Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Wilf is like a Gun Slinger!

i personally like his style, even being a newbie NFL owner. shoot from the hip. meaning, he makes quick decisions and his aim has been true so far.

like a cold hearted killer, he shot tice out of the water less than an hour after the bears game. then he rescued the HC position by signing childress who is from one the win-ing-est teams in the last 6 years. he is man of his word...it was tices team until the end of the season.

i think he very well might end up being the best owner the vikes will ever have. spend, shoot, spend!

Prophet Guest

Re: Wilf is like a Gun Slinger!

LOL, I like his style so far too. Win. Just win.

Calmwind is offline Starter

Aye, its nice to have a big spender instead of a penny pincher. I still get violent episodes thinking about Red!
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I love Mr Zigy. Hes ready to spend or do whatever to get a championship!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well it is early days and have to see how things go but so far Zygi is looking to be doing the right things. Makes a change to see the Vikes getting involved at the early stages instead of waiting to see what castoffs are left after all the other teams have had their fill.
    It does make me feel that Zygi was behind the Vikes FA splash last year even though he was not the owner at the time.
    Somehow I think that we have a lot more to come over the next few months !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

Zygi is just what we needed. he wants to win and he will spend money. I believe that we are in for a great ride with childress and wilf. New coach, new players, new stadium...I think we have an owner that truly has PURPLE PRIDE. Go Ziggy!!!
    I BLEED PURPLE!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

This may have been mentioned elsewhere but here's a tidbit I picked up from the Tribune today...
    One of very smart things Zygi did was to involve Bud Grant in the interview process. I don't know of anybody in the NFL who could judge people better than Grant, and he liked Childress from the start.
    That shows me that he gets some good imput from some well liked and respected sources IN MINNESOTA before he made the decision. In fact, I think it was Bud Grant's input that gave us Childress.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    i personally like his style, even being a newbie NFL owner. shoot from the hip. meaning, he makes quick decisions and his aim has been true so far.

like a cold hearted killer, he shot tice out of the water less than an hour after the bears game. then he rescued the HC position by signing childress who is from one the win-ing-est teams in the last 6 years. he is man of his word...it was tices team until the end of the season.

i think he very well might end up being the best owner the vikes will ever have. spend, shoot, spend!
    I think a lot of the Titce supporters took this, and Zygi's vote of confidence, and Zygi's staement that he wouldn't make MAJOR changes as an act that only Red could perform.

From the posts I have red, the most Tice supporters seem to think that Zygi is just another Red. I for one haven't been a Tice supporter and am still willing to believe your words PA.

You put it in good terms, he has been very precise so far. It is good to have an owner not that is so much willing to spend money, but more so, knows what he wants. The worst thing that could have happened to us would have been a stalemate with the coach that we wanted.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

It [i]is[/] nice to hear that he got input from Bud Grant. It sounds like we have a good owner here who knows his strengths and his weaknesses. He has shown that he is decisive, and is willing to move quickly if the situation warrents it. He also seems to know that while he is the owner, that doesn't mean that he knows everything about football, and is therefore getting the information on which to base his decisions from the best sources he can find. This (finally) makes me optimistic for the future of this team.

Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

Way to go Zygi! I am happy that Red is back to selling cars. Maybe he can bring back the 1953 Packard!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast