Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Why the Vikings Deserved it

12... 12... how many of those were "Super"... Only three last time i checked... While three is bigger than zero, don't go boasting your "12" We count superbowls here.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GreenBaySlackers

12... 12... how many of those were "Super"... Only three last time i checked... While three is bigger than zero, don't go boasting your "12" We count superbowls here.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

One thing I love abut Vikings fans they can always be counted on to act stupid. How else do you suppose I could talk so many of your lucious young female Vikings out of their clothing when I was in Minnesota?

Think this all the way through. If you take just the Superbowl years we're 3-34 or so, and you're still 0-34. 3 for 34, considering once that era began there were about 26 teams in the league is pretty damn good. 0-34 would be considered absolutely pathetic considering there are teams that came into the league since then who managed to win a title.
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

The packers have a better offense than the Vikings??? Wow, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in this forum. All you have to do is look at the numbers and watch the games to see who has the best O. Frozen Tundra, please stay off our forum if all you are going to do is say things to stir up trouble.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

vikingfan is offline Waterboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Frozen Tundran

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bleedpurple

Frozen Tundra, don't be coming on here talking all that silky smooth nice stuff to us...Your the enemy =) "Cheese heads look silly" Everything Packer fans do is silly! Gimme a break! You root for the Pack how silly is that? And what kind of name is the Packers? Where are yall going? The way your post your words, I'm thinking your getting a little soft of the purple and gold....You know what's up!!!....I know your starting to see the light! Especially since you want to root for a winner because the Pack are going to be terrible next year....Favre is getting old very quickly...ok receivers, the running game is good, but Green fumbles more than Daunte and your defense is tretched...Not to mention that your cap strapped and have no dough, little to no dough, sell a bunch of tickets and still owe dough...We gonna win the division and the next 4 though...Gonna beat up the pack twice like a $2 H_'....So.....Why you on here tryin to make friends, you the rival, go back to "Get-Packed-land twinkles toes we busy! Yall season was over before it started.....So stop tryin to kick knowledge...Believe me son! I hate to tell you this just as much as you hate to hear it...So no hard feelin's...My advice to you...Start writing invitations for the superbowl...that way you can invite Ahman and brett along with the other Packers...to watch us on TV..playing in January....Popcorn's on me!!!lol

Sike let me stop!!! I couldn't help myself!

Gouda anyone?????

Heh, heh, heh "...with the hope that springs eternal from within the human heart" the Vikings go into their 45th campaign looking for something to finally fill that empty trophy case of theirs. How sad, 45 years without a championship--and it's not like they weren't close either.

Of course Green fumbles more than Fatkid, he's a running back. However, he doesn't fumble all that much in reality, as Jim Taylor found out to his chagrin when he brought that up. He also didn't fumble at all once he got rid of that slick armpad of his.

I think you're missing the point on the salary cap, the Packers will always be in contention because we *do* spend the money in our cap. There's no advantage whatsoever to having space on the books if it's never used. As the Packers are dedicated to winning and care nothing for profits, we spend what it takes to get the best possible players; if we're not spending it right away it's simply to avoid logjams future years or to save for a Diety like Reggie White. It's only cheap owners that try to make profits who run their team 20 mil under their cap. I suppose if the Vikings had the income and revenue generated from being one of the premire NFL franchises they could make profits and spend money both, but they can't because they always leave a bad taste in the mouth of Minnesota--don't they? [}]

Here's something I found on the intro to a Packer website. I do believe it explains the difference between our two franchises quite succinctly:

*with arrogance oozing from every word*

You play on carpet.
    We play on grass.

You thirst for your first championship.
    We've won twelve.

You're big city crime.
    We're small town values.

You hate your rich, dumb owner.
    We ARE the owner.

You're an expansion team.
    We were founded in 1919.

Your franchise is on the next train out of town.
    Ours will be here forever.

We're the Green Bay Packers.
    You're just... another team.

Hey Frozen

With arrogance oozing from my every word.

Packer fans are arrogant.
    Need I say more.

We have a life outside of football.(other sports)
    Packers are all you got.

We're big city.
    Most of your small townies have migrated to Minnesota for a better standard of living.

We have Packer fans on our fan forums.
    Not enough intelligent conversation on your forums?

You team will be there forever.
    You can keep them.

We have a kool emblem.
    You have a silly G on the side of your helmet.

You have a drug addict for a QB.
    Need I say more?

You have twelve championships.
    Three of them were not championship games (record only).

We lost on a 4th and 25.
    You lost on a 4th and 26.

Later

My favorite team on any given Sunday is the Vikings and who every plays the Packers.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

You forgot to add:

We are improving
    You are declining (look at the win/loss over the past couple years)

We are young
    you are old

nuff said.

As far as you having more points...where were those points against the Eagles? All I know is we have immeasurably more balance in our offensive talent than you do. We are great at running, passing, you name it. The packers are getting more and more 1 dimensional with Farve declining, which will invariably hurt the record next year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Shutup Vikes will be champs nextyear

Hey Frozen

With arrogance oozing from my every word.

Packer fans are arrogant.
    Need I say more.

Like Dizzy Dean once said: "It ain't braggin' if you can do it. Besides, we've something to be proud of. You see, hereabouts noticing we're the NFL's most prolific champion and most storied franchise is simply obvious.

Outside the confines of decency, namely Minnesota and beyond, that might be regarded as arrogance, but we think it's simply being honest and upfront.

I guess it's just too bad for you that you suck compared to us. That's not our fault....

>We have a life outside of football.(other sports)
    Packers are all you got.<

What other sports really count?

>We're big city.
    Most of your small townies have migrated to Minnesota for a better standard of living.<

I'm guessing you're not familiar with the latest socio-economic data on urban migration.....

>We have Packer fans on our fan forums.
    Not enough intelligent conversation on your forums?<

The term you're looking for is 'Blessed by Packer Fans on your Forum.'
    *grin*

<You team will be there forever.
    You can keep them.<

You can rest assured of that. BTW, did you know that if the Vikings were to win three Championships every decade it would be forty years before they matched the Packers? That is, in the unlikely event the Pack never won another one?

>We have a kool emblem.<

Yah, you do. You almost compete there.

>You have a silly G on the side of your helmet.<

That's known as a 'Stylin' G' and it's very cool too, thank you.

>You have a drug addict for a QB.
    Need I say more?<

I don't get into that. I'm not gonna disparage the Vikings or their players for their possible, probable or proven difficulties in this area. Favre was an NFL QB playing every single game and taking an unholy number of nasty knocks, you shoulda seen him back then, he refused to give up or slide. I don't doubt he much preferred being comfortably numb on Vicodin than not being able to sleep because of all the pain. It was perfectly legal and he 'fessed up when it was obvious to him there was a problem, he didn't get 'caught'.

By the same token I could care less about Randy Moss getting busted for smoking doobage in college. I was a Navy vet who never did anything and I had some fun in college too. Didn't everybody? That's the fun of being young.

>You have twelve championships.
    Three of them were not championship games (record only)<

Pedantry does not become you. We weren't the rules masters, we just were the best. It wasn't up to us to decide just how the prize was determined, we just won it. Honestly we probably would have preferred a mid-winter game in Green Bay, more money for the hat we passed and utter humiliation for whichever wimpy Eastern team we waxed.

>We lost on a 4th and 25.
    You lost on a 4th and 26.<

LOL! Good one :-)

We didn't lose on 4th and 26 though, we lost on 4th and 1.

That's what my sig is about.

To win or lose it all. "

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Frozen Tundran

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ItalianStallion

Tundra it is funny that you seem to think you have the best offense in the NFC, especially when the vikings have the best offense in the league. You don't even have the best offense or defense in the DIVISION. Chicago probably has the best D right now with GB and Minnesota a close second. YOu guys got lucky as hell last year, what makes you think you can do it again, when the vikings have a better team than last year and the PAckers are slightly worse?

Actually now we don't play on carpet. As far as you owning the team, the second the fans get a say in decision making or get some sort of monetary return on their "investment", then you can make that claim. The fact that you are so proud of being founded almost 75 years ago, with your 12 "championships" only goes to show how deeply entrenched in the past Packer fans seem to be and how unable they are to come to terms with their bleak future.

We do have the best offense in the NFC. Yours might be second. Last year you had a few more yards/game than the Pack, but we had more points. I'd rather have the points, you can keep the yards. Like the Wams, you play indoors under controlled temperatures out of the elements where more points are generally scored. The Packers play half their home games in the freezing cold where the Gods can toy with you and where point totals are usually depressed.

Actually we got unlucky more often last year than not. The Packers Margin of Spank was 135 points--highest in the NFC, and we needed an Act of God to get in the playoffs. We *underperformed* last year.

Yes, the fans do own the team. Not the State, not the city, but the fans. And we set it up deliberately so there could never be a return on the investment, and if there were any they'd go to a local VFW post. We love our Packers, we willingly contributed all through the years, moistly privately, but with some pulic aid. [chug]

I don't think there's anything funnier than a Viking Fan trying to compare trophy cases with a Packer Fan. So, we're 12-75, how can 0-45 be more impressive? [)]

Well im hoping you guys underperform again and this time not make the playoffs and get swept by us. Then you know you are really underperforming.[]
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    Well im hoping you guys underperform again and this time not make the playoffs and get swept by us. Then you know you are really underperforming.[]

Let's hope we get our home game against you when it belongs--late in the season as God intended the Packers play the Vikes. Week seventeen is best. None of this opening day nonsense when it's 80 degrees and balmy.

No....next year let's hope for temperatures on the field not unlike theat of the surface of the moon, like the end of the Ice Bowl when it was sixty below windchill. When they cart you all of the field after your loss that guarantees us home field through the playoffs, you can look forward to the fact that if you're good little Vikings and win your wild card game, you get to come back to the Ice Mansion for another eternity of pain.

I have a dream.
    To win or lose it all. "

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

it's just that a dream. You act like minnesota isn't right next to Greenbay. It's cold there too. I know we play in a dome but I don't think tempature would be an issue for us....If it's Miami or Tampa bay that's a different story. Half there players have never seen snow!

And besides, by week 17 GB will be so far behind us inthe division race that our starters won't be playing that game anyway. we'll be resting our bodies going into a bye week!!!

SKOL..vikes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast