Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

This is why we need some kind of roof on the new stadium

http://www.azsuperbowl.com/news_detail.aspx?id=618
    This year's Super Bowl XLI raked in an economic impact of $463 million for South Florida, according to a study released last week by the Sport Management Research Institute of West Palm Beach, Fla.

The institute found that 112,403 people visited the region for the Super Bowl and related festivities.
    Without a roof, Minny will not get a superbowl bid.
    We need this promise of economic impact in order to make this feasible in the legislature.
    I know a lot of people seem to relish the idea of outdoor football in Minnesota, but I would much rather have an enclosed stadium or a retractable roof than an open air stadium.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Json is offline GM

Re: This is why we need some kind of roof on the new stadium

We need this promise of economic impact in order to make this feasible in the legislature.
    I know a lot of people seem to relish the idea of outdoor football in Minnesota, but I would much rather have an enclosed stadium or a retractable roof than an open air stadium.
    I agree.
    I think it makes sense more sense for both the Vikings and the state to have a roof.
    That way the building can be used for other events, expecially the Final Four and Super Bowls.
    If the state and the vikes don't figure this thing out soon, I'm really concerned they will move.
    I know Zygi said he will stay, but words are words, actions are actions and I personally beleive in action way over words.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm not worried about him moving it.
    I think he would sell it before that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Retractable all the way.
    Spend the dough, get the political battles out of the way, and get it done.
    Throw a snoopy camp or a skeet range in there.. better yet, have the national quilting and scrap bookers conventions pegged for the new stadium in 2011.
    That ought to win over a few non football fans.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    This year's Super Bowl XLI raked in an economic impact of $463 million for South Florida, according to a study released last week by the Sport Management Research Institute of West Palm Beach, Fla.

The institute found that 112,403 people visited the region for the Super Bowl and related festivities.
    enclosed stadium, hmmm, I think there is one for sale in downtown, they could probably get a good deal for it.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Go with a retractable. It can be open if we want but closed if we want to hold other events like the Superbowl, Final Four ect. I don't understand people saying no to a retractable roof. If we are having a hard time funding a stadium now, how do you think they will justify having a stadium that can only be used for one sport for 1/2 the year?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Who cares about hosting the Super Bowl, I want my team to be in it, not host it. Let teams that are consistent losers like Detroit have it. I don't see teams like New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay and Chicago worrying about that crap, they just build great outdoor stadiums for their fans and try to win championships.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

enclosed stadium, hmmm, I think there is one for sale in downtown, they could probably get a good deal for it.
    Especially because of the shape it is in :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Who cares about hosting the Super Bowl, I want my team to be in it, not host it. Let teams that are consistent losers like Detroit have it. I don't see teams like New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay and Chicago worrying about that crap, they just build great outdoor stadiums for their fans and try to win championships.
    I like outdoor football, that being said I don't see why a retractable wouldn't be fine for both sides. The home team has the choice of open or not each game. However, one superbowl every 25 years doesn't seem enough to justify it. Perhaps, a rollerrink ala Ditka.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:

One major outdoor concert per year at an attendance of 70,000 per concert over 25 years should give us at least that much income potential. Book a few major concerts with major Country, Rock etc and you could certainly recoup any revenues lost by not having the roof. Plus you save what, 350 million by not putting the retracta-roof on there.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast