Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wide out battle

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Wide out battle

Wide receiver is arguably the most interesting position to watch this season. For the first time since 1997, the Vikings will not enter the season with one of the game's most talented receivers in the person of Randy Moss. Although between injuries and early exits from the field, it can be argued Minnesota didn't really have him last year, either.

http://kfan.com/vikings/camp2005/positionbreakdowns/wide_receivers.htm

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Wide out battle

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    Wide receiver is arguably the most interesting position to watch this season. For the first time since 1997, the Vikings will not enter the season with one of the game's most talented receivers in the person of Randy Moss. Although between injuries and early exits from the field, it can be argued Minnesota didn't really have him last year, either.

http://kfan.com/vikings/camp2005/positionbreakdowns/wide_receivers.htm

More like for the first time since 1989....Cris Carter was the man before Moss, he has the stats to be like 2nd or 3rd best of all time.....

All time receptions: He's 2nd with 1101
    All time recieveing TDs: He's 2nd with 13899
    All time recieving/rushing TDs: He's 5th with 130
    All time recieving yards: He's 4th with 130

Its been a while since we didn't have a Top 3 reciever in the NFL!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Don't take this the wrong way, I was and always will be a Randy Moss Fan...

And I also believe Moss is the most talented WR in the Game today...

But I feel our recievers corps, will do a very good job for us this season, I really want to see what Travis Taylor brings to the table...

I have a gut feeling, he is going to become a very welcomed site in the Purple and Gold......Also, It will be nice to see Troy grow with this group of recievers and add his own spin to the corp.......I say we are sitting mighty fine at this point....Without all the disruptions hoopla...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

GQVikesfan is offline Starter

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Don't take this the wrong way, I was and always will be a Randy Moss Fan...

And I also believe Moss is the most talented WR in the Game today...

But I feel our recievers corps, will do a very good job for us this season, I really want to see what Travis Taylor brings to the table...

I have a gut feeling, he is going to become a very welcomed site in the Purple and Gold......Also, It will be nice to see Troy grow with this group of recievers and add his own spin to the corp.......I say we are sitting mighty fine at this point....Without all the disruptions hoopla...
    I could'nt have said it better myself! Very good post!
    My toys!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/?action=viewĄt=car2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/Audi3.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Its been a while since we didn't have a Top 3 reciever in the NFL!
    That's because our running game has not been used as much since Green left. Remember the "Moss-Quota?" What a joke!
    The guy that really interests me is Siaha Burley. The player of the year in the Arena League. And even though it may be an inferior league to the NFL, pass catching skills are the same. Add to that a favorite target of Culpepper from college and I think this guy is gonna surprise a lot of folks.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Vrehna is offline Rookie

Burley is going to surprise some people. In fact, I think everyone is going to be surprized by how many weapons we have on this team. The thing is, that we have a really good formula working out.

This team is very solid on paper. Definetally a Superbowl qualifying team, but at the same time, Communism looks good and works on paper too, it just simply doesn't in real life.

We could have all of the players in the world, and on paper, it could look unbeatble, but it means nothing until it is tested. We will just have to wait and see...

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

The formula sounds good now....I can't wait till they get on the field.....

Before the Vikings had a top 3 reciever, a pretty good one across from him, then the rest were average players....

This year the Vikings have 4 or 5 pretty good recievers and the other 2 are gonna be average guys....more, less powerful weapons as apposed to less more powerful weapons....

We'll see how this works out!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

UkViking is offline Rookie

Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson are going to add good depth to the WR ranks and both play a part in the Vikings success.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Don't forget that Wiggy led the Vikes in receptions last year. Wonder if that will hold true to form this year.
    It will be very interesting to see who steps forward. I think that Nate will lead in receptions. I smell his first Pro Bowl.

Justin311 is offline Rookie

The Vikes have been blessed to have someone pass down the torch at WR. Ahmad passed it to Anthony, Anthony was there when Chris came in, and then Chris passed it on to Randy. I think Nate stepping up during Moss' absence late in the season showed his desire to take that roll. His YAC is huge. I truly expect Taylor being in camp to light a fire under Robinson to return to his reliability level of a few years ago. And while I'm not sure what Campbell's status is, I think Saiha and Williamson will open his eyes that the job of "speedy receiver" no longer belongs to him.

The vikes record last year in games without Moss may have been mediocre, but Culpepper showed his ability to spread the ball around during that stretch and become more of a leader.

The passing game was emphasized more last year due in large part to Kleinsasser being out after game 1. A healthy H-back and reliable 3rd down back in Jim will not only add to Culpepper's passing options, but it will bring the running game back to 2002 numbers. Wether or not Bennett stays healthy, there are 3 other RBs who can pick up the slack. And if tey try a cover 2 on Burleson, Williamson, or any of the other WRs, you've got Wiggins down the middle, and if the LB cover Wiggins, Culpepper can give ya 5+ yards on the ground.

Bring on 2005!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast