Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Re: Wilf defends Hutchinson signing

"Gift" wrote:
    In Wilf's view, the Vikings and vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski, the man who crafted the offer sheet, did nothing that was outside the spirit of the rules.
    I am a huge wilf fan but thats a load of crap.
    So you're not a fan of Rob 'Poison Pill' Brzezinski? I think he's my favorite person in the franchise right now.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

• Wilf didn't want to get into specifics regarding the uniform changes, but he said the helmet has been subtly altered. "Same helmet, same horn," he said. "The horn is just accentuated a little to give it a three-dimensional look."

[size=18px]WHEW!!! DA HORNS ARE STAYIN'!!![/size]

Now, I can rest a little easier, y'know?

As far as da 'poison pill' concept, da more I tinks about it, da more I'm kinda sorry we did what we did ta get Hutch, y'know? Yeah, I know, we got a great guard, and all's fair in love and war and football, but, puttin' da shoe on da udda foot, I would be p.o.'d if someone had done dis to us, y'know? I believe's in bein' on da up and up on how ya does business, y'know? And, I just would feel bedda about dis if we had gotten him wit'out da poison pill bs, y'know? Dis is gonna make da Vikes look like a shady organism, and you know me, I never would tink of bein' shady myself, y'know?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Gift is offline Coordinator

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    In Wilf's view, the Vikings and vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski, the man who crafted the offer sheet, did nothing that was outside the spirit of the rules.
    So you're not a fan of Rob 'Poison Pill' Brzezinski? I think he's my favorite person in the franchise right now.
    I'm glad we have hutch & I'm glad we have guys that will do what it takes to get the people we want. But saying we were within the "spirit of the rule" is just lying.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Prophet Guest

"Gift" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    I'm glad we have hutch & I'm glad we have guys that will do what it takes to get the people we want. But saying we were within the "spirit of the rule" is just lying.
    Welcome to the world of loopholes and talking in circles. A lot of us have a feeling of what is right and wrong, but as long as lawyers and legal jargon are the way to get things done there will always be loopholes being persued.

Some people affected by Hurricane Katrina are being told by insurance companies that the damage was done by wind if they had flood insurance or the damage was done by water if they had wind insurance. Fun world we live in. We can only play by the rules that they give us and in this case our guy outsmarted the Seachickens. Victory.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

The way I look at it is this, if it were against the rules, it would never have been approved.. We got Hutch fair and square.. He is a Viking because our front office is smart, and knows how to get a deal done..

As far as the new uni's go, I think it will be awesome to have some change to the uniforms. The three dimensional look on the helmet will be sweet. I just hope that they add some excitement to the pants, and jerseys..

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

I can deal with the uniform change, just as long as it's not too gaudy; like that crap the Bengals and Lions play in, dang!!

As far as Wilf needing to defend is signing of Hutchinson. The other owners are mad that they did not pull it off. I say, great move, Wilf.

Im excited to see wut they have in mind for the new uni's, although like it has been stated lets not get to flashy.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I like the simplistic approach to changing the uniforms.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Wilf shouldnt have to explain himself, the hutchinson "poison pill" isnt against the rules so shut the fuck up
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

well as far as poison pill......

if seattle was so conserned about signing hutch , then why not pay the man? why put any "tag" on him.

"geez .... i really don't want to pay you what your worth , so i'll make it a living hell to find work else where"

even the franchise tag doen't make it impossible to lose one of ur best players. so if some 1 wants them bad enough, then there is the chance that u could lose him. so quit denying the contract the players deserve and pay the man.

is any one suprised that the new cba is leaning to the players? wasn't it the nflpa contract that was accepted?

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast