Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: why the vikings will be a powerhouse if fowler gets the

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    First off, I always agree with what you have to say. But to say Green was fired because they "wised up" is inaccurate. If it were true, why haven't they built up the D until this offseason? (on paper of course)
    The money issue. Tice has been forced - with the exception of Winfield for the most part - to rebuild via the draft. There have been other FA acquisitions, but none that have made a serious dent in the ineptitudes of the D. Rebulding via draft is always slow. I'm amazed we've come as far as we have so fast.

The Vikes were forced to "wise up" when they saw the team implode...and it did. Remember Carter, Moss, and Culpepper ragging each other out after almost every series? Remember Carter throwing hissy-fits and acting like a spoiled biatch? Remember Moss getting more and more frustrated? Remember Culpepper looking shell-shocked because HE was trying to keep his cool?

All thanks to Denny.

Tice never allows that type of BS to go on. Remember Campbell's TD celebration that Tice reamed him on? The ONLY incident that I can recall of Tice's team losing it was when Kleinsasser came off the bench and crushed the Packer jerk who blasted Walsh on that downed reception...the fight that spawned the "Hovan-vs-Favre" incident (Which Favre started...then couldn't back it up...go figure). But, I forgive that because even "I" wanted to blast the Packers for that one (NOTE: This followed the Sapp issue where he blasted a Packer from behind, and the Packers screamed bloody murder. Then they do the exact same thing).

The Vikes realized in Green's last season that he was all flash and no substance. He depended too much on the high-powered offense, and when that died, he had nothing left and no way to dig us out of the hole.

Truth is, I think Tice has done a miraculous job of reviving the team when you consider what he had to work with and how much financial support he got.

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    This is absolutely the most idiotic post this forum has ever seen, and those who acquiesce to its merit are troglodytic.
    As for you...please enlighten me as to WHY we are:

1: A member of a fabulous or prehistoric race of people that lived in caves, dens, or holes.

2: A person considered to be reclusive, reactionary, out of date, or brutish.

3: An anthropoid ape, such as a gorilla or chimpanzee.

4:An animal that lives underground, as an ant or a worm.

While I applaud your attempt at using a new word (Increasing your word power is always a good thing), your use is neither accurate nor correctly applied.

You see, WE are not hiding from this sticky issue. WE are not blundering about blindly in a vain attempt to ignore the "issue" so that we can claim there isn't one. WE are not ignoring reality, nor are we discussing this issue (and all of the sub-issues that have arisen) in a degrogatory or demeaning fashion.

WE are simply having a conversation...a quite good one at that. If you - who have yet to master multisyllable words - don't like that, read something else. No one forced you to read...or reply for that matter.

If you elect to continue reading, you have only yourself to blame. Keep in mind that there are 8 people in the entire world whose opinions I actually care about.

You aren't on that list.

Caine
    I decided I'd not reply to this post until I would be able to not write a rebuttal in anger.

As a black male who played sports at the high school level and has two friends - only one close, though - who play in the NFL, my post was not one of opinion, as you ignorantly conjectured, but one of fact.

Fowler being our owner will not do anything for us in terms of recruiting more black players.

Let me say why. The best coach in this league, Bill Belichick, is white. But he's a down to earth white male. My friend - who will remained unnamed - played on his offensive line, and spoke with him with regularity. Bill Belichick is an amiable guy, and his skin color doesn't matter, because he does his best to understand the struggle of the black male athlete.

It's not about race, my friend, it's about awareness. You are speaking of a 'reality' of which you know nothing - you're conjecturing based on feelings and media expression, and the words of a few ignorant blacks to whom skin color means everything.

I was a bit harsh in my initial assessment of this post, but I was on edge already, and posts such as these tend to tip me over. The problem with this topic is that it's far, far too narrow - blacks will not flock to our team because our owner is black. It's simply not going to happen, because most black - heck, and white - players are not that idealistic. Athletes, black and white, will flock to us because we will show them the quam, the greenback, the dough - that's why they'll flock to us. This isn't a political movement, people, it's the NFL.

Perhaps next time you move to reprimand me you should consider whether or not your thesis holds water first. But I suppose this needed to be addressed anyway.

P.S. - For your intellectual benefit, the definition of troglodyte I was referring to was the second. www.hookedonphonics.com might help you to further understand words in context.

(Just kidding )
    What exactly IS the "struggle of the black male athlete"? And how does it differ from the struggle of the black female athlete? Or from the struggle of the female athlete? Or even the struggle of the athlete in general?

Also, could Denny be one of those "few ignorant blacks to whom skin color means everything"? He DID have both a black offensive coordinator (Ray Sherman) and two black defensive coordinators (Emmitt Thomas and Willie Shaw) at the same time in some point of his tenure...but were they the best coaches for the job (arguably not)? Did color enter into his decision-making when he chose them or were they the best available at the time? You gotta ask those questions before you assume that his motivation was pure...in much the same way that every top level hiring should be scrutinized in today's top level of athletics. Otherwise, all this squabbling is just lip service.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    - For your intellectual benefit, the definition of troglodyte I was referring to was the second. www.hookedonphonics.com might help you to further understand words in context.

(Just kidding )
    [size=7px] [/size]

Ha! good one RM you accually made me chuckle :lol:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

I say will win because Fowler won't be stingy with tha money....
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    First off, I always agree with what you have to say. But to say Green was fired because they "wised up" is inaccurate. If it were true, why haven't they built up the D until this offseason? (on paper of course)
    The money issue. Tice has been forced - with the exception of Winfield for the most part - to rebuild via the draft. There have been other FA acquisitions, but none that have made a serious dent in the ineptitudes of the D. Rebulding via draft is always slow. I'm amazed we've come as far as we have so fast.

How are you feeling now?
    The Vikes were forced to "wise up" when they saw the team implode...and it did. Remember Carter, Moss, and Culpepper ragging each other out after almost every series? Remember Carter throwing hissy-fits and acting like a spoiled biatch? Remember Moss getting more and more frustrated? Remember Culpepper looking shell-shocked because HE was trying to keep his cool?

All thanks to Denny.

Tice never allows that type of BS to go on. Remember Campbell's TD celebration that Tice reamed him on? The ONLY incident that I can recall of Tice's team losing it was when Kleinsasser came off the bench and crushed the Packer jerk who blasted Walsh on that downed reception...the fight that spawned the "Hovan-vs-Favre" incident (Which Favre started...then couldn't back it up...go figure). But, I forgive that because even "I" wanted to blast the Packers for that one (NOTE: This followed the Sapp issue where he blasted a Packer from behind, and the Packers screamed bloody murder. Then they do the exact same thing).

The Vikes realized in Green's last season that he was all flash and no substance. He depended too much on the high-powered offense, and when that died, he had nothing left and no way to dig us out of the hole.

Truth is, I think Tice has done a miraculous job of reviving the team when you consider what he had to work with and how much financial support he got.

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    This is absolutely the most idiotic post this forum has ever seen, and those who acquiesce to its merit are troglodytic.
    As for you...please enlighten me as to WHY we are:

1: A member of a fabulous or prehistoric race of people that lived in caves, dens, or holes.

2: A person considered to be reclusive, reactionary, out of date, or brutish.

3: An anthropoid ape, such as a gorilla or chimpanzee.

4:An animal that lives underground, as an ant or a worm.

While I applaud your attempt at using a new word (Increasing your word power is always a good thing), your use is neither accurate nor correctly applied.

You see, WE are not hiding from this sticky issue. WE are not blundering about blindly in a vain attempt to ignore the "issue" so that we can claim there isn't one. WE are not ignoring reality, nor are we discussing this issue (and all of the sub-issues that have arisen) in a degrogatory or demeaning fashion.

WE are simply having a conversation...a quite good one at that. If you - who have yet to master multisyllable words - don't like that, read something else. No one forced you to read...or reply for that matter.

If you elect to continue reading, you have only yourself to blame. Keep in mind that there are 8 people in the entire world whose opinions I actually care about.

You aren't on that list.

Caine
    I decided I'd not reply to this post until I would be able to not write a rebuttal in anger.

As a black male who played sports at the high school level and has two friends - only one close, though - who play in the NFL, my post was not one of opinion, as you ignorantly conjectured, but one of fact.

Fowler being our owner will not do anything for us in terms of recruiting more black players.

Let me say why. The best coach in this league, Bill Belichick, is white. But he's a down to earth white male. My friend - who will remained unnamed - played on his offensive line, and spoke with him with regularity. Bill Belichick is an amiable guy, and his skin color doesn't matter, because he does his best to understand the struggle of the black male athlete.

It's not about race, my friend, it's about awareness. You are speaking of a 'reality' of which you know nothing - you're conjecturing based on feelings and media expression, and the words of a few ignorant blacks to whom skin color means everything.

I was a bit harsh in my initial assessment of this post, but I was on edge already, and posts such as these tend to tip me over. The problem with this topic is that it's far, far too narrow - blacks will not flock to our team because our owner is black. It's simply not going to happen, because most black - heck, and white - players are not that idealistic. Athletes, black and white, will flock to us because we will show them the quam, the greenback, the dough - that's why they'll flock to us. This isn't a political movement, people, it's the NFL.

Perhaps next time you move to reprimand me you should consider whether or not your thesis holds water first. But I suppose this needed to be addressed anyway.

P.S. - For your intellectual benefit, the definition of troglodyte I was referring to was the second. www.hookedonphonics.com might help you to further understand words in context.

(Just kidding )

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112