Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: Why the Vikings Should Have Pursued Donovan McNabb

NodakPaul wrote:
    I really don't think that many teams are going to use the constant pressure approach that the Saints did. Yeah, it got to Favre occasionally, but it also allowed him to pick apart the defense and move the ball fairly steadily and put up 28 points. The only reason it wasn't more is because we couldn't hold on to the damn ball. Not very many teams are going to be able to score enough against MN to make that strategy successful.
    I agree with that. The Saints got to him with several late hits that should have been penalties. Turnovers are what beat us in that game. We out played the Saints. I am sure adjustments will be made to deal with the outside rush this year.

WWBGD

swardsooner is offline Rookie

One's Alabama...one's West Alabama. Show a little knowledge.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NodakPaul wrote:
    Meh.

Hindsight is often confused with wisdom. Even if Favre doesn't come back (I still think he is), I don't think that going after cNabb would have been worth it at the time. You trade for McNabb and Favre definately doesn't play for the Vikings in 2010. IMHO 1 year of Favre gives us a better chance of making the superbowl than 5 years of McNabb.
    What happened to last year? Seems that was a chance that actually took place. :huh:

I wonder what Dnabb would have done on that "Last play"? My guess, he wouldn't have thrown across his body to a covered reciever. :silly:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

so-cal vike wrote:
    That's right. Without the great and illustrious ego the Vikings can't possibly get to or win the Super Bowl. Though they couldn't do it with him either so... :unsure:
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAH.

I love this post. Top shelf my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Meh.

Hindsight is often confused with wisdom. Even if Favre doesn't come back (I still think he is), I don't think that going after cNabb would have been worth it at the time. You trade for McNabb and Favre definately doesn't play for the Vikings in 2010. IMHO 1 year of Favre gives us a better chance of making the superbowl than 5 years of McNabb.
    What happened to last year? Seems that was a chance that actually took place. :huh:

I wonder what Dnabb would have done on that "Last play"? My guess, he wouldn't have thrown across his body to a covered reciever. :silly:
    My guess is that he never even gets to that play. I wonder what McNabb would have done in the 49er game? My quess is lose.

Marrdro wrote:
    so-cal vike wrote:
    That's right. Without the great and illustrious ego the Vikings can't possibly get to or win the Super Bowl. Though they couldn't do it with him either so... :unsure:
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAH.

I love this post. Top shelf my friend.
    Yawn..........................more like bottom self

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Meh.

My guess is that he never even gets to that play. I wonder what McNabb would have done in the 49er game? My quess is lose.
    Orrrrrr, we might not have been in the "Do or Die" position we were in.

By the way, how the hell do you know, from my understanding you left, probably because you thought all was lost because of the teams play, including the NOODLE. .....snicker..... :silly:

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Meh.

By the way, how the hell do you know, from my understanding you left, probably because you thought all was lost because of the teams play, including the NOODLE. .....snicker..... :silly:
    I had other issues to take care of. At least I was there.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Meh.

I had other issues to take care of. At least I was there.
    At least until you thought all was lost.

Comeon my friend, you know it, I know it, hell, even Z knows it.

You gave up and left. I have never left one game I've been to and I've never turned the channel, even with the Noodle under center. :P

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Meh.

My guess is that he would puking in the huddle in the 4th quarter after he got a beating by the saints d from the questionable hits :silly:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast