Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I'm not wrong. Again here's my statement you claim is wrong;

You have yet to prove me wrong. Making a team doesn't make you great. Many of those are back ups only that are easily replaceable.

Of all those not with the Vikings anymore from the 2007 to 2010 draft class, how many are still in the league? How many of those are great players? What about McCauley, Allison, Tyrell Johnson, JDB, DeGeare? Great players? Starters at least?
    I just gave you how many a couple of posts ago. Go back, re-read.

As to your GREAT word. Just because a cat makes the team doesn't make him great. Those kindof guys go to the HOF.

Believe it or not, the league is made up of a butt load of players that aren't great my friend. A butt load. Very few are GREAT.

So, if your metric of success for ole Ricky Boy is how many GREAT players does he draft and then keep on the team, I'm gonna have to defer because there is no way in heck I'm going to convince you that he is doing a good job because you won't agree until he has a 53 man roster of GREAT (or HOF) players.

No one can do that old friend.

What he has done is fill the roster with a few potentially GREAT ones and some others that, "To use your words" are replaceable.

On a side note, I'm wondering what team out there, in your eyes, is filled with GREAT players.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Are you two secretly married?????
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Are you two secretly married?????
    ....snicker......Nope, just talking football. You ever play spades or bones? Talking ball, playing spades and smacking the bones down. Three things that are done with fervor....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I just gave you how many a couple of posts ago. Go back, re-read.

As to your GREAT word. Just because a cat makes the team doesn't make him great. Those kindof guys go to the HOF.

Believe it or not, the league is made up of a butt load of players that aren't great my friend. A butt load. Very few are GREAT.

So, if your metric of success for ole Ricky Boy is how many GREAT players does he draft and then keep on the team, I'm gonna have to defer because there is no way in heck I'm going to convince you that he is doing a good job because you won't agree until he has a 53 man roster of GREAT (or HOF) players.

No one can do that old friend.

What he has done is fill the roster with a few potentially GREAT ones and some others that, "To use your words" are replaceable.

On a side note, I'm wondering what team out there, in your eyes, is filled with GREAT players.
    Alright Marrdro, put it this way. How many are good enough that we retain them once their rookie contract expires?

A good draft consists of more than just having most of your draft class making the first years cut or seeing those players way down the depth chart on another team a few years later.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Alright Marrdro, put it this way. How many are good enough that we retain them once their rookie contract expires?

A good draft consists of more than just having most of your draft class making the first years cut or seeing those players way down the depth chart on another team a few years later.
    A kid making your roster for is a sign you made a good pick, seeing them on another teams roster is also a sign you made a good pick because in both cases you scouted and drafted a kid that can play at the NFL level.

The later, is an indicator that your FO pukes suck at retaining those players and has nothing to do with the draft pick. Again, unless you want that to be part of your draft criteria (can you retain him after his first contract) it shouldn't matter were the kid plays when it gets right down to it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234