Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Wilf keeps focus on looking long-term

[size=13pt]Wilf keeps focus on looking long-term[/size]

The Vikings owner says good things will come to the team in the future, and that includes finding the right location to get a new stadium built.

Sid Hartman, Star Tribune
    Last update: November 27, 2006 – 12:07 AM

"This is the first year of the new coaching staff, and with a lot of new players, we look forward to a long-term process of building our team and becoming more consistent on the winning side," Wilf said. "I look for good things to come in the future.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Wilf keeps focus on looking long-term

good read, personally i hope that the new stadium gets build downtown and not somewhere on the countryside
    i love wilf, he's a great owner and i don't think he's gonne go anywhere with the vikings.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I like it that Wilf keeps his focus on building a Power House Dynasty in Minnesota

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"cogitans" wrote:
    I like it that Wilf keeps his focus on building a Power House Dynasty in Minnesota
    I was saying the same thing.

He wants to make money.

Look at this league. With a salary-cap to prevent Yankees-like monopolies on talent, the NFL is supposed to be about parity. However, look at the teams that are making all the money. New England, Indy, Pittsburgh, Philly, Carolina. How do they make so much? Merchandising. How do they sell so much?

Winning.
    , Consistantly.

Wilf knows this. So he's going to do whatever it takes to win.

Quite the upgrade from Red, eh?
    8)
    -Sno

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

He wants to make money.

Look at this league. With a salary-cap to prevent Yankees-like monopolies on talent, the NFL is supposed to be about parity. However, look at the teams that are making all the money. New England, Indy, Pittsburgh, Philly, Carolina. How do they make so much? Merchandising. How do they sell so much?

Winning.
    , Consistantly.

8)
    Merchandising?
    I'm almost positive that that revenue is split EVENLY amongst the 32 teams in the league.

The difference between those teams you listed and the Vikes on the revenue front lands SQUARELY in the lap of the MetroDome and the horrible, horrible, horrible lease they have the the Metropolitan Sports Commission.

The Redskins are the most valuable team in football NOT because they sell more stuff than anyone else (which they don't) - but because they have the largest stadium in the NFL (92,000+) which is wholly owned by Snyder AND because they've got a sweetheart naming rights deal with FedEx.

Indy, BTW, is ONE SPOT higher than the Vikings as far as franchise value goes.
    In large part due to the fact that the RCA Dome is a craphole.

http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/s/forbes.html

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

This is def one of the better ownerships i think we've h ad in a long time. Keep it up Wilfy and lets get the Vikes a new home!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

He wants to make money.

Winning.
    , Consistantly.

8)
    Merchandising?
    I'm almost positive that that revenue is split EVENLY amongst the 32 teams in the league.

The difference between those teams you listed and the Vikes on the revenue front lands SQUARELY in the lap of the MetroDome and the horrible, horrible, horrible lease they have the the Metropolitan Sports Commission.

The Redskins are the most valuable team in football NOT because they sell more stuff than anyone else (which they don't) - but because they have the largest stadium in the NFL (92,000+) which is wholly owned by Snyder AND because they've got a sweetheart naming rights deal with FedEx.

Indy, BTW, is ONE SPOT higher than the Vikings as far as franchise value goes.
    In large part due to the fact that the RCA Dome is a craphole.

http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/s/forbes.html

=Z=
    I'm sorry, I misspoke...

NFL liscensed material is shared wealth. I was trying to refer to concessions sales and money spent at the game, and to get in no less...

Also the link provided still has Red as the owner of the Vikes, so its a little dated...

Anyway, the point is I think Wilf is going to be willing to spend the money it takes to make this team a consistant threat in the years to come.

-Sno

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Hope he gets the stadium approved quickly and soon, and wins us a butt load of Super Bowls.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Anyway, the point is I think Wilf is going to be willing to spend the money it takes to make this team a consistant threat in the years to come.
    and I think he also realises that its won't be instant success either, unlike Dan Snyder who thought he could buy a Superbowl win. Thats always a bonus to have an owner with realistic expectations.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    and I think he also realises that its won't be instant success either, unlike Dan Snyder who thought he could buy a Superbowl win. Thats always a bonus to have an owner with realistic expectations.
    No doubt.
    I've liked Wilf so far, realistic and willing to fork out the coin in salary capless facets of the team.
    My only concern so far is whether or not he is too involved in micromanaging the affairs of the team.
    I sure hope he gets the stadium deal pushed through soon.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast