Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Wilf Gets It! Many season ticket prices staying same or dropping!

This quote is from a Vikings season ticket holder on another site who got a letter from the Vikes/Wilf yesterday regarding season tickets:

"in the coming days you will receive a package of information regarding your season tickets';
    "As a commitment to our loyal fans, two-thirds of the seats in the Metrodome this upcoming season will have the same or lower price than the past season.
    New in 2007, as a tribute to our inaugural season of 1961, we will be offering a number of upper level season tickets for $19.61 per seat per game."

I had been considering cancelling my season tickets this year.
    With the wife not working any longer because of our new baby, money is tight even without the expense of season tickets.
    As I live 700 miles away, I only go to one or two games a year and sell the rest.
    Before last year, the tickets I sold completely paid for my season tickets.
    This season, I had to sell virtually every game...including the home opener against the Panthers, the Bears game and the MNF game against the Patriots...for LESS than what I paid for them!
    As the season wore on, the price the tickets fetched went for even less and less.
    I took a pretty big loss on my tickets this past season.

Last week, I got a call (voice mail) from the Vikings ticket office saying that they had done some "reconfiguring" of the stadium and as a result, my seats were being moved down one row with no increase in cost (I had already been in the lowest row of the $32/$40 seats in the end zone corner).
    Today, I looked at Vikings.com and saw that my ticket invoice for the 2007 season is ready, and that my seats are in the $19.61 area!!!
    That means I'm moving one row closer to the field, and my season tickets will cost nearly $250 less than they did last year!!!
    I will find the money to renew my tickets now!
    Thank you, Mr. Wilf!
    Maybe there is a God (or a Odin)!
    SKOL VIKINGS!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Wilf Gets It! Many season ticket prices staying same or dropping!

This is very good news.
    I was getting a little worried when I wasn't seeing my invoice yet in the mail or online.
    I suspected it was due to a price change, but I had no idea that it would be to lower some prices.

I checked mine online, and they are the same price as last years.
    My guess is everything is staying the same except for the 19.61 seats. Cool marketing though.

I also wonder if they are going to be putting some of the new stadium information into the season ticket packets.
    I figure that may help generate some more excitement and increase renewals too.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Here is a quote from this article:

• The Vikings are mailing out season ticket invoices this week. The team has raised prices annually for nine years, but this year at least some tickets will remain unchanged. Team officials plan to release the entire price structure later this week.

In 2006, the Vikings had the NFL's seventh-highest ticket prices, according to Team Marketing Report.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Sweet!! Finally an owner that looks out for the fan...sort of.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

Wow, an owner who finally thinks of the fans. My father-in-law is a Giants season holder, and no matter if the Jints were supe winners, or dead last in the division, ticket prices went up, and so did parking. A blue collar guy can't afford to take his kid to a game, when seats like ours are $75 each, and we're 12 rows from the back wall of the upper deck. Parking has gone to $20, gas is $2.45 a gallon, and the tolls to get to and from the stadium are $9.00.So it's a little under $200 for a man to take his kid to a game, to sit in nosebleed heaven, in quite possibly 30degrees or lower.....and he still hasn't eaten yet! All this, and I forgot to mention, this is if you can find a season ticket holder who will sell you 2 tickets, because unlike baseball, there are no general admission seats. I wonder if the rest of the NFL is like this too. Anyone?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

It's pretty simple. If you are trying to push a new stadium thru, you'd best have fans that show up for the games.

He needs to sell season tickets to show people are going to support the Vikings.

They had several season tickets that went unsold last year & it will drop again this year. After last years ticket prices plummeted you'll see a lot more non-renewals this year.

He has to do something to get the tickets to sell if he wants a new stadium.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    It's pretty simple. If you are trying to push a new stadium thru, you'd best have fans that show up for the games.

He needs to sell season tickets to show people are going to support the Vikings.

They had several season tickets that went unsold last year & it will drop again this year. After last years ticket prices plummeted you'll see a lot more non-renewals this year.

One free hot dog for new season ticket owners.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"WVV" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

One free hot dog for new season ticket owners.
    I was thinking more on the lines of "A date with a MV Cheerleader"
    8)

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Thats very nice of them but I am sure it wouldn't be like this if we were 12-4.

You have to get somebody in the stadium.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Bring some offense back to the team.

We had a players who put points on the board, and asses in the seats.... if we get that back, we'll have full fan support, plus an excellent defense, and if the coach can put some of that talent together, a super bowl.

And that will certainly get a new stadium.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast