Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Why Are We Viking Fans?

I have never in my life been to Minnesota, I became a Vikings fan back in the sixties. I was about 10 years old and the Vikings were on tv that week (we only saw 1 game a week back then an it was nation wide). The Vikings were playing against what was America's team back then (Roman Gabriel and the LA Rams). The Vikings were big underdogs (21 points I think) well I am here to tell you it took the Rams untill the final 2 minutes of the game to get the lead. it was then and there in NY that I decided to become a Vikings fan and have been one ever sense. I am now 49 and still love my Vikes!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Why Are We Viking Fans?

I have no idea why I became a Viking fan. Just did, and stuck with them.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Why Are We Viking Fans?

No kidding, I have never been to minnesota. God knows it is alot easier to cheer for other teams. Something about watching them back in 98 got me hooked, and now I wouldn't have it any other way.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Why Are We Viking Fans?

I was born and raised in a suburb of St. Paul and have been cheering for the vikes with my dad for as long as I can remember (about 20 years now). Now I am transplanted to Wisconsin and I love being a viking fan even more!! GO VIKES!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Why Are We Viking Fans?

was born in stillwater (suburb), but moved when i was 1. we moved around a lot so never set roots till we moved to iowa. i watched the vikings play the bears (i think) in the playoffs in '85 i think it was and was hooked. so it's a hometown/purely favorite team kinda thing. my dream job would be a scout for to vikings
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Why Are We Viking Fans?

Yeah, I have never been to Minnesota either... yet. I plan to make a trip this December to the Metrodome to see them play the Seahawks with my fiance.
    I started following the Vikings because I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and hated the Cowboys and their fans. Let me tell you, nothing is worse than Cowgirls fans when they are doing well. But, as soon as they go downhill, everyone is like, they suck! Bandwagoners to the extreme, at least Packers fans stick with their team.
    The first Vikings game I really remember watching was a 1st round playoff loss to the Giants. I wanted the Vikings to win so bad, but no such luck with those mid-nineties teams. I also remember seeing a Vikings starter jacket at the mall and thought it was really cool. Kinda wierd, I know, but something drew me to this team.
    Anyway, I still hear noise from my friends for liking them, but I stick by them and will always stick by them! I can't wait for them to win it all so I can brag my ass off!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Why Are We Viking Fans?

we need more people from here to talk, i became one because my mom trained me in as a youngen at the age of 4. My first memory, well i dont remember, but i love the team, i live in Plymouth, MN, and will probably live here and die here, always a fan, no matter the weather of the team
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Why Are We Viking Fans?

I've never lived in Minnesota but I was born in the upper pennisula of Michigan which is kinda sandwiched between Minnesota, Wisconsin and Lower Michigan. The majority of people up there are actually Packer fans. But my father was a fan of the Vikes since the late 60's and it rubbed off on me as we watched the games together as I grew up. Eventually I moved to Green Bay and was raised there for the rest of my childhood years. Being a diehard Viking fan in the heart of Packer country just reinforced my love for the Purple and Gold (and my hatred for the cheeseheads).
    Even babies know the difference.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Why Are We Viking Fans?

Wow...a topic title like that...there's just too many comebacks I can make. I'll abstain. For now.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Why Are We Viking Fans?

It was 1987 and the Vikings were playing the San Francisco 49ers in a crucial playoff game. Everyone was saying the Niners would win. Since I was the type of guy to root for the underdog, I found myself cheering for the Vikes. They ended up winning the game and I was so impressed because they had taken down the almighty 49ers, the team of the '80s. After that the Vikings just grew on me. I became a diehard fan despite growing up in Bronco territory. Never looked back...GO VIKES!!!
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast