Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Why The Vikings Will Succeed In 2008 (Marrdro's Take)

Very good take Marrdro!
    I like how you realistically analyze the entrie team, and still have an optimistic attitude.
    Playoffs in 2008!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

bravo sir
    you have became one of my favorite posters on this site

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    Marrdro you are amazing MY FRIEND

In all reality I see the team gelling and working around AP and T-jack... And people will buy into Chilldress and his schemes

We will build around the draft and get nice young up and coming talent

We have alot of extremely young guys who will only grow

I see us as a legit superbowl contender in 2-3 years
    I hate to be all negative but it seems I hear this every year!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Very good take Marrdro!
    I like how you realistically analyze the entrie team, and still have an optimistic attitude.
    Playoffs in 2008!
    Thanks my friend.
    I try to analyze and still stay as real as possible.

As I told Z in another thread.
    I would love to have an open door into the inner workings of Winter Park, if even for a short time.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Nice job, Marrdro. IMO, it all comes down to TJ, and whether or not he can get over the hump on the learning curve.

We are so strong in many areas...and I have the utmost confidence in our scouting and personnel areas to fill the voids. As you said, I expect AD to pick up "Blocking 101", adding another dimension to the offense when he's on the field. I'm sure he will excel at it as he has everything else. And with the O-line having one more year together as a unit, communication breakdowns should be less frequent and glaring. Here's to 2008!
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    bravo sir
    you have became one of my favorite posters on this site
    Again, thanks for the kind comments.
    Not sure if they are warranted but they are welcome all the same.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"marstc09" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

In all reality I see the team gelling and working around AP and T-jack... And people will buy into Chilldress and his schemes

Very astute observation.
    Optimism does usually abound this time of year for most teams, however, I really believe we have something to look forward to this year.

Excellent ownership that will pay for a winner.

Sound front office that appears to making all the right decisions with respect to personnel.

Coaching staff starting thier third year.

A team of very good to excellent players at almost all positions that got some much needed reps/experience last year with almost every starter coming back with unlimited potential.

Optimism should abound.
    Truth be told, we look alot better than at least half the league as they struggle to sign over priced talent, that they have no CAP room to accomplish that in.

"VikingMike" wrote:
    Nice job, Marrdro. IMO, it all comes down to TJ, and whether or not he can get over the hump on the learning curve.

We are so strong in many areas...and I have the utmost confidence in our scouting and personnel areas to fill the voids. As you said, I expect AD to pick up "Blocking 101", adding another dimension to the offense when he's on the field. I'm sure he will excel at it as he has everything else. And with the O-line having one more year together as a unit, communication breakdowns should be less frequent and glaring. Here's to 2008!
    Thanks my friend.
    Didn't notice until know you tribute to Keneche in your Sig.
    Classy my friend.
    Very classy indeed.

I assume the Keneche issue will cause the front office guys to adjust thier plans a bit, but as you said, I have the utmost confidence in them to get the job done.

Excellent post.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Very astute observation.
    Optimism does usually abound this time of year for most teams, however, I really believe we have something to look forward to this year.

Sound front office that appears to making all the right decisions with respect to personnel.

A team of very good to excellent players at almost all positions that got some much needed reps/experience last year with almost every starter coming back with unlimited potential.

Optimism should abound.
    Truth be told, we look alot better than at least half the league as they struggle to sign over priced talent, that they have no CAP room to accomplish that in.
    I hope you are right because I think it is playoffs or bust for Chilly. So do you think Childress wants McNabb here?

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Very astute observation.

Optimism should abound.
    I hope you are right because I think it is playoffs or bust for Chilly. So do you think Childress wants McNabb here?
    You know I disagree with you on your first point.
    I don't think the Chillers job is in jeopordy at all no matter what happens next year.
    Remember, this is a real football organization and the owner new the risks going into the last couple of years when the decision was made to start youth over going out and getting Vets ala the Redskins way.

As to your second point, thats a loaded question and you know it.

;D

I still contend that the front office settled on TJ after screwing the pooch on Cutler and Kellen and not getting a deal done with BJ to stick around for at least another year or so if for no other use as a backup.

It is painfully obvious to most observers that the ownership (as I pointed out above) has decided to go with youth. As a Head Coach toeing party line I think the Chiller supports them.

Behind closed doors I think he yearns for Vets that execute everytime and don't make rookie mistakes all the time.

What is the bigger question is does the Ownership group worry about fan approval enough to step away from the current plan and bring in a Vet QB (DE, WR, and S for that matter) or will the continue down the "Build Through the Draft" and "Learn Under Fire" path.

I don't think they blink.
    They will address the DE position if for no other reason than the devastating events with Keneche and might, just might bring in a Vet WR if they can find one for the correct price.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast