cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Why We're gonna Beat The Packers - For Sure

Kick some Puker azz!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    "vike68" wrote:
    i wonder if theyre gonna be the throwbacks with the stripe on the top of the sholder.

[size=18pt]Vikings will wear these vs. the Packers[/size]
    This is what they have in the Vikings store and it says that is what they will be wearing on Sunday.

Wow thats a sweet looking jersey.I hope we get some mojo goin cuz of it,
    if we lose to the Pack it'll be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong Sunday.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"Mr." wrote:
    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    "vike68" wrote:
    i wonder if theyre gonna be the throwbacks with the stripe on the top of the sholder.

This is what they have in the Vikings store and it says that is what they will be wearing on Sunday.

I have one of those jerseys....The old school is gonna bring good luck

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    "vike68" wrote:

I have one of those jerseys....The old school is gonna bring good luck
    I sure HOPE so!!!

PackersRule is offline Waterboy

I'm a huge Packer fan and I enjoy surfing our oppenents' forums to see what the "other side" is saying. I wanted to add a couple of things.

Based on the way we have been playing (dating back to last year) I am confident that we should win this game. But the MIN/GB games are always close and competitive, no matter which team is having a better year. I remember back in, 2004 I think, when we won both meetings 34-31, won the division, and then you beat us in the wild-card round by the same score. And the dome always scares me.

The key for you guys to this game is to shut down our passing attack. This means putting hardly anyone in the box and making us win on the run, which we CAN'T DO. Play alot of dime, some nickle on short-yard downs, and playing press-coverage. I don't think blitzing will do you much good, because we are throwing alot of 5-yard passes, hoping the the receivers can get some YAC, and steadily moving the chains. The days of Favre throwing 50 yard throws are coming to end, which is good for us as they haven't been working for the last few years, but Favre is looking fantastic with the short passes. He has only 2 INTs this year, both of which were results of our receivers fumbling balls into the air and the DBs having an easy ball to grab in the air. It is hard to get to the QB when he throws the ball a half second after the snap. We were able to neutralize Merriman and a good SD defense that way. I don't know much about your secondary (except for that traitor Sharper lol) but they need to step up.

On the other side of the ball, I think we will make you beat us with the pass. Our strategy with SD was to stack the box, contain LT, and make Rivers beat us, which he almost did, throwing for about 350 yards and 3 TDs. I think we will do the same with AP and make Tarvaris or Holcomb (spelling?) beat us, which I honestly don't think either of them can. I'm not saying that since we are 3-0 that we are a top 4 team in the league and a lock for the SB, but I just feel that we are a better team that matches up well w/ your unit.

I don't understand Vikings fan that say they want to someone take cheap shots at Favre and injure the hell out of him. I understand the competitve nature of playing against someone for years and wanting to beat them, but have a little respect. I hated Cris Carter for years whenever he torched our secondary, but I respected the hell out of him and never wished bad things on him. Thats because he was a class act and someone that deserves some respect. I know I am biased as hell and a huge Packer homer but its hard for me to fathom not respecting the hell out of someone like Favre, even if he was on another team.

Personally, I would like to see GB win the game 9-7, w/ Sharper having a shut-down game, Ferguson having a TD catch, and Favre throwing 700 yards and zero TDs so that he can break the record at home against those da lame bears.

"PackersRule" wrote:
    I'm a huge Packer fan and I enjoy surfing our oppenents' forums to see what the "other side" is saying. I wanted to add a couple of things.

Based on the way we have been playing (dating back to last year) I am confident that we should win this game. But the MIN/GB games are always close and competitive, no matter which team is having a better year. I remember back in, 2004 I think, when we won both meetings 34-31, won the division, and then you beat us in the wild-card round by the same score. And the dome always scares me.

The key for you guys to this game is to shut down our passing attack. This means putting hardly anyone in the box and making us win on the run, which we CAN'T DO. Play alot of dime, some nickle on short-yard downs, and playing press-coverage. I don't think blitzing will do you much good, because we are throwing alot of 5-yard passes, hoping the the receivers can get some YAC, and steadily moving the chains. The days of Favre throwing 50 yard throws are coming to end, which is good for us as they haven't been working for the last few years, but Favre is looking fantastic with the short passes. He has only 2 INTs this year, both of which were results of our receivers fumbling balls into the air and the DBs having an easy ball to grab in the air. It is hard to get to the QB when he throws the ball a half second after the snap. We were able to neutralize Merriman and a good SD defense that way. I don't know much about your secondary (except for that traitor Sharper lol) but they need to step up.

On the other side of the ball, I think we will make you beat us with the pass. Our strategy with SD was to stack the box, contain LT, and make Rivers beat us, which he almost did, throwing for about 350 yards and 3 TDs. I think we will do the same with AP and make Tarvaris or Holcomb (spelling?) beat us, which I honestly don't think either of them can. I'm not saying that since we are 3-0 that we are a top 4 team in the league and a lock for the SB, but I just feel that we are a better team that matches up well w/ your unit.

I don't understand Vikings fan that say they want to someone take cheap shots at Favre and injure the hell out of him. I understand the competitve nature of playing against someone for years and wanting to beat them, but have a little respect. I hated Cris Carter for years whenever he torched our secondary, but I respected the hell out of him and never wished bad things on him. Thats because he was a class act and someone that deserves some respect. I know I am biased as hell and a huge Packer homer but its hard for me to fathom not respecting the hell out of someone like Favre, even if he was on another team.

Personally, I would like to see GB win the game 9-7, w/ Sharper having a shut-down game, Ferguson having a TD catch, and Favre throwing 700 yards and zero TDs so that he can break the record at home against those da lame bears.

Just know that the "cheap shots at Favre" comments are said in a JOKING nature...none of us wishes injury on any player.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123