Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Sure I am.

If you're rooting for the Vikings to lose, you're not a fan. Accept it.
    Because I want us to win a Super Bowl. Not many people that aren't fans of the Vikings would want that to happen.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Because I want us to win a Super Bowl. Not many people that aren't fans of the Vikings would want that to happen.
    You're not even rooting for the team to win... you're not a fan. Simple. It's not difficult to understand.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Blog Entries
    You're not even rooting for the team to win... you're not a fan. Simple. It's not difficult to understand.
    Ok
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Ok
    Your logic that high draft pick = super bowl is profoundly flawed... ask the Lions how that's worked out for them.

But go ahead and keep rooting for the Vikes to lose and then tell us you're a fan.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

rockymtdan is online now Rookie
    Your logic that high draft pick = super bowl is profoundly flawed... ask the Lions how that's worked out for them.

But go ahead and keep rooting for the Vikes to lose and then tell us you're a fan.
    I do not come here to argue, but as a FAN of the Vikings I (We) can ask to throw in the towel this year in hopes we get the next Andrew Luck. I do not feel I have abandoned my guys (team) quite the the contra, we will come out of this a better team sooner rather then later.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

Blog Entries

That's not my logic at all. But having a higher draft pick would improve our team more than having a lower draft pick. Do you disagree? It helps your team to have the 15th draft pick more than the 1st?

Just because the Lions had bad coaching and didn't draft good players doesn't mean that you're not more likely to get an impact player at 1 overall than at 10 overall. Do I want to be in the top 5 every year to keep getting good draft picks? Fuck no. But when our season is COMPLETELY AND MATHEMATICALLY OVER I have no problem hoping that we get a better draft pick because the only difference between next years team and this years team is the players we draft and get in FA, the coaches, and the players we lose. And I think that losing our coaching staff and drafting a top QB which in turn will bring in better FAs that we want will help us get to the Super Bowl faster than finishing 5-10-1 and drafting the 4th best QB or DT or whatever.

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtdan View Post
    I do not come here to argue, but as a FAN of the Vikings I (We) can ask to throw in the towel this year in hopes we get the next Andrew Luck. I do not feel I have abandoned my guys (team) quite the the contra, we will come out of this a better team sooner rather then later.
    Throwing in the towel is an absurdity that any competitor, player, coach, GM, Owner, or Trainer, regardless of sport, would NEVER SUBSCRIBE TO…EVER. Neither I, nor C Mac D, (props bro) will compromise our Fandome… frankly, this argument is among the most disappointing discussions I can imagine. Conceding in a conflict, game, or competition, is understandable…but, still debatable, depending on culture, tradition, etc. (far too complex to get into here).

Throwing in the towel on a season is absolutely, without question, a concession that NO FAN should ever tolerate. Agreeing to disagree in this regard is fine, however, I will not be one that agrees to disagree…whether it be in my being a fan for the Vikes, but, I will never give up regarding anything…with the exception of this stupid argument.

Skol Vikings… Take BPA and go from there.
    Last edited by MaxVike; 12-10-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I really hate losing seasons because we are reduced to stupid discussions like this.

WWBGD

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    If you're rooting for the Vikings to lose, you're not a Vikings fan. Period.

Tell yourself whatever you have to, but you're not a fan. Get over it.
    I'm going to have to completely agree with CMD on this one. I absolutely love the draft. I get excited for it every year and I even went to the combine this year. But I can't find it in my heart to cheer for a Vikings loss. I'm going to cheer for them every single week no matter what. Which is pretty hilarious because I don't mind my Chicago Bulls tanking at all. Maybe that makes me less of a Bulls fan? Or more of a crazy Vikings fan that makes no sense? But I'm going to cheer for a win every sunday regardless. It's just not in my DNA to do otherwise. ever. The difference for me is that it makes the losses easier to deal with. Knowing that each loss is going towards a good pick. But cheering for a loss seems like bad Karma anyways. I for one have loved the heart they've showed the past couple weeks. Not good enough for anyone to keep their jobs, but it gives us some hope for the future. I would despise being a Texans or Falcons fan watching my team completely give up, knowing full well that we are capable of at least competing. Not trying to say anyone is less of a fan for wanting to tank, but I personally will not be joining you.
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 12-11-2013 at 03:10 AM.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    History tells us that consistently successful franchises have better talent evaluation and coaching than those who aren't successful.
    I hope for someone who can find talent no matter where they pick in the draft.
    Hoping for losses to get a better pick is a personal choice that is understandable for a fan base longing for a franchise QB.
    But a better pick doesn't often equal or insure success.
    I don't want any players coming back next year with a comfort for losing.
    New coaches and better player acquisition skills could turn this team around in short order if the right people are hired to do the job; regardless of where the Vikings pick in the draft.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast