Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wilf is like a Gun Slinger!

Jay Glazer from Fox Sports has this to say about Childress:

Childress is the guy. The Vikings have solid personnel and $25 million or so in cap room as well as an owner who wants to spend big on a winner. This was the best opening on the market.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

So far, Ziggy is doing and saying all the right things. I just hope he keeps it up and start spending any cap money we got left.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    So far, Ziggy is doing and saying all the right things. I just hope he keeps it up and start spending any cap money we got left.
    You can't just spend it cuz you got it, you have to make sure you're smart with it. It would be nice if they spent some of it, but not all, just to have some flexibility. We don't want to end up like the 49ers did.

tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

"KJ" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    You can't just spend it cuz you got it, you have to make sure you're smart with it. It would be nice if they spent some of it, but not all, just to have some flexibility. We don't want to end up like the 49ers did.
    I agree that Wilf seems to know what he wants and goes after it. Just because we have some cap room we still need to spend it wisely.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    This may have been mentioned elsewhere but here's a tidbit I picked up from the Tribune today...
    One of very smart things Zygi did was to involve Bud Grant in the interview process. I don't know of anybody in the NFL who could judge people better than Grant, and he liked Childress from the start.
    That shows me that he gets some good imput from some well liked and respected sources IN MINNESOTA before he made the decision. In fact, I think it was Bud Grant's input that gave us Childress.
    I remember reading some comments and articles questioning where Wilf was getting his advice. Guess we know now. He was getting the best available. :smile:

WWBGD

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"Redrouster" wrote:
    Way to go Zygi! I am happy that Red is back to selling cars. Maybe he can bring back the 1953 Packard!
    LMAO Amen Brother!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The one thing I want to bring up, is the change in attitude.

When in Rome, do as the Romans don't.

What I mean is, in MN we have a very laid back attitude. I think it is part of the Scandinavian background, the highs aren't to high and the the lows aren't too low.

Wilf isn't a Roman!!

I think sometimes people try to assimilate to the surrounding and fit in. Well, I think it is important that Wilf does this his own way, he won't try to cause waves, but be careful of his wake. This is meant to be a positive towards Wilf.

I hope he uses his Viking sword as a stirstick and stirs this place up a bit. There are too many scandinavians sitting around minny that need to be lured into excitement. A change in attitude is good!!!!

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

I miss Red McComb.....just want to be different.
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i thought it was pretty cool how childress broght his wife here after his interview to try to show them how much he wants the job. i also like how childress was on the phone immedietly calling people to be his assistants. sounds like half of the philly coaching staff might be gone ha ha that again shows how much of a dufus andy reid is if half his coaching staff might leave him.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12