conspiracy. My guess is he's a limited partner meaning it's inconsequential. This was also mentioned in the tidbits thread.

"Prophet" wrote:
    Everything is a conspiracy. My guess is he's a limited partner meaning it's inconsequential. This was also mentioned in the tidbits thread.
    That's why I didn't mention it in the "Tidbits". I started a thread on that "tidbit" as well as the one on Greenway being a back-up.

You added those to the tidbits after I had already started the threads!

PM yourself a Bill Murray Clock pic. :razz:

Prophet Guest

My life is groundhog day lately, it's permanently embedded in my pyshe.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

quite the family huh? lol

oh, and my guess on why he didnt let it be known until now is he wanted to keep his name on the downlow, didnt want media around or people asking him crap

although, if i was a senior at a university, i'd be using that to get me laid every damn night

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese