Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    If you're rooting for the Vikings to lose, you're not a Vikings fan. Period.

Tell yourself whatever you have to, but you're not a fan. Get over it.
    I was really trying, pushing myself to root against them today. I want the better pick, I know these wins are pointless. But no matter how hard I try I can't help but get excited when they score . This was one of the most exciting games we'll ever see, at least the final 90 seconds, and I really enjoyed it. When Patterson made that defender fall down just by changing direction I lost it, that was great.

Honestly, I'm not upset that they lost, but I can't say I wouldn't be happy with a win. It's a strange spot to be in as a fan.

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I was really trying, pushing myself to root against them today. I want the better pick, I know these wins are pointless. But no matter how hard I try I can't help but get excited when they score . This was one of the most exciting games we'll ever see, at least the final 90 seconds, and I really enjoyed it. When Patterson made that defender fall down just by changing direction I lost it, that was great.

Honestly, I'm not upset that they lost, but I can't say I wouldn't be happy with a win. It's a strange spot to be in as a fan.
    6 TDs in the 4th quarter, 5 of them in the last 2:05 of the game.

FOURTH QUARTER MIN BAL
    TD 14:22 Jerome Simpson 8 Yd Pass From Matt Cassel (Two-Point Pass Conversion Failed) 12 7
    TD 02:05 Dennis Pitta 1 Yd Pass From Joe Flacco (Joe Flacco Pass To Torrey Smith For Two-Point Conversion) 12 15
    TD 01:27 Toby Gerhart 41 Yd Run (Blair Walsh Kick) 19 15
    TD 01:16 Jacoby Jones 77 Yd Kickoff Return (Justin Tucker Kick) 19 22
    TD 00:45 Cordarrelle Patterson 79 Yd Pass From Matt Cassel (Blair Walsh Kick) 26 22
    TD 00:04 Marlon Brown 9 Yd Pass From Joe Flacco (Justin Tucker Kick) 26 29

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    If I was going to try to relate this to religion, I would say that we don't get to chose whether our team wins or loses. The creator is in control.
    The creator wears black & white stripped shirts & has a whistle?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    If you're rooting for the Vikings to lose, you're not a Vikings fan. Period.

Tell yourself whatever you have to, but you're not a fan. Get over it.
    I don't think you're qualified to comment on whether I'm a fan or not. Because I know damn straight I'll be as happy as anyone else when the Vikings finally win a Super Bowl.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    I don't think you're qualified to comment on whether I'm a fan or not. Because I know damn straight I'll be as happy as anyone else when the Vikings finally win a Super Bowl.
    Sure I am.

If you're rooting for the Vikings to lose, you're not a fan. Accept it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The creator wears black & white stripped shirts & has a whistle?

WWBGD

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Singersp is right on the money.. Watch the games and TELL me that the zebras do not control every aspect of the game unlike any other sport.. My God, people talk about turnovers being the differnce maker.. Bullshit, the zebras make what amounts to a turnover call every other minute in an NFL game. Go through a game and watch how many calls affect the scoring or taking of scores away

You will be amazed at how much these guys imapct the game all the way through.. It's boders on insame how much power they have..
    Yes people look at calls at the end of games but PA LEASE... WATCH THE REST OF THE GAME AND THE PHONY CALLS, AND THE PHONY RULINGS... THEY ABSOLUTELY DECIDE THE WINNER WITH THEIR BAD GAMES.... AND EVEN SOME GOOD ONES BY THEIR STANDARDS.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Do you really think they call interference on that pass that was picked by Sendejo in the last minute if it's the other way around and it's a Baltimore defender. pffft

How bout the Browns? Talk about getting jobbed.. You think they make that call against Christian Ponder instead of Tom Brady.... pfffft

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Nah, I'm not buying into the losing mentality. If you're rooting for your football team to lose, you need to reassess your fandom... quick.

These guys are busting their ass out their for the purple and gold. I'll be damned if I'm gonna root for these guys to lose. If you do, you should be ashamed of yourself.
    I have no shame
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Pass Interference is as big as a turnover in certain situations. Teams are going deep hoping that PI is called. To be fair, that call needs to be reviewable and I don't give a hoot if it makes the refs look bad when it gets reversed. How they screwed up the fumble call is beyond me- I saw the knee down and the ball in Toby's grasp.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast