Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Why Tahi on our roster? 9 offensive lineman? Tank Williams over Greg Blue?

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    "KevinK" wrote:
    Im really surprised that we let go of Fason and Pinner.
    I mean I may be ignorant but I dont even know who Tahi is!
    Rookie lineman on team who are undrafted?
    I think the Greg Blue cut will hurt us.
    Tahi can play two positions but better than Fasson or Pinner?
    I find some of the choices odd.
    Please educate me because I feel stupid.
    Are these moves viable?
    Oh one more thing...... having the live chat down is hurting me right now.
    Please fix this problem ASAP because I need communication with the true Vikes fans! KevinK
    Chester,Peterson,Moore thats 3 running backs.Do you expect the vikings to keep 5 running backs?Blue wont hurt us because we have 4 starting caliber safeties and he is basically a rookie with 1 start.Live chat is for use during games and wont be available unless a game is on.Use the yell box to the right of your screen.

Make smarter posts plz
    3 RBs is ridiculous. Unless Moore has been subjected to solely a backup role (no carries in a game and only doing PR) I just don't think it will work. Obviously not 5 but a fourth is needed when you consider Taylor wore down and Peterson is coming off injury.

I would guess the plan is to split carries with Moore being the backup, not the third down back. Peterson will take over on 3rd downs. In case of injury, the other back will become the feature back with Moore still backing up, seeing some spell time. It would be easier if we just kept Pinner. If we put someone on IR and sign an RB, I doubt they would be as good as Pinner.

In the end I think more moves are coming. Get ready for the Chili Shuffle.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

We should get Jerheme Urban who was just cut. he returned a kick 95 yrds against for Dallas.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

There must be another RB in mind. Perhaps Whitaker gets cut whenever a new RB is picked up.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I would agree that there must be another RB coming in. Remember the year where we had Bennett/Ontarrio Smith/Mewelde Moore/Moe Williams and there was speculation we would trade one because we had so much depth? As I remember, at one point, all of them were out for a period of time except Moore.

If we're going with only 3, that would mean they are very confident in Peterson's health and Moore's ability as a backup.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"HornedHat" wrote:
    There must be another RB in mind. Perhaps Whitaker gets cut whenever a new RB is picked up.
    Or it could be that Naufahu Tahi is just the fourth string guy and why would we mess up our CB depth when Tahi just beat Fason and Pinner on his own talents.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "HornedHat" wrote:
    Or it could be that Naufahu Tahi is just the fourth string guy and why would we mess up our CB depth when Tahi just beat Fason and Pinner on his own talents.
    But Whitaker is HORRIBLE!!!! We should have kept Edwards! Yeah yeah yeah Edwards only had that one BIG play but that is one more than Whitaker, I know who I'm keeping on my Madden roster! True story here. One time, after band camp, I saw this homless guy with a "Will Work 4 FOOD" sign. So I thought to myself, let's just see how true that is, so I picked him up and we went to Whitaker's house and I told Whitaker "See if you can defend him." It didn't matter if it was a short pass, mid range pass, or a bomb, Whitaker just couldnt keep up.....not once! So after he was done showing Whitaker up I gave the hobo a ham sandwich and a can of lobster juice and sent him on his way. Thinking back on it I should have given Claurette a sandwich for later in that day as well. ;D
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    I think maybe Blue & Edwards could possibly make the practice squad.
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe that Blue or Edwards are eligible for the practice squad (not the Vikings practice squad anyways).
    They both spent too much time on the 53 man roster in the past to qualify for the practice squad.

Now for my two cents worth.

Like most, I am surprised that Whitaker was kept over Edwards.
    All I can say is that the coaches saw a lot more practice and game film this preseason than I did, and I'll have to trust their judgement.
    I assume though that Whitaker is the 5th CB, so other than special teams I wouldn't expect Whitaker to get many snaps in over McCauley or Gordon.

Losing Pinner and Fason is no great shakes to me, although Pinner was at least pretty experienced.
    I think it shows that the coaching staff really believes Tahi can get the job done and it also shows a definite shift to an offense that relies on a lead blocking FB to help open the way for the RB (Taylor or Peterson).
    Tahi has excellent size and versatility; playing for BYU he excelled both at being the lead ballcarrier and catching the ball out of the backfield.
    I liked what I saw from him in the preseason.
    Assuming he is/can be a good lead blocker and blitz pickup guy, I think we will all be pleasantly surprised by Tahi.
    Unless someone goes down to a season ending injury, did anyone really expect that a 4th RB like Pinner or Fason would get any/many carries on this team?
    After Taylor and Peterson do their thing, and Moore gets a few third down scraps, there won't be many more carries to be doled out.

I think the coaching staff is a little concerned about Erasmus James conditioning right now.
    Why else would they have kept 6 DEs (if you count Scott) on the roster?
    Then again, they could also just be preparing for Scott and/or Pat Williams departure after the end of this season.
    It could also be that once the season begins and James gets up to speed, Mitchell will get cut and wind back up on the practice squad.

I was kind of surprised they kept 9 OL, especially with the extras being Daniels and Johnson.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see either or both of these guys cut and signed to the practice squad, only to be replaced by a waiver wire veteran with more experience.
    Kenyatta Walker or Rick DeMulling anyone?

I was perhaps most surprised to see them only going with 5 WRs given the two rookies on the squad.
    At least they will probably keep Martin Nance around on the practice squad, and maybe another name or two as well.
    Losing McMullen doesn't hurt too much, but he seemed fairly reliable to me.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "HornedHat" wrote:
    Great point.
    Wonder how everyone before you missed that Fuad.
    ;D

Throw in the fact (I know I keep saying it) that this version of the WCO will put a beating on the FB especially if we are gonna run as much as everyone thinks were gonna as well as Tahi is capable of filling in as a FB/RB.

Most of the scouting reports on him when he was coming out listed him as a RB who was a hard runner, played faster than he timed as well a being able to catch the ball well out of the backfield.

Read between the lines of Chilly speak when trying to discern moves like this.
    Versatility my friends, versatility.
    This coaching staff loves it when a guy can play/add depth at two positions.

http://cowboys.scout.com/a.z?s=112&p=2&c=650327
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "HornedHat" wrote:
    Great point.
    Wonder how everyone before you missed that Fuad.

;D

Throw in the fact (I know I keep saying it) that this version of the WCO will put a beating on the FB especially if we are gonna run as much as everyone thinks were gonna as well as Tahi is capable of filling in as a FB/RB.

Most of the scouting reports on him when he was coming out listed him as a RB who was a hard runner, played faster than he timed as well a being able to catch the ball well out of the backfield.

Read between the lines of Chilly speak when trying to discern moves like this.
    Versatility my friends, versatility.
    This coaching staff loves it when a guy can play/add depth at two positions.

http://cowboys.scout.com/a.z?s=112&p=2&c=650327
    I agree Marrdro.
    Wrote it in a post a couple of weeks ago.
    I think Tahi is a 10 times better all around fullback than Dugan.
    Actually, I think Dugan is eventually the odd man out.
    That said, I am suprised Pinner got cut.

Tank over Blue?
    Actually, I think Blue nailed it in his post being cut comments...he knew it was gonna be tough for him given the all of the guys in front of him have starting experience.
    Always liked the kid, hopefully we put him on the practice squad.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    "KevinK" wrote:
    Im really surprised that we let go of Fason and Pinner.
    I mean I may be ignorant but I dont even know who Tahi is!
    Rookie lineman on team who are undrafted?
    I think the Greg Blue cut will hurt us.
    Tahi can play two positions but better than Fasson or Pinner?
    I find some of the choices odd.
    Please educate me because I feel stupid.
    Are these moves viable?
    Oh one more thing...... having the live chat down is hurting me right now.
    Please fix this problem ASAP because I need communication with the true Vikes fans! KevinK
    Chester,Peterson,Moore thats 3 running backs.Do you expect the vikings to keep 5 running backs?Blue wont hurt us because we have 4 starting caliber safeties and he is basically a rookie with 1 start.

Live chat is for use during games and wont be available unless a game is on.Use the yell box to the right of your screen.

Make smarter posts plz
    And you would be incorrect!

There is a "CHAT" button on the menu above the threads between "PHOTOS" & "TAGS" that can be used. I was in it yesterday & again this morning.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast