Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Why Are We Viking Fans?

Sorry los, I hate Favre with a passion, just like most other Vikings fans, and just like I'm sure you hate Moss with a passion. I don't hate him because he is good, I hate him because he is a packer and he is a big pain in the @ss for the vikings and has been for so long!! He's a good QB, but I can't wait to see him leave!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Why Are We Viking Fans?

"VaViking1" wrote:
    I know this is going to cause negative reactions from some of you. But when I was young and just starting to watch NFL football. I was a Green Bay Packers fan when they won the 1st 2 Super Bowls. Then the next season my dad and I were watching some game on TV and they were giving scores of other games. The announcer said the Purple People Eaters blah, blah, blah(my head snapped around and I asked my dad what he said). My dad told me what he said and I've been a VIKINGS Fan every since. I love the VIKINGS and I wouldn't think of ever changing teams no matter how things go.

VIKINGS 16 - 0(19 - 0)in 2004.

Tommy - VIKINGS Fan for Life!!
    I have a simular story to that. I first was a packer fan when i was younger because i didnt know much about the other team and couldnt stand the niners. Hawaii being niners territory. So i picked the packers becuase green and color was an alright color and they had this great player known as brett farve. I didnt follow football at all actually, just hoped the packers would win by asking my dad if they won since he is a huge better on football.

During the 99 season my uncle convinced me green bay was on a downward slide and that my then favorite player-farve was aging and close to retiring. I then shied away from them since.

Then came 2000 and i happened to be talking to my dad about football and he was showing me the teams odds and records. I then thought to myself about last season and what my uncle had said. SO i though, hey why not change team now???

Well that team just happened to field an undefeated record during the season and was currently playing the bucs at home on monday night. The color looked like it was blue but later found out it was purple. They won that game 30-23 and ever since then i became hooked to the vikings and football itself.

I cant wait to see the playoffs because i never seen the vikes play the saints and giants during the playoffs. I have yet to even see a playoff game live. 2001 actually was the first season i followed the vikes closely and through the whole season.

Long story huh???? Best one yet! :salute: :wink:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Why Are We Viking Fans?

I was about 11 or 12 when I started really following football. The home team, the Bears, were a few years removed from their superbowl run, and the owner was steadily letting the stars go because they made too much money. In my mind, that made him a jerk, and I didn't want to support his team, now that I was actually paying attention to these kind of things. Now growing up in Chicagoland will give you a healthy dislike of everything green and gold, so I looked at the other rival of the pack (besides the lions. I never have liked them. I think it has something to do with the permanant association I have between the Lions and the pathetic expression Wayne Font's always had on his face on the sidelines), liked what I saw, and have been a fan ever since.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Why Are We Viking Fans?

As a young child growing up in Cali I followed the local team at the time, the Rams. One day my father came into my room and noticed me cheering for the Rams. He told me, "you're cheering for the wrong team". The team the Rams were playing at the time..., the Vikings. My dad filled me in on how he followed the Vikes from their inception, and about their first Super Bowl run. We watched together in amazement as Fran Tarkenton pulled a few rabbits out of his hat, and the stone faced coach named Bud stood emotionless on the sideline. I was hooked. Shortly thereafter, I learned of my fathers plan to move the family to Minnesota. I was less than thrilled. My young friends told me horror stories of eskimo's and igloos. Needless to say, after the move, I was pleasantly surprised. There were no igloos. The people - civilized, and even the weather was bearable. Since then I've been everywhere around the world, and across the U.S., and I don't know of a better place to live and raise a family. Best of all though, I'm able to closely follow my favorite team. Now I have three children of my own, a son who recently moved out, and two daughters at home. I've got to say, that I have not failed as a parent - They all follow the Purple and Gold! I have 4 seats as season tickets, and take my children as often as I can. I'm sure the fondest memories they'll have of their childhood will be standing with their dad at the game, dressed in all purple, singing "SKOL VIKINGS" together, at the top of our lungs, 10 times a game.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Why Are We Viking Fans?

I thought I'd resurrect this thread for Del Rio... There's a lot of stories here.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Why Are We Viking Fans?

Thanks skol I was wondering why it came back.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

wv__viking__fan is offline Starter

Why Are We Viking Fans?

I am also on the team that has never been to Minnesota, until 9/12 that is. Making first trip to the dome for the opener. I was young and all my friends either liked the cowboys or steelers. I wanted to be different, I liked the Vikings helmets and their QB was named Tommy, as is mine. So thats how I became a Viking fan.
    Let s Go Mountaineers!

Why Are We Viking Fans?

"SKOL" wrote:
    As a young child growing up in Cali I followed the local team at the time, the Rams. One day my father came into my room and noticed me cheering for the Rams. He told me, "you're cheering for the wrong team". The team the Rams were playing at the time..., the Vikings. My dad filled me in on how he followed the Vikes from their inception, and about their first Super Bowl run. We watched together in amazement as Fran Tarkenton pulled a few rabbits out of his hat, and the stone faced coach named Bud stood emotionless on the sideline. I was hooked. Shortly thereafter, I learned of my fathers plan to move the family to Minnesota. I was less than thrilled. My young friends told me horror stories of eskimo's and igloos. Needless to say, after the move, I was pleasantly surprised. There were no igloos. The people - civilized, and even the weather was bearable. Since then I've been everywhere around the world, and across the U.S., and I don't know of a better place to live and raise a family. Best of all though, I'm able to closely follow my favorite team. Now I have three children of my own, a son who recently moved out, and two daughters at home. I've got to say, that I have not failed as a parent - They all follow the Purple and Gold! I have 4 seats as season tickets, and take my children as often as I can. I'm sure the fondest memories they'll have of their childhood will be standing with their dad at the game, dressed in all purple, singing "SKOL VIKINGS" together, at the top of our lungs, 10 times a game.
    Great post :wink: Congrates SKOL and SKOL to you my hats off
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234