Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eelpout72 is offline Starter

Why the Vikings Deserved it

Ive lived mostly in MN but have lived on the west coast for a few years and now am living on the east coast. For the most part, compared to NY, MA, CA, NJ etc., people from MN and WI arent too different.

However, for some reason whenever there is a packer or viking game on (or worse when they are playing each other), packer fans always seem to become obnoxious, whining a$$holes. I think that it has something to do with that friggin cheese foam hat that they wear which leaches residual stryene and benzene that is then absorbed by their brains.

Frozen Tundran, you dont seem that annoying and you seem fairly intelligent for a pack fan (i.e., you use words that have more than 4 letters)....what do you think of my theory? []

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by webmaster

Bread and water, man? I'm talking eat some dirt, pack fan. Umm, I mean if you get crazy like the other crappy-sconnie-beer yaps that stop by. However, I see you have an eloquent way to make your point and I respect that.

Fact remains: the Packers are on the slide and when lil' #4 rolls out back to his bayou roots you will all be crying for the next 20 years. Majik anyone? Any saviors in GB? I think the great deity has passed (for many INTs!). But who I am to say anything? Gimme a beer: [ch] and we can hang.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[chug]

Beer tolls! I like! Reminds me of my college days at UMD.

Heh, I see you Vikings fans are as delusional as ever. Latest news is Favre will play 3-4 more years, thus you won't be winning the North anytime soon. We've the best offense in the NFC and our defense will solidify next year. We're going to the Superbowl our idiot coach denied us last year.

Besides, when Favre does finally hang up his rings, we'll just come up for another one. The Packers have discovered or developed more QBs than just Favre the past dozen years, we also had Aaron Brooks and, Mark Brunell, along with lesser lights like Ty Detmer who took teams to the playoffs.

We'll find a QB; as you might have learned from the Hadl debacle, the Packer organization will do *anything* to have a real QB. Going back in time to guys like Arnie Herber you've likely never heard of, the Packers have been able to come up with a top QB given a little time. When we were horrific in the Fifties, we still had Tobin Rote who was one of the top guys in the league. Hell, if you'd have put Lynn Dickey behind the Miami line he'd have been Dan Marino.
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Ha! The only way Green Bay can win the SB next year is if Farve goes back on the pain pills! But honestly I do remember the Bart Starr era for GB and I did watch the game Played on the "frozen tundra" that was later called a Super Bowl.(on tv of course)
    can we clone Bud Grant?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by eelpout72

Ive lived mostly in MN but have lived on the west coast for a few years and now am living on the east coast. For the most part, compared to NY, MA, CA, NJ etc., people from MN and WI arent too different.

However, for some reason whenever there is a packer or viking game on (or worse when they are playing each other), packer fans always seem to become obnoxious, whining a$$holes. I think that it has something to do with that friggin cheese foam hat that they wear which leaches residual stryene and benzene that is then absorbed by their brains.

Frozen Tundran, you dont seem that annoying and you seem fairly intelligent for a pack fan (i.e., you use words that have more than 4 letters)....what do you think of my theory? []

Very true, the people of Wisconsin and Minnesota, despite all the agitprop generated on Packer/Viking Sundays, are indeed very similar. The frontier opened at roughly the same time for both our states, and were heavily dominated by Gernam, Scandinavian and Irish settlers after the universal agitation in Europe in the Mid-Nineteeth Century. They became the 'Prairie populists' who founded or flooded Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Dakotas.

Oh, and I eat cheese, I don't put in on my head. Privately I think those look damned silly too. Though I've been known to paint my face green and gold and think that looks absolutely smashing.
    To win or lose it all. "

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Frozen Tundra, don't be coming on here talking all that silky smooth nice stuff to us...Your the enemy =) "Cheese heads look silly" Everything Packer fans do is silly! Gimme a break! You root for the Pack how silly is that? And what kind of name is the Packers? Where are yall going? The way your post your words, I'm thinking your getting a little soft of the purple and gold....You know what's up!!!....I know your starting to see the light! Especially since you want to root for a winner because the Pack are going to be terrible next year....Favre is getting old very quickly...ok receivers, the running game is good, but Green fumbles more than Daunte and your defense is tretched...Not to mention that your cap strapped and have no dough, little to no dough, sell a bunch of tickets and still owe dough...We gonna win the division and the next 4 though...Gonna beat up the pack twice like a $2 H_'....So.....Why you on here tryin to make friends, you the rival, go back to "Get-Packed-land twinkles toes we busy! Yall season was over before it started.....So stop tryin to kick knowledge...Believe me son! I hate to tell you this just as much as you hate to hear it...So no hard feelin's...My advice to you...Start writing invitations for the superbowl...that way you can invite Ahman and brett along with the other Packers...to watch us on TV..playing in January....Popcorn's on me!!!lol

Sike let me stop!!! I couldn't help myself!

Gouda anyone?????

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bleedpurple

Frozen Tundra, don't be coming on here talking all that silky smooth nice stuff to us...Your the enemy =) "Cheese heads look silly" Everything Packer fans do is silly! Gimme a break! You root for the Pack how silly is that? And what kind of name is the Packers? Where are yall going? The way your post your words, I'm thinking your getting a little soft of the purple and gold....You know what's up!!!....I know your starting to see the light! Especially since you want to root for a winner because the Pack are going to be terrible next year....Favre is getting old very quickly...ok receivers, the running game is good, but Green fumbles more than Daunte and your defense is tretched...Not to mention that your cap strapped and have no dough, little to no dough, sell a bunch of tickets and still owe dough...We gonna win the division and the next 4 though...Gonna beat up the pack twice like a $2 H_'....So.....Why you on here tryin to make friends, you the rival, go back to "Get-Packed-land twinkles toes we busy! Yall season was over before it started.....So stop tryin to kick knowledge...Believe me son! I hate to tell you this just as much as you hate to hear it...So no hard feelin's...My advice to you...Start writing invitations for the superbowl...that way you can invite Ahman and brett along with the other Packers...to watch us on TV..playing in January....Popcorn's on me!!!lol

Sike let me stop!!! I couldn't help myself!

Gouda anyone?????

Heh, heh, heh "...with the hope that springs eternal from within the human heart" the Vikings go into their 45th campaign looking for something to finally fill that empty trophy case of theirs. How sad, 45 years without a championship--and it's not like they weren't close either.

Of course Green fumbles more than Fatkid, he's a running back. However, he doesn't fumble all that much in reality, as Jim Taylor found out to his chagrin when he brought that up. He also didn't fumble at all once he got rid of that slick armpad of his.

I think you're missing the point on the salary cap, the Packers will always be in contention because we *do* spend the money in our cap. There's no advantage whatsoever to having space on the books if it's never used. As the Packers are dedicated to winning and care nothing for profits, we spend what it takes to get the best possible players; if we're not spending it right away it's simply to avoid logjams future years or to save for a Diety like Reggie White. It's only cheap owners that try to make profits who run their team 20 mil under their cap. I suppose if the Vikings had the income and revenue generated from being one of the premire NFL franchises they could make profits and spend money both, but they can't because they always leave a bad taste in the mouth of Minnesota--don't they? [}]

Here's something I found on the intro to a Packer website. I do believe it explains the difference between our two franchises quite succinctly:

*with arrogance oozing from every word*

You play on carpet.
    We play on grass.

You thirst for your first championship.
    We've won twelve.

You're big city crime.
    We're small town values.

You hate your rich, dumb owner.
    We ARE the owner.

You're an expansion team.
    We were founded in 1919.

Your franchise is on the next train out of town.
    Ours will be here forever.

We're the Green Bay Packers.
    You're just... another team.
    To win or lose it all. "

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Tundra it is funny that you seem to think you have the best offense in the NFC, especially when the vikings have the best offense in the league. You don't even have the best offense or defense in the DIVISION. Chicago probably has the best D right now with GB and Minnesota a close second. YOu guys got lucky as hell last year, what makes you think you can do it again, when the vikings have a better team than last year and the PAckers are slightly worse?

Actually now we don't play on carpet. As far as you owning the team, the second the fans get a say in decision making or get some sort of monetary return on their "investment", then you can make that claim. The fact that you are so proud of being founded almost 75 years ago, with your 12 "championships" only goes to show how deeply entrenched in the past Packer fans seem to be and how unable they are to come to terms with their bleak future.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

First off, you have a tight cap but no where near the best players......For some reason, I have no idea how the Get-Packed-ers won this last year....You all don't do anything particularily well...Just have a QB(who I might add is amazing) who wills you guys to win....Your talent depleted and from the looks of it have much to be desired and will be looking from the bottom up in the 2004/2005 campaign....

I can state an unbiased opinion.....YOU GUYS WON"T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR!!!!
    and in the words of Jim Mora..a famous Quote that Packer fans will be saying come December...

"Playoff's? Playoff's?....."

Well said I/S

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ItalianStallion

Tundra it is funny that you seem to think you have the best offense in the NFC, especially when the vikings have the best offense in the league. You don't even have the best offense or defense in the DIVISION. Chicago probably has the best D right now with GB and Minnesota a close second. YOu guys got lucky as hell last year, what makes you think you can do it again, when the vikings have a better team than last year and the PAckers are slightly worse?

Actually now we don't play on carpet. As far as you owning the team, the second the fans get a say in decision making or get some sort of monetary return on their "investment", then you can make that claim. The fact that you are so proud of being founded almost 75 years ago, with your 12 "championships" only goes to show how deeply entrenched in the past Packer fans seem to be and how unable they are to come to terms with their bleak future.

We do have the best offense in the NFC. Yours might be second. Last year you had a few more yards/game than the Pack, but we had more points. I'd rather have the points, you can keep the yards. Like the Wams, you play indoors under controlled temperatures out of the elements where more points are generally scored. The Packers play half their home games in the freezing cold where the Gods can toy with you and where point totals are usually depressed.

Actually we got unlucky more often last year than not. The Packers Margin of Spank was 135 points--highest in the NFC, and we needed an Act of God to get in the playoffs. We *underperformed* last year.

Yes, the fans do own the team. Not the State, not the city, but the fans. And we set it up deliberately so there could never be a return on the investment, and if there were any they'd go to a local VFW post. We love our Packers, we willingly contributed all through the years, moistly privately, but with some pulic aid. [chug]

I don't think there's anything funnier than a Viking Fan trying to compare trophy cases with a Packer Fan. So, we're 12-75, how can 0-45 be more impressive? [)]
    To win or lose it all. "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast