Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Wilf has meeting

Why would they spin it in favor of Tice? I mean have you seen anything possitive written or said about him in the last 2 months? Anywhere?

If coupled with the statement that Tice's job is secure for the season and the statements are accurate I really think he could be wearing the headset again.

I just don't see why a 180 on the media's part

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Snow in april - I would rather sit our best player and let the team know that a certain conduct is not acceptable from anyone, than win a game. I am not worried about one game but a season, a championship, a franchise. If these guys are that stupid that didn't know that what they did was wrong then they are too stupid to be on this team and should be traded. And they aren't that stupid, they know what they did was wrong otherwise they would be talking to the media. Not running for cover and denying they were on the boat.

I hope Zygie takes a hard stand and lets these players know they had better start concentrating on football or they won't play for the Vikings. These guys need to get their head out their arses and make some plays on the field.

And by the way how pathetic are these guys, they are NFL players and they have to pay for women to come on board and show them a good time. Even people like Cajun can do that!! J/K Cajun!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Del Rio Guest

I think sometimes it's easy to forget that these icons, these material things that we feel a need to posses in some way, are actually people.

With people comes baggage, where they were raised, what they have gone through. A lot of these guys are young.

I don't care about the boat, the only thing that bugs me is the negative attention it had given the team as a whole. If Wilf wants to be an asshole and get rid of some people then I would think less of him as an owner.

Why not make a plan and then punish if they do not obey the plan. He took over an unguided, mislead group of young men. If he acts to quickly to appease some of the fans who are outraged it would be a damn shame.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    ...And they aren't that stupid, they know what they did was wrong otherwise they would be talking to the media. Not running for cover and denying they were on the boat.
    They have been instructed by upper management not to discuss the incident with the media. they are not running for cover as you say.

It will all come out when the investigation is over & the facts are out.

The problem is people want to know the facts NOW! NOW! NOW! and can't be patient until it does.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

I like Tice. As far as I can see he is innocent in this whole deal.

It's some of the players that have to go. Especially Culpepper.

Go Viks!!!
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

"jimmymac" wrote:
    I like Tice. As far as I can see he is innocent in this whole deal.

It's some of the players that have to go. Especially Culpepper.

Go Viks!!!
    Do you have any proof that Dante did anything wrong on the boat? Because no one else seems too. Until you do, it's not worth discussing.

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

This has nothing to do with anything Culpepper did or didn't do on the boat. Culpepper is not a leader and not a good QB. Get a new QB/leader.

Why's everyone anti-Tice?
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

"jimmymac" wrote:
    This has nothing to do with anything Culpepper did or didn't do on the boat. Culpepper is not a leader and not a good QB. Get a new QB/leader.

Why's everyone anti-Tice?
    OK, I miss understood you by your comment of Tice being innocent in this whole deal. Everyone is not anti-Tice, like myself. But I'm sure anti-Red. I think we all pretty much agree on that.

Del Rio Guest

I think a lot of people are not high on Tice because he has done less with the talent he had then most teams.

And Culpepper is not going anywhere for a long time so sit back and cringe buddy. That contract is way too huge to move. You won't get rid of an ex pro-bowl QB with nothing in return.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think a lot of people are not high on Tice because he has done less with the talent he had then most teams.

And Culpepper is not going anywhere for a long time so sit back and cringe buddy. That contract is way too huge to move. You won't get rid of an ex pro-bowl QB with nothing in return.
    And probably has done more with the less talent he's had on his coaching staff then most teams!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast