Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    fromos is offline Rookie

Why so few playaction pass plays called?

We've really got just one offensive weapons that scares other teams- Adrian Peterson who is arguably the best running back in the league right now.
    There are times on a first or second down when everybody in the stadium knows it's going to Peterson and the other team's defense put's eight or nine in the box and focuses all eforts on stopping Peterson.
    Doesn't it just make sense to fake a handoff to Peterson and throw to Bobby Wade or Sydney Rice?

Yet this isn't happening for some odd reason.
    Whenever Peterson comes in for a handoff they are expecting a real handoff and don't hold back.
    And instead on almost every passing play they bring Chester Taylor in signalling the opponent to defend our receivers instead because they don't really fear Taylor that much.
    Does Childress fear Peterson's pass blocking capabilities that much?

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Why so few playaction pass plays called?

I agree.
    I was also thinking all game, why not try the fleaflicker?
    Isn't that something you're supposed to run when they're keying on the run?
    I guess the KAO is just to predictable to try something innovative.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Yeah, fleaflicker sounds great!
    And he seemed to take all the fakes out too...with AP attracting the kind of attention he is, we should be able to play action fake very well!
    And, as pointed out earlier, you don't always have to see your RB as a blocker...put AP in the slot, and they'll pull a LB that way, maybe a Safety too, then run the other way.

Funny thing I realized yesterday:
    Last year, the big joke on Chilly was that the only thing on his playcard was, "RUN LEFT."
    Now, seems like we never do that, when it should most likely, still be our bread and butter.
    At this moment, I think we should simplify the offense and go back to basics, and let our boys play.
    Try to make it fun again...put our best blockers in, and sweep left, sweep right, play action fake and get the ball to a WR...one runs a cross, one a slant, someone should be able to get open (not necessarily in that order.)
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"fromos" wrote:
    We've really got just one offensive weapons that scares other teams- Adrian Peterson who is arguably the best running back in the league right now.
    There are times on a first or second down when everybody in the stadium knows it's going to Peterson and the other team's defense put's eight or nine in the box and focuses all eforts on stopping Peterson.
    Doesn't it just make sense to fake a handoff to Peterson and throw to Bobby Wade or Sydney Rice?

Yet this isn't happening for some odd reason.
    Whenever Peterson comes in for a handoff they are expecting a real handoff and don't hold back.
    And instead on almost every passing play they bring Chester Taylor in signalling the opponent to defend our receivers instead because they don't really fear Taylor that much.
    Does Childress fear Peterson's pass blocking capabilities that much?
    Ask it to the bald one.
    El underdog.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

im wondering about where the fuck are the screen passes

Thanks josdin00

VikingQuest83 is offline Training Camp

I agree. Play action is one of the most basic things an offense can and should do. Even the Pats use it to set up the pass when they arent even running.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SKOL" wrote:
    I agree.
    I was also thinking all game, why not try the fleaflicker?
    Isn't that something you're supposed to run when they're keying on the run?
    I guess the KAO is just to predictable to try something innovative.
    You need a lot of time in the backfield to run the flea flicker.
    We don't have that.
    The reason AP gets yards is because of his ability and vision at and beyond the line of scrimmage.
    If we tried a flicker, AP would be hit for a loss of 6-10 damn near every time.

The play action is supposed to keep them honest against the run, as are reverses.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Honestly, let me call the plays just 1 game PLEEEEEEAAAASSEEEEEE!!!!! After 6 games I can even read Childress' playbook. We need to go for big plays, mixed in with the short plays, not just throw the ball 5 yards every time and hope our small recievers (except Rice) will break loose.

We will start winning once Childress realizes that our 2nd best offensive player is Sidney Rice; throw him the d@mn ball more than once a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play action...deep to Troy Williamson on 1st down...try it a coule times.

Quit playing like a bunch of p*ssys!!!

I hope ALL 3 of the QB's on our team are gone next year....Bring on McNabb...he proved against us that he can get 300+ yards with mediocre recievers and our WR's are better than his right now.

*SKOL!*

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"tb04512" wrote:
    im wondering about where the floop are the screen passes
    y dont run screen passes?.... it is just stupid y we dont, they bring 6 guys everytime.... it would be perfect..

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"IBleedPurple11" wrote:
    Honestly, let me call the plays just 1 game PLEEEEEEAAAASSEEEEEE!!!!! After 6 games I can even read Childress' playbook. We need to go for big plays, mixed in with the short plays, not just throw the ball 5 yards every time and hope our small recievers (except Rice) will break loose.

We will start winning once Childress realizes that our 2nd best offensive player is Sidney Rice; throw him the d@mn ball more than once a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play action...deep to Troy Williamson on 1st down...try it a coule times.

Quit playing like a bunch of p*ssys!!!

I hope ALL 3 of the QB's on our team are gone next year....Bring on McNabb...he proved against us that he can get 300+ yards with mediocre recievers and our WR's are better than his right now.
    Hey, I'm all over that.
    Great input.

Of course mind you we would have to send a memo out to the league letting them know that the QB needs a bit more time to get into a 7 step drop, clear passing lanes and of course no jamming the WR's at the line so that the play could develop.

The memo could/should say something along the lines of .......

DE will count 1 Minnesota , 2 Minnesota , 3 Minnesota before the are allowed to rush cause our Tackles are like turnstyles.

Sorry my friend.
    Couldn't resist.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast