Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wide out battle

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Wide out battle

I think our receivers will be fine. But if the running game bogs down, then it will be tough for them to create and dominate which will put more pressure on the defense to gel faster.

Daunte' needs to contribute also out of the pocket to help out also.

natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler

im really thinking that m rob is going to have a huge year next year, he will get a lot of jump balls near the endzone becuase of his leaping ability and height

HerdDaVikes is offline Rookie

It should be interesting to see how it all pans out, I think we do have a solid group of recievers. The only thing I am concerned about is that we have more players that need to have a breakout year. Not everything turns out the way people expect it. If I seem to remember correctly, Ki-Jana Carter was supposed to be a stud, but never amounted to anything. Or for the vikings fans, Dimitrius Underwood. I just worry about not everyone stepping up and all of us being disapointed. Just a bit of pesimisom for you all.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"audioghost" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:
    Wide receiver is arguably the most interesting position to watch this season. For the first time since 1997, the Vikings will not enter the season with one of the game's most talented receivers in the person of Randy Moss. Although between injuries and early exits from the field, it can be argued Minnesota didn't really have him last year, either.

http://kfan.com/vikings/camp2005/positionbreakdowns/wide_receivers.htm

More like for the first time since 1989....Cris Carter was the man before Moss, he has the stats to be like 2nd or 3rd best of all time.....

All time receptions: He's 2nd with 1101
    All time recieveing TDs: He's 2nd with 13899
    All time recieving/rushing TDs: He's 5th with 130
    All time recieving yards: He's 4th with 130

Its been a while since we didn't have a Top 3 reciever in the NFL!
    You'd think with those kind of TD numbers he'd be first all time! :lol:

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

who's car is this i saw this in the training camp photos. that sh!t is hooked up.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"magicci" wrote:
    who's car is this i saw this in the training camp photos. that sh!t is hooked up.
    That's Pep's. Did anyone see burly's/ That sh!t is pimp.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

yea burley's car was a sweet ride too my friend has a car like his.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Nate's ride.

"Justin311" wrote:
    The Vikes have been blessed to have someone pass down the torch at WR. Ahmad passed it to Anthony, Anthony was there when Chris came in, and then Chris passed it on to Randy. I think Nate stepping up during Moss' absence late in the season showed his desire to take that roll. His YAC is huge. I truly expect Taylor being in camp to light a fire under Robinson to return to his reliability level of a few years ago. And while I'm not sure what Campbell's status is, I think Saiha and Williamson will open his eyes that the job of "speedy receiver" no longer belongs to him.

The vikes record last year in games without Moss may have been mediocre, but Culpepper showed his ability to spread the ball around during that stretch and become more of a leader.

The passing game was emphasized more last year due in large part to Kleinsasser being out after game 1. A healthy H-back and reliable 3rd down back in Jim will not only add to Culpepper's passing options, but it will bring the running game back to 2002 numbers. Wether or not Bennett stays healthy, there are 3 other RBs who can pick up the slack. And if tey try a cover 2 on Burleson, Williamson, or any of the other WRs, you've got Wiggins down the middle, and if the LB cover Wiggins, Culpepper can give ya 5+ yards on the ground.

Bring on 2005!!!!!!!
    yeah, we don't even need gun-toting Campbell on this team. I'd cut both him and Onterrio, let them go smoke weed and gang-bang together. We traded the best receiver ever in the NFL because of his distractions, so why put up with a receiver that couldn't hold his jockstrap?
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    Wide receiver is arguably the most interesting position to watch this season. For the first time since 1997, the Vikings will not enter the season with one of the game's most talented receivers in the person of Randy Moss. Although between injuries and early exits from the field, it can be argued Minnesota didn't really have him last year, either.

http://kfan.com/vikings/camp2005/positionbreakdowns/wide_receivers.htm
    yeah his hambstring will probably cause him problems all year long and don't forget about them ankles.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast