Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Why the Vikings Should Have Pursued Donovan McNabb

Don't worry my friends.

I hear its a sign and trade deal. We get Dnabb and Haynesworth, we promise not to bring the Noodle back and give them a few of our picks we have left.

........snicker........

Wouldn't that little scenario piss some people off. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On a side note......
    The Redskins can still waive or trade McNabb following this season with no financial commitments beyond 2010. ESPNís Adam Schefter reports that the contract includes a $10 million option this offseason, and that the Redskins can part ways with McNabb prior to paying the option bonus and void the remainder of their financial obligations by doing so.

If they pay the option, then they are obligated to the remainder of his contract.

So, we can look forward to an offseason full of headlines surrounding McNabb, especially with Brett Favre set to permanently retire.

I doubt the Redskins would flat out waive McNabb, but if they did the Vikings going after him seems like a no-brainer scenario, especially if Brad Childress is still at the helm.
    McNabb Could Still Be Available
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    Don't worry my friends.

I hear its a sign and trade deal. We get Dnabb and Haynesworth, we promise not to bring the Noodle back and give them a few of our picks we have left.

........snicker........

Wouldn't that little scenario piss some people off. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On a side note......
    The Redskins can still waive or trade McNabb following this season with no financial commitments beyond 2010. ESPNís Adam Schefter reports that the contract includes a $10 million option this offseason, and that the Redskins can part ways with McNabb prior to paying the option bonus and void the remainder of their financial obligations by doing so.

If they pay the option, then they are obligated to the remainder of his contract.

So, we can look forward to an offseason full of headlines surrounding McNabb, especially with Brett Favre set to permanently retire.

I doubt the Redskins would flat out waive McNabb, but if they did the Vikings going after him seems like a no-brainer scenario, especially if Brad Childress is still at the helm.
    Are you still pushing to get Haynesworth on this team? That guy takes more plays off than Moss.

tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Don't worry my friends.

........snicker........

On a side note......

Are you still pushing to get Haynesworth on this team? That guy takes more plays off than Moss.
    Naw, thats why I had the .....snicker.... in there.

I do think we need to look to a Vet DT that can play the 0 technique.

I haven't done any research, but I want them to get back to finding talent that fits the scheme that are coming off thier first contract and to use a top pick on a DT in this years draft.

Going into next year we should look like this in the middle...

DT - K-dub - Guion
    NT - Vet - Rook

....with a mind to keeping either JK or Evans as depth.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Don't worry my friends.

........snicker........

On a side note......

I haven't done any research, but I want them to get back to finding talent that fits the scheme that are coming off thier first contract and to use a top pick on a DT in this years draft.

DT - K-dub - Guion
    NT - Vet - Rook

This is assuming the same coaching staff stays in tact with the same schemes, which might be a bit of a stretch at this point.

If so, I would agree that this should be an area of focus. Just not crazy about Haynesworth. He has a long way to go to get to his old self. Don't know if his head will allow it.

tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Don't worry my friends.

........snicker........

On a side note......

DT - K-dub - Guion
    NT - Vet - Rook

This is assuming the same coaching staff stays in tact with the same schemes, which might be a bit of a stretch at this point.

If so, I would agree that this should be an area of focus. Just not crazy about Haynesworth. He has a long way to go to get to his old self. Don't know if his head will allow it.
    Guess what, I am of the mind that the only reason the Chiller hasn't been fired is because he has something he is holding over the Ownership group.

That something is that he wanted to go with TJ this year.

I am 100% convinced that based on the Noodles play, he can now tell the owner, "I told you so" and that is what allowed him to evade getting fired over the PatsRandy shitcanning.

No other way to explain it.

purpledoom is offline Starter

Marrdro wrote:
    Don't worry my friends.

........snicker........

On a side note......

Just say "no" to Mcnabb. You can see how great he's been this year in DC. I wonder what the reasoning is going to be now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345