Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: Why are we even playing with WEBB at QB?

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    "Moss-like skillset" and "if he can catch" really should never be used in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence. Hand-eye coordination is a huge part of athleticism IMO, and without that coordination, Moss, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc. Wouldn't be the players that they are.
    The guy is 6' 4" 220 and runs a 4.38 forty. Wouldn't it be worth it to find out if he DOES have the COORDINATION!! Why shouldn't they be in the same paragraph. He has the same skill set as moss how tal is Moss 6' 4". How much does Moss weigh 210. Moss ran a 4.28 forty; Webb a 4.38 forty. Webb has long rangy arms and eerily reminds me of Moss with his build.

So if HE HAS THE HANDS he could be a very dangerous and Mosslike, IF HE HAS THE HANDS!!
    If he had anything close to "Moss-like" skills he would have been drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. Tall and fast doesn't make you "Moss-like". Dumbest comparison I've read in awhile.

If he can learn to be a good receiver, he might also learn to be a good QB, since he's had tons more experience doing the later.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Why are we even playing with WEBB at QB?

Webb ready for final preseason action
    Posted by Chip Scoggins
    Last update: August 31, 2010 - 8:46 PM

Webb was asked after Tuesday's practice if he's confident there's a spot for him on the team.

"I'm pretty sure there is," he said. "Coaches, they highly recommended and liked what I did so far so I'm just going to continue to do what I do."
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/101936683.html

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Wednesday (Why keeping Joe Webb is a no-brainer) edition: Wha' happened?

Posted by Michael Rand
    Last update: September 1, 2010

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/101968588.html

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

gagarr wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    "Moss-like skillset" and "if he can catch" really should never be used in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence. Hand-eye coordination is a huge part of athleticism IMO, and without that coordination, Moss, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc. Wouldn't be the players that they are.
    The guy is 6' 4" 220 and runs a 4.38 forty. Wouldn't it be worth it to find out if he DOES have the COORDINATION!! Why shouldn't they be in the same paragraph. He has the same skill set as moss how tal is Moss 6' 4". How much does Moss weigh 210. Moss ran a 4.28 forty; Webb a 4.38 forty. Webb has long rangy arms and eerily reminds me of Moss with his build.

So if HE HAS THE HANDS he could be a very dangerous and Mosslike, IF HE HAS THE HANDS!!
    If he had anything close to "Moss-like" skills he would have been drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. Tall and fast doesn't make you "Moss-like". Dumbest comparison I've read in awhile.

If he can learn to be a good receiver, he might also learn to be a good QB, since he's had tons more experience doing the later.
    Well, good for you if that is the dumbest comparison you are awful smart. Moss like means just that, he has similar attributes, if you don't think so good for you; I have stated what he weighs, his height, his build, and his forty. IMO he is very similar to Moss, will he ever be Moss who knows but I would take a chance on him at WR. What was he drafted as, an athlete not even QB. So I would not throwing around the word stupid until you learn a little more!!

Who cares where he played in college, TJ played most of his snaps at QB how's he working out. For all of you know it alls that say the football people know best then you shouldn't be saying where he should go. YOu obviously don't want to think outside the box. I for one think he has some special skills that can be showcased at another position and I don't give a ratsass how stupid you think it is!!

Yeah he had tons of experience at Qb how many people drafted him as one!! Who's the stupid one now!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    I am just scratching my head at some of the moves this guy makes. We will have to wait at least three years to see if Webb can make it at QB. Draft a Qb next year that can play the next year and see what Webb can do at WR.
    What makes you think you can easily convert a college QB to WR? Because of the Matt Jones experiment?

What makes you think it's just that easy to *snaps fingers* draft a QB and have him be a player?

I trust the people who actually do football stuff for a living, but that's just me.
    I trust some football people but I don't trust Childress. He does not seem to know what he is doing compared to other people in the league, at least the teams that are elite IMO!

He played some Wr in college. It is not like he was the starting QB the whole time he played College ball. Running a route tree is not rocket science, I know it would take a long time to learn the nuances of the game. But to run a route and see how his ball hawking skills are especially in preseason is not a strecth.

How long would it take you to learn a 9 route? :blink:
    I wholeheartedly disagree with the first paragraph. Childress took a team with little to no talent and has built it in 4 years into an NFC Championship contender.

As to Webb's WR experience - 30 catches in one season at the Div 1-AA level does not pump my nads on his future at the position. If playing WR were as easy as you suggest, there would be more Jerry Rices out there and fewer Aundrae Allisons.

Darth Vader would kick the Terminators ass, BTW.
    Childress did not take this team to where it is bu trather has been riding on Speilman's good decisons. His only draft choice that I know he wanted was TJ. I am impressed!! I didn't suggest it was easy, I said put him out there and SEE if he can catch, if he has the COORINATION. I am talking about one person, one individual, one skill set that I think may be special at WR.

I guess you love experiments with 1AA rookie QBs that have a strong arm and run alot. How has that TJ experiment worked out?

You must have Napolean syndrome if you think Vader is a bad a$$! If he were that bad he would not be part machine anyway!! He got his ASS kicked by some little human Jedi!! The Terminator would rip out Darth's tiny little nads and stick in his mouth!!
    Why is it with the Childress haters that when anything bad happens, it's his fault but when good things happen, it's not because of him?

Darth Vader would totally put the Force on the Terminator, stopping him in his tracks. No contest.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    I am just scratching my head at some of the moves this guy makes. We will have to wait at least three years to see if Webb can make it at QB. Draft a Qb next year that can play the next year and see what Webb can do at WR.
    What makes you think you can easily convert a college QB to WR? Because of the Matt Jones experiment?

What makes you think it's just that easy to *snaps fingers* draft a QB and have him be a player?

I trust the people who actually do football stuff for a living, but that's just me.
    I trust some football people but I don't trust Childress. He does not seem to know what he is doing compared to other people in the league, at least the teams that are elite IMO!

He played some Wr in college. It is not like he was the starting QB the whole time he played College ball. Running a route tree is not rocket science, I know it would take a long time to learn the nuances of the game. But to run a route and see how his ball hawking skills are especially in preseason is not a strecth.

I wholeheartedly disagree with the first paragraph. Childress took a team with little to no talent and has built it in 4 years into an NFC Championship contender.

As to Webb's WR experience - 30 catches in one season at the Div 1-AA level does not pump my nads on his future at the position. If playing WR were as easy as you suggest, there would be more Jerry Rices out there and fewer Aundrae Allisons.

Childress did not take this team to where it is bu trather has been riding on Speilman's good decisons. His only draft choice that I know he wanted was TJ. I am impressed!! I didn't suggest it was easy, I said put him out there and SEE if he can catch, if he has the COORINATION. I am talking about one person, one individual, one skill set that I think may be special at WR.

I guess you love experiments with 1AA rookie QBs that have a strong arm and run alot. How has that TJ experiment worked out?

You must have Napolean syndrome if you think Vader is a bad a$$! If he were that bad he would not be part machine anyway!! He got his ASS kicked by some little human Jedi!! The Terminator would rip out Darth's tiny little nads and stick in his mouth!!
    Why is it with the Childress haters that when anything bad happens, it's his fault but when good things happen, it's not because of him?

Darth Vader would totally put the Force on the Terminator, stopping him in his tracks. No contest.

=Z=
    What is wrong with you? you can't use those jedi mind tricks on a machine. He will never stop don't you understand, never until you are dead! EVER! Sara.....ah I mean Zeus!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:

Darth Vader would totally put the Force on the Terminator, stopping him in his tracks. No contest
    What is wrong with you? you can't use those jedi mind tricks on a machine. He will never stop don't you understand, never until you are dead! EVER! Sara.....ah I mean Zeus!
    Who said anything about Jedi mind tricks? The Force can be used on INANIMATE objects, dude! Freeze, Arnie. Whap. You're dead.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

tarkenton10 wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

Well, good for you if that is the dumbest comparison you are awful smart. Moss like means just that, he has similar attributes, if you don't think so good for you; I have stated what he weighs, his height, his build, and his forty. IMO he is very similar to Moss, will he ever be Moss who knows but I would take a chance on him at WR. What was he drafted as, an athlete not even QB. So I would not throwing around the word stupid until you learn a little more!!

Who cares where he played in college, TJ played most of his snaps at QB how's he working out. For all of you know it alls that say the football people know best then you shouldn't be saying where he should go. YOu obviously don't want to think outside the box. I for one think he has some special skills that can be showcased at another position and I don't give a ratsass how stupid you think it is!!

Yeah he had tons of experience at Qb how many people drafted him as one!! Who's the stupid one now!!
    First of all I DID NOT call you stupid. I call the comparison "dumb", because I'm sure there are other players out there with the same height, weight, and speed, but the reason we don't know about them is because they didn't make it to the NFL or aren't that special.

Just as I'm sure there are several players out there with the same height, weight, and speed as Jerry Rice, but you won't catch me comparing them to him based on such minimal criteria.

As for thinking out side the box, him being a WR isn't that out side the box, he was drafted to play WR. But when they saw his QB skills they changed there minds. To me that says he's got better QB skills than WR skills, thus the reason they moved him to QB. Could he play WR? Maybe, but we won't get a chance to see him as one any time soon unless Chilly does get a clue and use him in a wildcat situation.

The obviously other teams didn't see him as a QB or WR and I imagine the Vikes just saw him as a project with a potential upside, which using a 6th rounder on was worth the gamble.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

gagarr wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

First of all I DID NOT call you stupid. I call the comparison "dumb", because I'm sure there are other players out there with the same height, weight, and speed, but the reason we don't know about them is because they didn't make it to the NFL or aren't that special.

Just as I'm sure there are several players out there with the same height, weight, and speed as Jerry Rice, but you won't catch me comparing them to him based on such minimal criteria.

As for thinking out side the box, him being a WR isn't that out side the box, he was drafted to play WR. But when they saw his QB skills they changed there minds. To me that says he's got better QB skills than WR skills, thus the reason they moved him to QB. Could he play WR? Maybe, but we won't get a chance to see him as one any time soon unless Chilly does get a clue and use him in a wildcat situation.

The obviously other teams didn't see him as a QB or WR and I imagine the Vikes just saw him as a project with a potential upside, which using a 6th rounder on was worth the gamble.
    +1

Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:

Darth Vader would totally put the Force on the Terminator, stopping him in his tracks. No contest
    Who said anything about Jedi mind tricks? The Force can be used on INANIMATE objects, dude! Freeze, Arnie. Whap. You're dead.

=Z=
    What possibly could you throw at the terminator's alloy chasey that could even dent it. Heck they blew him up and the only thing that happened is he got pissed off. If Vader thorws an inanimate object at The Terminator the only thing that will happen is you will have an angry machine then Vader will be his Beyotch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast