Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Why the Vikings are in Danger of Overworking Adrian Peterson

yeah i agree we are in danger of overworking him, but this so obvious to me.

i understand that many teams use a two back system to help keep their backs fresh, but i honestly think the peterson can carry the load throughout his career- IF we can just find a QB.

we can't continue to use him at this rate while having the 25th best passing attack in the NFL. that HAS to change.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    With an uncapped season approaching in 2010, what are the odds that Chester Taylor will remain a Viking?
    I hope the addition of Farve, and the wildcat plays will hold Adrian's rushing attempts down to under 350. Get Chester more carries, so we don't burn AD out. That said, it's in AD's nature to want to tote the rock, we just have to find a happy median, to keep him fresh and healthy for years to come. I want Adrian to be the best of all time, so we have to split carries between him and CT. About 325/150, AP/CT, would do the trick keeping both guys in the game and getting AD the rushes he needs to help us win. Hopefully we get a collective bargaining agreement, and resign CT to finish his carrer a Viking.
    The minute we lose a game when AD gets less carries because of plays for Harvin & CT, fans will be complaining he didn't get enough carries.
    You mean like the playoff game last year?

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    With an uncapped season approaching in 2010, what are the odds that Chester Taylor will remain a Viking?
    I hope the addition of Farve, and the wildcat plays will hold Adrian's rushing attempts down to under 350. Get Chester more carries, so we don't burn AD out. That said, it's in AD's nature to want to tote the rock, we just have to find a happy median, to keep him fresh and healthy for years to come. I want Adrian to be the best of all time, so we have to split carries between him and CT. About 325/150, AP/CT, would do the trick keeping both guys in the game and getting AD the rushes he needs to help us win. Hopefully we get a collective bargaining agreement, and resign CT to finish his carrer a Viking.
    The minute we lose a game when AD gets less carries because of plays for Harvin & CT, fans will be complaining he didn't get enough carries.
    no, that's not what he means.

we lost that game because jackson threw a pick 6 at the most critical point of the game.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    No, I mean again this year. The past two years there were complaints of AD not getting the rock enough.

Especially with Favre throwing the ball.

They can't blame TJ & they more than likely certainly won't blame Brett "God" Favre.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    No, I mean again this year. The past two years there were complaints of AD not getting the rock enough.

They can't blame TJ & they more than likely certainly won't blame Brett "God" Favre.
    Whose 'they'? The Viking fans that disagree with you? The group that think TJ was conspiring to keep the ball away from AD?

It seems like too often on these forums people create (in their head) a massive group of organized haters so they can frown upon everyone else, but those who agree with them.

I think for the most part everyone realizes why CT is in on 3rd downs, some contest that we need AD in the game when we're behind, and that may be a fair statement. Neither opinion is so bad we need to be forewarned months in advance. I look forward to actually having this discussion in say September or October, when your hypothetical comes true.

Besides, when we lose, nearly everything we did in that game will be discussed in a 20+ page thread.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Are you serious?!?!?!?
    You think Favre is going to come in here and have carte blanche freedom to screw up without getting hammered?
    I thought you were more in touch than that.

If Favre comes here, the level of expectation SKYROCKETS.
    If Favre falters even a little bit, the fans will turn on him IMMEDIATELY.

This isn't Green Bay.
    He's not rescuing us from several decades of horrible teams and being the laughingstock of the NFL.
    He won't have any room for error...in fact, he'll have much less than Jackson has had - season after season.

If anyone would get a pass from the fans it's Jackson.
    His play has been so lackluster that more of the same will now be expected.
    Anything beyond mediocrity that he delivers will be hailed as a miracle, and the cheers will resound throughout the Dome.

But Favre?
    He'll have to deliver perfection or face the wrath of every Jackson supporter (All 6 of you) and the host of unrealistic fans who think he guarantees us a Superbowl.

Caine

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=52325.msg966080#msg966080 date=1246796217]

Are you serious?!?!?!?
    You think Favre is going to come in here and have carte blanche freedom to screw up without getting hammered?

This isn't Green Bay.
    He's not rescuing us from several decades of horrible teams and being the laughingstock of the NFL.
    He won't have any room for error...in fact, he'll have much less than Jackson has had - season after season.

Anything beyond mediocrity that he delivers will be hailed as a miracle, and the cheers will resound throughout the Dome.

But Favre?
    He'll have to deliver perfection or face the wrath of every Jackson supporter (All 6 of you) and the host of unrealistic fans who think he guarantees us a Superbowl.

Caine
    [/quote]

Singer hasn't been in touch since the possibility that Favre could come here.
    He is so blinded with hate lately, a hot chick could be in his bed waiting for him, and he'd still jerk off...

LMAO
    ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"Caine" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Are you serious?!?!?!?

This isn't Green Bay.

But Favre?
    He'll have to deliver perfection or face the wrath of every Jackson supporter [size=12pt](All 6 of you)[/size] and the host of unrealistic fans who think he guarantees us a Superbowl.

Caine
    [/quote]

LMAO ;D ;D ;D now that was funny

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

we lost that game because jackson threw a pick 6 at the most critical point of the game.
    So mid-2nd quarter is the most critical point of the game and T-Jack lost the game there. But I'm gonna take a wild shot in the dark that you're one of the people that don't blame Shiancoe's late 1st quarter drop against the Colts for losing that game.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Tad7" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

So mid-2nd quarter is the most critical point of the game and T-Jack lost the game there. But I'm gonna take a wild shot in the dark that you're one of the people that don't blame Shiancoe's late 1st quarter drop against the Colts for losing that game.
    [/quote]

Holy Cats!!!
    Are you STILL trying to beat that drum?

Go read the last few posts of the Jackson thread (starting here:
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=47857.msg965756#msg965756 ) where the silly notion that Shiancoe's dropped pass caused us to lose is completely and thoroughly destroyed.

Caine

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast