Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    If you're rooting for the Vikings to lose, you're not a Vikings fan. Period.

    Tell yourself whatever you have to, but you're not a fan. Get over it.
    I was really trying, pushing myself to root against them today. I want the better pick, I know these wins are pointless. But no matter how hard I try I can't help but get excited when they score . This was one of the most exciting games we'll ever see, at least the final 90 seconds, and I really enjoyed it. When Patterson made that defender fall down just by changing direction I lost it, that was great.

    Honestly, I'm not upset that they lost, but I can't say I wouldn't be happy with a win. It's a strange spot to be in as a fan.

  2. #22
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I was really trying, pushing myself to root against them today. I want the better pick, I know these wins are pointless. But no matter how hard I try I can't help but get excited when they score . This was one of the most exciting games we'll ever see, at least the final 90 seconds, and I really enjoyed it. When Patterson made that defender fall down just by changing direction I lost it, that was great.

    Honestly, I'm not upset that they lost, but I can't say I wouldn't be happy with a win. It's a strange spot to be in as a fan.
    6 TDs in the 4th quarter, 5 of them in the last 2:05 of the game.

    FOURTH QUARTER MIN BAL
    TD 14:22 Jerome Simpson 8 Yd Pass From Matt Cassel (Two-Point Pass Conversion Failed) 12 7
    TD 02:05 Dennis Pitta 1 Yd Pass From Joe Flacco (Joe Flacco Pass To Torrey Smith For Two-Point Conversion) 12 15
    TD 01:27 Toby Gerhart 41 Yd Run (Blair Walsh Kick) 19 15
    TD 01:16 Jacoby Jones 77 Yd Kickoff Return (Justin Tucker Kick) 19 22
    TD 00:45 Cordarrelle Patterson 79 Yd Pass From Matt Cassel (Blair Walsh Kick) 26 22
    TD 00:04 Marlon Brown 9 Yd Pass From Joe Flacco (Justin Tucker Kick) 26 29

  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    If I was going to try to relate this to religion, I would say that we don't get to chose whether our team wins or loses. The creator is in control.
    The creator wears black & white stripped shirts & has a whistle?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    If you're rooting for the Vikings to lose, you're not a Vikings fan. Period.

    Tell yourself whatever you have to, but you're not a fan. Get over it.
    I don't think you're qualified to comment on whether I'm a fan or not. Because I know damn straight I'll be as happy as anyone else when the Vikings finally win a Super Bowl.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  5. #25
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,533
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    I don't think you're qualified to comment on whether I'm a fan or not. Because I know damn straight I'll be as happy as anyone else when the Vikings finally win a Super Bowl.
    Sure I am.

    If you're rooting for the Vikings to lose, you're not a fan. Accept it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #26
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,462
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The creator wears black & white stripped shirts & has a whistle?

    WWBGD

  7. #27
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Singersp is right on the money.. Watch the games and TELL me that the zebras do not control every aspect of the game unlike any other sport.. My God, people talk about turnovers being the differnce maker.. Bullshit, the zebras make what amounts to a turnover call every other minute in an NFL game. Go through a game and watch how many calls affect the scoring or taking of scores away

    You will be amazed at how much these guys imapct the game all the way through.. It's boders on insame how much power they have..
    .
    Yes people look at calls at the end of games but PA LEASE... WATCH THE REST OF THE GAME AND THE PHONY CALLS, AND THE PHONY RULINGS... THEY ABSOLUTELY DECIDE THE WINNER WITH THEIR BAD GAMES.... AND EVEN SOME GOOD ONES BY THEIR STANDARDS.

  8. #28
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    198
    Do you really think they call interference on that pass that was picked by Sendejo in the last minute if it's the other way around and it's a Baltimore defender. pffft

    How bout the Browns? Talk about getting jobbed.. You think they make that call against Christian Ponder instead of Tom Brady.... pfffft

  9. #29
    rockymtdan's Avatar
    rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Penrose Co 81240
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Nah, I'm not buying into the losing mentality. If you're rooting for your football team to lose, you need to reassess your fandom... quick.

    These guys are busting their ass out their for the purple and gold. I'll be damned if I'm gonna root for these guys to lose. If you do, you should be ashamed of yourself.
    I have no shame
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

  10. #30
    purplehelmut's Avatar
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central WV
    Posts
    480
    Pass Interference is as big as a turnover in certain situations. Teams are going deep hoping that PI is called. To be fair, that call needs to be reviewable and I don't give a hoot if it makes the refs look bad when it gets reversed. How they screwed up the fumble call is beyond me- I saw the knee down and the ball in Toby's grasp.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •