Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post
    Not sure I agree with that anymore. It's not 1974. Free agency has ruined me on believing team rah rah coming from the players. I believe they're still busting their ass, but its more for a paycheck rather than team pride. Busting their ass for the ___________Gold
    Sure, they might be on a different team next year... but this Sunday they're Vikings. I'm a Vikings fan.

If you're watching your favorite football team and rooting for them to lose, why watch football at all? You're obviously not watching for the enjoyment of the sport.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Nah, I'm not buying into the losing mentality. If you're rooting for your football team to lose, you need to reassess your fandom... quick.

These guys are busting their ass out their for the purple and gold. I'll be damned if I'm gonna root for these guys to lose. If you do, you should be ashamed of yourself.
    How about being neutral? Right now I want to see a good game I don't want them to win or lose. I almost got my wish two weeks in a row. LOL!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    This team is playing for nothing more that draft positioning the rest of the way. If they win anymore games, they get pushed back in the draft and could potentially lose out on a great player. If they lose the rest of the way, not only do they get a better draft pick, but it basically assures us of being rid of Frazier and company, and no more Ponder. Call me whatever you want, but I want what's best for the future of this team, not meaningless losses that do absolutely nothing for this team...

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    This team is playing for nothing more that draft positioning the rest of the way. If they win anymore games, they get pushed back in the draft and could potentially lose out on a great player. If they lose the rest of the way, not only do they get a better draft pick, but it basically assures us of being rid of Frazier and company, and no more Ponder. Call me whatever you want, but I want what's best for the future of this team, not meaningless losses that do absolutely nothing for this team...
    I'm confusedůso, you don't want meaningless losses? So, are you happy that the Vikes had a meaningless loss today?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

I think the refs today really want us to get a good draft pick.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Thank you, I completely agree. I am in it for the long haul, not a win that gives me a couple hours of happiness.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Question for everyone here: If we all time traveled back to a couple years ago to the season right before Luck was drafted, would you want us to lose the last couple of games if it would ensure that we get Luck? Or would you want it to play out the way it has right now? I don't think the Colts fans care about that crappy season right before the draft, all they care about is they have an all-star QB (Yes, I know they are losing a lot right now but he is still a great QB and will be one of the best in the league).
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    If you're rooting for the Vikings to lose, you're not a Vikings fan. Period.

Tell yourself whatever you have to, but you're not a fan. Get over it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Question for everyone here: If we all time traveled back to a couple years ago to the season right before Luck was drafted, would you want us to lose the last couple of games if it would ensure that we get Luck? Or would you want it to play out the way it has right now? I don't think the Colts fans care about that crappy season right before the draft, all they care about is they have an all-star QB (Yes, I know they are losing a lot right now but he is still a great QB and will be one of the best in the league).
    That is hindsight.

The players play to get yard..... first downs........ and touchdowns. They compete every play.

The players play to win.

We can't control any of it. We have to accept the outcome. This is as close as football get to being like religion.

The difference between winning and losing today.

The loss put us at Pick 4

A Win would have put us at 9

The tie game makes it very definite where we sit in the draft. We don't get to dilly-dally with the teams that have the same amount of wins, we go to the back of the line for 3 win teams. We don't get to compare with all 3 win teams and have a chance to be the top drafter of the 3 win teams.

I think we win the game vs Detroit and we are going to take out the Eagles. We are going to end up in the teens for a draft pick. How do you like them apples?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast