Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Why the Vikings are in Danger of Overworking Adrian Peterson

[size=13pt]Why the Vikings are in Danger of Overworking Adrian Peterson[/size]

by Cody Swartz (Senior Writer)
    bleacherreport.com

July 05, 2009

Several months ago, I wrote an article, “The Workhorse Running Back: A Dying Trend in the NFL.”

This piece highlighted the importance of utilizing a two or even three-back system to extend a running back's career, as the Panthers did with Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams last season, or the Ravens with Willis McGahee, Ray Rice, and LeRon McClain....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Why the Vikings are in Danger of Overworking Adrian Peterson

With an uncapped season approaching in 2010, what are the odds that Chester Taylor will remain a Viking?

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    With an uncapped season approaching in 2010, what are the odds that Chester Taylor will remain a Viking?
    I hope the addition of Farve, and the wildcat plays will hold Adrian's rushing attempts down to under 350. Get Chester more carries, so we don't burn AD out. That said, it's in AD's nature to want to tote the rock, we just have to find a happy median, to keep him fresh and healthy for years to come. I want Adrian to be the best of all time, so we have to split carries between him and CT. About 325/150, AP/CT, would do the trick keeping both guys in the game and getting AD the rushes he needs to help us win. Hopefully we get a collective bargaining agreement, and resign CT to finish his carrer a Viking.

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I hope the addition of Farve, and the wildcat plays will hold Adrian's rushing attempts down to under 350. Get Chester more carries, so we don't burn AD out. That said, it's in AD's nature to want to tote the rock, we just have to find a happy median, to keep him fresh and healthy for years to come. I want Adrian to be the best of all time, so we have to split carries between him and CT. About 325/150, AP/CT, would do the trick keeping both guys in the game and getting AD the rushes he needs to help us win. Hopefully we get a collective bargaining agreement, and resign CT to finish his carrer a Viking.
    The minute we lose a game when AD gets less carries because of plays for Harvin & CT, fans will be complaining he didn't get enough carries.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    The minute we lose a game when AD gets less carries because of plays for Harvin & CT, fans will be complaining he didn't get enough carries.
    Fans will always be complaining after a loss, that just a given

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    But what or who they complain about varies.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Exactly why T-Jack should start. Consistent blame
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

"Tad7" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=52325.msg966080#msg966080 date=1246796217]
    Exactly why T-Jack should start. Consistent blame
    [/quote]

to bad your boy tjoke will be riding the bench when favre comes to town, lol

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

This is stupid. Why would he be more overworked this year with Percy then before??

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Reading this article makes me nervous. I want to see AD around for a long long time. I think the best thing we can do is re-sign CT. I just hope he doesn't want starter money.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast