Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wilf Keeps On Spending Money On Vikes!

I've always believed, you are who you hang with and feel like how you dress..

Saying that, Ziggy has shown and continues to show, he is willing to make the changes to bring a SB to MN....

I think it's great he's taking care of buisness on all sides, facilities, Coaches, and soon I'm sure players......

Way to go Zig.......Keep it up....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Salzy is offline Rookie

I'm naming my first born Zygi.
    The Cheat is grounded!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"Robo" wrote:
    GIVER KEEP ON SPENDING> YOU HAVE THE BEST FANS IN THE COUNTRY - WE NEED THE BOWL IF YOU BUILD IT , IT WILL COME !!!!
    yeah thats for sure and if we can win it the state will be in a frenzy and want more and more of them.

i'd also like to say that redneck was so cheap he wouldn't fix the air conditioning in the locker rooms i think thats where it was at and i think it only costed 40k to fix now thats cheap.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Da article said, dey are improvin' and enlarging da facility cause dey have more people in dere now. Ya needs ta grow as a team, so's ya needs ta have a bigger place for everybody in it, y'know?

It's a little ting, mebbe, but, little tings mean a lot, y'know? When Bud Grant foist came into coachin da Vikes, he instituted a lot of nit-picky rules. A lot of da players started tinkin dat dey had a Mickey Mouse coach, y'know? But, the mental discipline started to seep in after a while, and they became more professional in their attitude because of dat.

Now, Wilf is makin some improvements to da old stadium. May not mean much, but it may make a mental statement dat will rub off on da team, and if it helps da team in da routine runnin' of a franchise, I'm for it. I'm always tryin' ta make improvements in my cell, here, but dey usually involve tunneling out. We almost made it last time, but we tunneled up into a cement factory. Wasn't where we wanted ta go, but at least 10 hardened criminals escaped.

Da guards are makin' da rounds now, so I'll see youse mugs later.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Who cares? The players get fancier digs now, yippee. How does that affect how they play?
    It not only shows a commitment to the players, but also a commitment to the organization and franchise as a whole. With Stadium talks still ongoing, this is a good PR move as well.

I say good job! It is about time that we had an owner who was willing to make a real investment in the team. Skol Zygi!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Navycoach is offline Starter

Found this snippet of an article by Sid Hartman while I was just browsing around . . .

The Vikings have hired the California consulting firm Winner and Mandabach Campaigns to run their public relations campaign to persuade people here to get behind Zygi Wilf's plan to build a football stadium and a $1 billion real estate development in Blaine

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

My only point is, all these people are getting excited about Wilf spending 2 mill on new digs, but it doesn't affect the fans or the play on the field, so who cares? Giving players millions to play the game is enough of a commitment to them in my mind.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

coreyd is offline Coach

Last year was his preseason for the team. He had a lot of changes ahead of them and I am glad that he is taking the steps he wants to take. It seems like he has a lot of support behind him and I cant wait to see the final product.

KEEP IT UP WILF!!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"OldManVike" wrote:
    Da article said, dey are improvin' and enlarging da facility cause dey have more people in dere now. Ya needs ta grow as a team, so's ya needs ta have a bigger place for everybody in it, y'know?

It's a little ting, mebbe, but, little tings mean a lot, y'know? When Bud Grant foist came into coachin da Vikes, he instituted a lot of nit-picky rules. A lot of da players started tinkin dat dey had a Mickey Mouse coach, y'know? But, the mental discipline started to seep in after a while, and they became more professional in their attitude because of dat.

Now, Wilf is makin some improvements to da old stadium. May not mean much, but it may make a mental statement dat will rub off on da team, and if it helps da team in da routine runnin' of a franchise, I'm for it. I'm always tryin' ta make improvements in my cell, here, but dey usually involve tunneling out. We almost made it last time, but we tunneled up

into a cement factory. Wasn't where we wanted ta go, but at least 10
    hardened criminals escaped.

Da guards are makin' da rounds now, so I'll see youse mugs later.
    Hey Old Man.....

My wife makes a mean ass cake, and I have some old files I could, (by accident) drop into the batter and send you a nice cake..

I only hope one thing, your soap is on a roap.........

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

It should also help our team because according to the article our practice facility was meant for use by fewer players than we currently use now. So now all players should be able to use equipment and have a good amount of space. I could see that helping our team.
    ;-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast