Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wilf and Co. fighting to get us a stadium!

Holy shit dude!! Zygi is frickin awesome! He has already dont more for this team then Red did his whole stay here.. And the season hasn't even begun!

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "IbleedPURPLEandGOLD" wrote:
    I personally think an outdoor stadium hurts the Viks. We are a team built around speed. WIlf won't get a stadium without a retractible roof approved anyway.
    Outdoor stadium hurts the Vikes?? Ha ha, thanks for the laugh. Every time the Vikes made it to the SB, was with an outdoor stadium. :roll:
    Dome teams don't win Super Bowls!!! I'd be in favor of building an outdoor deal, it would be pretty sweet. Might be a little cold sure, but it would be fun!
    Watch out now!!!! :lol: We are still a dome team. How about only ONE team won a SB that was a dome team. That would mean us.
    You mean 2 teams the stupid Rams in what 99 and us in 05.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

"singersp" wrote:
    Latest Update on the stadium issue;

Vikings owner Zygi Wilf is expected to announce soon that he has reached an agreement with Anoka County officials to build a football stadium in Blaine.

Sources said Friday night that Wilf plans to make an announcement within days. Reached Friday, Wilf said, "We're still working on an agreement. We haven't concluded anything, but we're in the process of working on an agreement."

Wilf said he will be meeting with Gov. Tim Pawlenty soon.

"I don't know what will happen after that," he said.

Wilf also said he is willing to spend $250 million of capital investment in a new stadium.
    250 Million reasons to love Zygi more than Red! As if we need many reasons! :lol:
    This is so sweet. All I have heard so far is that Zygi wants an OUTDOOR stadium. Bring us back to the Met SuperBowl days, I will brave any weather to see the Almighty Vikings!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"When he builds it, I will come."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

sweet go wilf! i am glad hes our owner

Go vikes!!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I just saw that letter on the front page from Wilf.....I really like this guy as our owner....can't wait for the future.....initially I wasn't supportive of Wilfy, but I did a complete 360! Go Wilfs, Go Vikes!!!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Here is an article about a new stadium in Anoka, the price tag is up to about 700 Million.

I think they will end up settling on a retractable roof.

Also, the part about Wilf being a Monday Morning QB is great! I like that his wife made him agree not to let loses get him down, and that after the Giants would lose he could not talk about the game for days.

The guy is a die hard football fan, I think he will be a good owner. I just hope that he does not start the moving the team crap if the stadium does not get done as fast as he wants.

Wilf reveals stadium price tag

At least $700 million, says team's owner

BY ARON KAHN

Pioneer Press

A vision of the Minnesota Vikings' future became a little clearer Monday with details on how much a new stadium would cost and how the price tag would be split. But that future seemed a bit further away as politicians were more focused on helping Hurricane Katrina victims than three teams in search of playing fields.

Minnesota House Speaker Steve Sviggum said he was told by new team owner Zygi Wilf that a new Vikings home would cost between $700 million and $760 million, with the Vikings and Anoka County each paying $250 million to $280 million for the actual building.

On top of the team and county shares, the state would create a tax increment financing district to capture $200 million for construction of surrounding infrastructure, Sviggum said he was told.

Wilf was in town for Sunday's football game and Monday's discussions at the state Capitol, hoping that a special session would be called this fall to deal with requests from the Vikings and Twins and the University of Minnesota's desire for an open-air campus football stadium.

But Sviggum said chances for a special session have been lessening over the past two weeks because of the national focus on helping victims of Katrina, making special attention to stadiums look trivial.

Senate Majority Leader Dean Johnson, who also met with Wilf, said he hopes the governor calls the session, because it's time for the state to meet stadium needs and perhaps also grant energy assistance funds to poor people, given rising heating costs for this winter.

The Vikings and Anoka County want to build the stadium as part of a $1.5 billion commercial development on 740 acres at Interstate 35W between 101st and 109th avenues. The county has been focusing on a roofed stadium so events could be held throughout the winter. Wilf has said he's partial to an open-air stadium to bring back a tradition lost when the team moved into the Metrodome.

The governor's office did not release any information about Pawlenty's Monday lunch with Wilf.

At a breakfast meeting, Wilf entertained St. Paul Area Chamber of Commerce members with bittersweet comments after the team's opening-season game Sunday, when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers came into the Metrodome and beat the Vikings 24-13.

He said he'd promised his wife that when he bought the Vikings, he wouldn't get dreadfully upset when the team lost. The new Vikings owner, now a 55-year-old New Jersey real estate developer, said that in his younger days he became almost catatonic when the New York Giants lost and was unable to discuss the game with his wife for days.

Those times are supposed to be over, but "I haven't spoken to her yet,' Wilf said at the chamber breakfast, meeting his audiences' giggles with a half-smile.

Wilf was not at all happy with the game's outcome. "My passion is to be a winner,' he said.

The owner told the audience that he didn't want to be a "Monday morning quarterback,' a description applied to someone who second-guesses a team's decisions. Then he thought — wait a minute! — "I am the Monday morning quarterback!"

So Wilf said he will devote the same kind of energy to winning as he spent building his real estate development company into one of the largest such businesses in the United States.

"I have to be active,' he said. "I'm not going to call the plays, but I have to make sure all the people do the right things.'

His subtle sense of humor, standing in contrast to the blunt manner of former owner Red McCombs, seeped out during a question-and-answer period, when someone in the catering business asked Wilf if he would consider employing his business to make team meals.

Wilf thanked him for the offer and said he'd check out the state of dining at Vikings headquarters.

"Maybe it was the food,' he said, referring to the team's poor performance on the field.

Wilf fielded several questions about the team's stadium situation; one from Robert Naegele Jr., lead owner of the Minnesota Wild, who wanted to know when a new stadium would open.

"2010 or 2011,' Wilf said, the latter being the last year of the team's contract at the Metrodome.

He said the Vikings and Anoka County are "very close" to completing a formal stadium deal to submit to the Legislature, in the event Pawlenty calls a special session.

Aron Kahn can be reached at [email protected] or 651-228-5569.

JIM MONE, ASSOCIATED PRESS
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"singersp" wrote:
    Latest Update on the stadium issue;

Vikings owner Zygi Wilf is expected to announce soon that he has reached an agreement with Anoka County officials to build a football stadium in Blaine.

Sources said Friday night that Wilf plans to make an announcement within days. Reached Friday, Wilf said, "We're still working on an agreement. We haven't concluded anything, but we're in the process of working on an agreement."

Wilf said he will be meeting with Gov. Tim Pawlenty soon.

"I don't know what will happen after that," he said.

Wilf also said he is willing to spend $250 million of capital investment in a new stadium.

Now that's what I'm talking about!! Git-R-Done!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Zygi kicks butt!

Here is another article:

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=106969

SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I'm going to be honest here. I think this is not that good news. Its great that we have an owner that gives a crap and is trying to get it done but I hate the idea of the Vikes going to Anoka county. Hennipen county needs to step up and try to keep the Vikes in Minneapolis. It isn't going to happen though. I also know I am completely in the minority with the opinion that I'd rather see us stay in the Dome for as long as possible (I know that if a stadium deal doesn't get done, the team could eventually be gone) than see them leave the Twin Cities. Minneapolis is great on gamedays. Plus, its a fact that the majority of poeple in attendance are form Hennepin county. I will be very sad to see them go to Anoka no matter how nice the stadium will be. Also, for the out of town fans, where would you rather go, Minneapolis or Blaine? Those of you who attend games should help do whatever we can to keep them in the city. It will be a better experience for everyone as well as better for the economy for the entire state.

[color=red]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast