Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Wilf, Allen have grand expectations - “'We expect to go to the Super Bowl'

    [size=13pt]Vikings: Wilf, Allen have grand expectations[/size]

    And there you have it, Vikings fans: the 2008 expectations straight from the mouth of new star Jared Allen.

    By JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune
    startribune.com


    Last update: June 8, 2008 - 8:08 PM



    Considering the financial investment that the Vikings made to upgrade their roster this offseason, it should come as no surprise that owner Zygi Wilf and Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen have grand expectations....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Wilf, Allen have grand expectations

    "The thing that I see as a difference is the attitude of the guys that are here," he said. "We have an attitude this year like we're working toward a goal. We're always working toward a goal, but this year you can definitely sense the guys have a little bit of extra pep in their step because we know we have a good team."
    Love the positive attitude. It sounds like everyone is feeling it.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Wilf, Allen have grand expectations

    "singersp" wrote:
    "The thing that I see as a difference is the attitude of the guys that are here," he said. "We have an attitude this year like we're working toward a goal. We're always working toward a goal, but this year you can definitely sense the guys have a little bit of extra pep in their step because we know we have a good team."
    Love the positive attitude. It sounds like everyone is feeling it.
    We are all feeling it. I hope the dome is extra loud this year and full.

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Wilf, Allen have grand expectations

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "The thing that I see as a difference is the attitude of the guys that are here," he said. "We have an attitude this year like we're working toward a goal. We're always working toward a goal, but this year you can definitely sense the guys have a little bit of extra pep in their step because we know we have a good team."
    Love the positive attitude. It sounds like everyone is feeling it.
    We are all feeling it. I hope the dome is extra loud this year and full.
    It'll be really loud this year beginning with the first time Jared Allen is announced as he comes out of that tunnel.

    Jared's acquisition by the Vikings is going to impact the team as a whole in more ways than people think.

    It's already begun. The team feels it.

    It's in the air. Breath it in. Can you feel it?

    It's in the rain........purple rain...purple reign.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,539

    Re: Wilf, Allen have grand expectations - “'We expect to go to the Super Bowl'

    I think that every1 is expecting lofty things from the vikes this year. We have what should be the most solid team we've had in many many years!!

    based on the aquasitions we have starts on O and D.

    we have the league's BEST run D. and with Jared and others we should be up there with pass d as well!

    our trench warriors are in my eyes second to none. dominating is how i would like to see them!!

    now Tjack is finding his groove, AD and CT are pumped to jam the field with highlight runs. even Shianco is stepping up his game!

    i'm truely expecting some GREAT games as a fan of football and the VIKINGS!!

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Wilf, Allen have grand expectations - “'We expect to go to the Super Bowl'

    Thanks for the read Singer.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Wilf, Allen have grand expectations - “'We expect to go to the Super Bowl'

    It will be Childress' job to make sure a confident but not cocky bunch shows up in Mankato.

    can't wait....!!!!!!


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  8. #8
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Wilf, Allen have grand expectations - “'We expect to go to the Super Bowl'

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    It will be Childress' job to make sure a confident but not cocky bunch shows up in Mankato.

    can't wait....!!!!!!
    They are going to dominate GB on opening day. I can feel it. Rodgers is going down.

    Again & again & again........

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #9
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wilf, Allen have grand expectations - “'We expect to go to the Super Bowl'

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    It will be Childress' job to make sure a confident but not cocky bunch shows up in Mankato.

    can't wait....!!!!!!
    They are going to dominate GB on opening day. I can feel it. Rodgers is going down.

    Again & again & again........
    Nah, I think he only gets sacked twice.
    Once on the first snap.
    After that he becomes jumpy and throws three INTs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #10
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Wilf, Allen have grand expectations - “'We expect to go to the Super Bowl'

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    It will be Childress' job to make sure a confident but not cocky bunch shows up in Mankato.

    can't wait....!!!!!!
    They are going to dominate GB on opening day. I can feel it. Rodgers is going down.

    Again & again & again........
    Nah, I think he only gets sacked twice.
    Once on the first snap.
    After that he becomes jumpy and throws three INTs.
    I'm hoping brining pressure rattles his cage the way it used to rattle Favre's.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jared Allen Lost His Super Power!
    By BloodyHorns82 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 01:18 PM
  2. The OFFICIAL "Just to Tick Vikes_King Off" Jared Allen SUPER BOWL Thread!!!
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2724
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 07:06 PM
  3. Vikings' Allen lives up to expectations
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 06:15 PM
  4. LXXX years of Super Bowl history - Vikings to win Super Bowl XLVI?
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 07:03 PM
  5. Worst Super Bowl Moments (Super Bowls I-XL)
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 11:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •