Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Wilf and Co. fighting to get us a stadium!

• The Vikings continued negotiations Friday to reach a memorandum of understanding with Anoka County to build a new stadium. The team hopes to reach an agreement in the next two weeks.

~~Startribune~~

:grin: That was a nice side note they threw in there! Anoka county, future home of the Minnesota Vikings? (now if we knew what kind of stadium Zygi wants...) very happy to see them getting somewhere!!! :grin:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Wilf and Co. fighting to get us a stadium!

Which ever it is I'm sure it will be top-notch! Zygi's a class act (and rich) & want's the best in the league. I personally prefer a retractable. Then you've got the best of both worlds & I don't want to go thru another stadium issue again in my lifetime. Real Grass is a Must! I can handle the cold, but watching a game soaking wet in the pouring rain or trying to see thru a snowstorm sounds like a real drag. I think the stadium should have 4 big parking ramps at the corners, like the mega-mall & a huge parking lot around the whole works for plenty-o-tailgaiting. The parking proceeds could then go towards the stadium fund instead of the owners of the parking lots/ramps that around the dome.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

I like Zygi, if he can get us a stadium and keep the Vikes in Minnesota I'll like him even more! Not saying that he's going to take them away, but it's always a small worry in the back of everyone's heads when there is a new owner, I have confidence in Zygi though!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    Which ever it is I'm sure it will be top-notch! Zygi's a class act (and rich) & want's the best in the league. I personally prefer a retractable. Then you've got the best of both worlds & I don't want to go thru another stadium issue again in my lifetime. Real Grass is a Must! I can handle the cold, but watching a game soaking wet in the pouring rain or trying to see thru a snowstorm sounds like a real drag. I think the stadium should have 4 big parking ramps at the corners, like the mega-mall & a huge parking lot around the whole works for plenty-o-tailgaiting. The parking proceeds could then go towards the stadium fund instead of the owners of the parking lots/ramps that around the dome.
    That would be awesome, never thought of it...

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Real grass or the field turf stuff I think will be all that is allowed.

The NFL is happy that all fields in the league are now one of those two, and probably wouldn't approve any old school astroturf anymore. That's soooooo 80s.

I personally think an outdoor stadium hurts the Viks. We are a team built around speed. WIlf won't get a stadium without a retractible roof approved anyway.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"IbleedPURPLEandGOLD" wrote:
    I personally think an outdoor stadium hurts the Viks. We are a team built around speed. WIlf won't get a stadium without a retractible roof approved anyway.
    Outdoor stadium hurts the Vikes?? Ha ha, thanks for the laugh. Every time the Vikes made it to the SB, was with an outdoor stadium. :roll:

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Outdoor stadium hurts the Vikes?? Ha ha, thanks for the laugh. Every time the Vikes made it to the SB, was with an outdoor stadium. :roll:
    Dome teams don't win Super Bowls!!! I'd be in favor of building an outdoor deal, it would be pretty sweet. Might be a little cold sure, but it would be fun!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Dome teams don't win Super Bowls!!! I'd be in favor of building an outdoor deal, it would be pretty sweet. Might be a little cold sure, but it would be fun!
    Watch out now!!!! :lol: We are still a dome team. How about only ONE team won a SB that was a dome team. That would mean us.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Latest Update on the stadium issue;

Vikings owner Zygi Wilf is expected to announce soon that he has reached an agreement with Anoka County officials to build a football stadium in Blaine.

Sources said Friday night that Wilf plans to make an announcement within days. Reached Friday, Wilf said, "We're still working on an agreement. We haven't concluded anything, but we're in the process of working on an agreement."

Wilf said he will be meeting with Gov. Tim Pawlenty soon.

"I don't know what will happen after that," he said.

Wilf also said he is willing to spend $250 million of capital investment in a new stadium.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast