Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Wilf gives Childress a vote of confidence

[size=13pt]Wilf gives Childress a vote of confidence[/size]

The Vikings owner says he has all the faith in the world in the coaches and said the organization is getting better every day.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Asked Tuesday about fan response to the Vikings' performance this season, Wilf said: "The fans are great here. I don't think there is a lot of frustration. I think there is a lot of patience, and I just hope we can reward them with more and more victories sooner rather than later."

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wilf gives Childress a vote of confidence

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' Zygi Wilf preaches patience[/size]

Vikings owner says he wants to build a team that is consistent for years to come

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"I think there is a lot of patience..."
    No, patience is worn thin and you can tell by the near blackout the Vikings were bailed out of by Fox 9 after 96 consecutive sellouts. Us fans had the disappointment of the 98-2001 seasons to see the team improve but continually collapse under Tice because McCombs refused to replace the weakest link, Ted Cottrell, or target any defensive FAs. Instead of helping Tice improve on his 9-7, Wilf fires Tice and gets Brad Childress etc, etc. The bottom line is fans hate the boring product being put on the field. KFAN is already talking about the Wild. I slept through most of the Vikings-Packers game, which one year ago I couldn't imagine.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

what do you expect Wilf to say 4 games into the season?
    He has to say that he is 100% behind Childress.
    He is a football fan.
    He is watching the games.
    He knows that the offensive scheme is terrible.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vikings owner backs Childress[/size]

Wilf not deterred by team's 11 losses in last 14 games

Posted: Tuesday October 2, 2007 8:17PM; Updated: Tuesday October 2, 2007 8:17PM
    sportsillustrated.cnn.com

After starting his first season 4-2, Childress has lost 11 of 14 games in charge of the Vikings. The biggest problem is an unproductive offense, which now features dangerous rookie running back Adrian Peterson but hasn't done enough to win with a reliable defense.......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

Maybe, just maybe, he has the ability to think while his head is outside of his asshole.
    He has a lot more invested in the team than someone that pays a couple hundred bucks to see the game or someone that pays a little to watch the game on the tube.
    He is doing something that *gasp* a rational person does that has invested millions of dollars...wait to see how it plays out while giving the employees a reasonable chance at success.

What surprises me is that close to 100% of the fan base was in agreement that the Vikings were going into the season without a QB that is ready, yet they are surprised that the Vikings do not have a viable option at QB.
    They obviously went down the route of seeing what Tarvaris has.
    It could be the walk of death for Childress or they could give up and acquire a veteran or countless other tweaks may happen to shore things up on the offensive side of the ball.

I'm not ready to panic with three Ls four games into the season by a grand total of 13 pts in three games.
    I seriously wonder what some of the fans do in their real lives when something happens to them...."oh my god, sell the stocks....they dropped 1/4 pt last hr!".
    There will always be servants and rulers.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Maybe, just maybe, he has the ability to think while his head is outside of his asshole.
    He has a lot more invested in the team than someone that pays a couple hundred bucks to see the game or someone that pays a little to watch the game on the tube.
    He is doing something that *gasp* a rational person does that has invested millions of dollars...wait to see how it plays out while giving the employees a reasonable chance at success.

What surprises me is that close to 100% of the fan base was in agreement that the Vikings were going into the season without a QB that is ready, yet they are surprised that the Vikings do not have a viable option at QB.
    They obviously went down the route of seeing what Tarvaris has.
    It could be the walk of death for Childress or they could give up and acquire a veteran or countless other tweaks may happen to shore things up on the offensive side of the ball.

I'm not ready to panic with three Ls four games into the season by a grand total of 13 pts in three games.
    I seriously wonder what some of the fans do in their real lives when something happens to them...."oh my god, sell the stocks....they dropped 1/4 pt last hr!".
    There will always be servants and rulers.
    I don't think there's any need to go into a deep psychological examination of Vikings nation to realize that fans invest a helluvalot more of themselves into the team than the team gives back.
    That's how sports works.
    If the Vikings were 10-6 every year but never reached the Super Bowl, then that would be cause for people to scream and bitch and whine as if every move by the team or play-call by the coach is a personal attack on them.

And that just ain't the damn case.
    Of course Zygi wants the fans to come to the games.

But his first responsibility is to his own investment and that of the other owners.
    It is NOT to make Ultra, Cajun, CCTheBest or me happy.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Bottom line is, Zygi has to say that. If we continue to perform this badly through to the end of the season, he might be saying something different, but during the season I don't think he has any real option other than to publicly (if not privately) back the coaches and playing staff.

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Its funny how people think that you draft a QB and the team should be a #1 contender instantly or that franchise QBs fall in your lap from the sky via trade. Almost never happens people! Even if the Vikings drafted Brady Quinn they would still suck right now, with a QB throwing stupid picks and making rookie mistakes. Has Quinn shown more promise in college? Sure, but college doesnt mean you are going to be successful in the NFL. They say year 3 is the magic number for most positions in the league, and year three happens to be Chillys last year under contract and TJs number of years in the league. Let the guy ride it out through next season and give him a chance to build the franchise. The team was 9-7 when he took over, but then lost its starting QB and all reliable receivers. The team was also the joke of the league for all the scandals it had. This team is much better at its core than it was before. It had to be wrecked from the foundation up, and when you do that it takes a little time to rebuild. Just like Wilf said, Patience. Hes the billionaire, not us. I think he knows a little more about building success than most of us here.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Redmption" wrote:
    Its funny how people think that you draft a QB and the team should be a #1 contender instantly or that franchise QBs fall in your lap from the sky via trade. Almost never happens people! Even if the Vikings drafted Brady Quinn they would still suck right now, with a QB throwing stupid picks and making rookie mistakes. Has Quinn shown more promise in college? Sure, but college doesnt mean you are going to be successful in the NFL. They say year 3 is the magic number for most positions in the league, and year three happens to be Chillys last year under contract and TJs number of years in the league. Let the guy ride it out through next season and give him a chance to build the franchise. The team was 9-7 when he took over, but then lost its starting QB and all reliable receivers. The team was also the joke of the league for all the scandals it had. This team is much better at its core than it was before. It had to be wrecked from the foundation up, and when you do that it takes a little time to rebuild. Just like Wilf said, Patience. Hes the billionaire, not us. I think he knows a little more about building success than most of us here.
    Exactly.
    Foundational repair.
    Wait it out and see what happens.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast