Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

why the vikings will be a powerhouse if fowler gets the team

Before I start my thread, let me make this very clear that this is not a racist statement. It's just life but I know someone will get offended for no reason, but here it goes,
    I think that if fowler gets the team, we will win a superbowl within five years or so and here is why I say this.
    If we have a black owner, more and more football players would want to come to minnesota. I guess what I am trying to say is that black people like to be around other black people and having a black owner will help us recruit many free-agents. People are alot more comfortable in their own element and with their own kind. By next year, tice will be fired and we WILL have a black coach (which is just fine with me) and everyone is the organization will be black (which is also fine with me)and I think black players will be a lot more comfortable with fowler and his staff since they are black and this will be a selling tool to lure the players to minnesota. Think about it this way, if all is equal as far as the contract length and the amount of money, would a black player want to play for a white owner or a black owner?

VikingsM4 is offline Rookie

Re: why the vikings will be a powerhouse if fowler gets the

Umm...Not sure if I agree with you on this one. You make it sound like the Dommino Effect....I'd say there is alot more to the NFL, then who owns the team.....I'll just be glad Stubborn and old Red will be gone! :razz:

Pep MVP, 05-06

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The in common color is not black, it is green. Black, White, Red, Yellow, or Rainbow colored Ballas are interested in the Green and then a close second is winning a championship. Check out the latest TO thread, he likes Green, doesn't matter what race or ethnicity his owner is, he would still be causing the same Riff over GREEN.

If you are going to play you might as well get paid.

All competitors on the field think they are the best and can win that championship or they wouldn't be out there, call it cockiness to be competative. It doesn't matter where they are or which team they are with.

Not to bring up the Foreman issue again about him wanting to play for the Vikes but.........when it comes right down to it, players see this as a business and they act accordingly to their needs, the football players are people looking out for there well being.

How many stars are heading to Charlotte to play for the BOBCATS and Mr. Johnson?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2017897

I see where your argument is coming from but I think that maybe the players that play for that minority owner will play with a little bit more emotion may not be enough to win. The game is played with mind and body not just emotions, or I would be out there with a lot of ya'll on this site.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

It seems like the teams that make the best changes win Championships:

Denver changes uni's - win 2 championships
    Patriots change uni's - win 3 championships
    Baltimore gets a team - win a championship
    Buc's change uni's & get a new stadium - win a championship
    Ram's get new uni's - win a championship

Vikings (1). get a new stadium, (2). a black owner, (3). change their uni's (although I like the current ones) ... WOW ... it's destiny !!

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Is that what you think? I can tell you like this if I was playing I would want to play for the team that had the best chance of making it to and then winning the Superbowl. Or if I was indeed playing and I had a family to take care of I would think to look for the best place to raise my kids. Yeah playing for Fowler would be cool for the history and all, but when you compete you try to win. I am saying this as a black man. Oh yeah think of this, what NFL team has an all white coaching staff right now? Let's not assume that b/c Fowler is black that he will rid the team of anybody not black, If Tice is gone after this year I don't think that Fowler would hire some scrub just b/c he might be black. Everyone wants that "W"
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

brandsp is offline Rookie

Your point has some merit. There will be some more black people in the front office. Because Reggie will want some people he knows and trusts helping run the team. And like all races, most do prefer to hang around people they share experiences with, which does include race. Tice will probably be the coach next year, cuz you don't fire the coach who wins the Superbowl!! I think Pepper is and will be more of a draw to the Vikes than a black owner. Smoot even mentioned it helped draw him.

[size=24px]TEAM[/size]

Think about it like this:

when the players are on the field do you think they think "hey I have a Black owner. Hey the guy throwing me the ball is Black. Hey the White guy is going to level me, OUCH!"

They better be saying and thinking I want to win, I want to win, I want to win..............................

brandsp is offline Rookie

Snow in April,

That is true, but I think the point is more to the fact of getting the players to sign here in the first place.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

WHOA wait a minute Fowler is in the process of buying a pro-football team worth 625 million dollars (priceless to us fans) do you really think that he would be stupid enough to hire some friends just because? Or that all his friends are BLACK? Let's be real about this, why is Ozzie Newsome in the position that he is in? he's qualified that's why
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

"brandsp" wrote:
    Snow in April,

That is true, but I think the point is more to the fact of getting the players to sign here in the first place.
    True but it goes on to say and win. Then I take you back to the Johnson/Bobcats. I don't see the prospects flocking to the cause there. Change will have to happen slightly in the team and the winning attitude that is put forth before PLAYERS will start wanting to go there and play in Charlotte.

Just because a city has a hispanic mayor doesn't mean that all the hispanics are going to move there. Just cause they move there doesn't mean that the city is going to be a better place to live. Many factors play into that.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast