Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Why not Take yet another chance on Moss?

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1101642
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1101641
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101636
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1101629
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101624
    .......sigh......

Didn't you get enough of putting two recievers on the field who only run 8 and 9 routes last year?

How effective were we with Moss and Berrian?

As I've said in the other 8 threads asking to get Moss back....

We don't need another outside burner. We need an inside guy that can run a 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 route and be a Red Zone threat when the team gets in there.

That takes a guy who can out muscle defenders. Randy isn't doing that for us.
    And despite your oversimplification, you failed to address the fact that we STATISTICALLY improved our passing game while also improving our running game simply by adding Moss to the equation. In fact, we were better with Moss than with Rice.

But why let little things like FACTS stand in the way. This wouldn't be the first blind player-hate road you've walked.

Caine
    How many catches did he have? How many TD's did he catch? Did Harvins numbers go up? You said they did, I never double checked you.

Problem is, Harvins numbers would have also gone up with Rice on the field and so would have the Noodles numbers cause Rice would have caught a few more balls/scored a few more TD's.

Facts, not hate.
    Fact is that all of this was explained LONG ago - When Moss was here the receiving production went up,. and the running game improved...moreso that when Rice was back.

I posted all the stats (pulled from NFL.com - not BleacherReport) at the time.

But you keep trying to refute them with empty BS.

Fact is, Moss would improve our receiver corps...just like he did last time. Even if he and Berrian can only run streaks, that still gives us a vertical game we've lacked (since Berrian can't separate). And, that puts Percy BACK in the slot where he is most effective. Sure, we lose the possession guy we had in Rice....but we didn't have that last season either.

Caine
    I co-sign this Caine.
    Moss and BB can move both safeties. This will open up the middle for Harvin and Shank. Last season we couldn't take the top off the defense and Shank was forced to stay in and block. When Moss joined our offense clicked and we almost beat both the Jets and the Pats in very close games.
    I think especially now that we McNabb.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

To answer the question: Because he's a washed up douche bag who burned that bridge. Did you guys even see the press conference after the Pats game? Douche!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Week 1 Total offense: 253 - 171 passing : Saints : Harvin 12
    Week 2 Total offense: 364 - 225 passing : Phins: Harvin 32
    Week 3 Total offense: 368 - 201 passing : Lions: Harvin 62
    Bye
    Week 5 Total offense: 336 - 264 passing : Jets: Harvin 97
    Week 6 Total offense: 188 - 118 passing : Boys: Harvin 21
    Week 7 Total offense: 402 - 212 passing : GB: Harvin 65
    Week 8 Total offense: 410 - 259 passing : Pats: Harvin 104

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1101644
    To answer the question: Because he's a washed up douche bag who burned that bridge. Did you guys even see the press conference after the Pats game? Douche!
    He said he loved and missed them.
    He said he told the coach what was coming and no one listened
    He spoke the truth as always.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

.......sigh......

Didn't you get enough of putting two recievers on the field who only run 8 and 9 routes last year?

We don't need another outside burner. We need an inside guy that can run a 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 route and be a Red Zone threat when the team gets in there.

And despite your oversimplification, you failed to address the fact that we STATISTICALLY improved our passing game while also improving our running game simply by adding Moss to the equation. In fact, we were better with Moss than with Rice.

But why let little things like FACTS stand in the way. This wouldn't be the first blind player-hate road you've walked.

Caine
    How many catches did he have? How many TD's did he catch?
    2 TD's, 13 catches, 174 yards. would equate to 52 catches, 696 yards, 8 TD's, better production than Berrian and Rice, 100 yards shy of Harvin. Of course, you can't look past the single game total of 1 rec. 8 yards vs. the Pats.
    Did Harvins numbers go up? You said they did, I never double checked you.
    Let me help you. During the 4 weeks Moss was here, he got
    287 yards,-> 33% of his season total
    71.75ypg compared to his 62 ypg avg.
    2 TD's, 40% of his season total.
    .5td/g vs. .357td/g
    19 catches, 26% of his season total.
    4.75 rec/g vs. 5.07

So during Moss's tenure here, Harvin exceeded his seaason averages in every important category.

But of course you choose to dismiss that as always, choosing to instead claim that Favre throwing for a career high the week Moss got released means Moss hurts the team.

Problem is, Harvins numbers would have also gone up with Rice on the field and so would have the Noodles numbers cause Rice would have caught a few more balls/scored a few more TD's.
    Hmm... interesting concept. Let's check the math.
    Rice played weeks 11-16, 6 games, 37.5% of the season
    During those games, Harvin missed two games, so it's not fair to go by total stats, lets do averages. During those games Harvin had:

19 catches: 26% of season total
    4.75 rec/g -> Season average: 5.07
    216 yards: 24.8% of season total
    54 ypg -> season average: 62 ypg
    1 TD: -> 20% of season total
    0.25 td/g -> season average: .3125

So yet again, you speak directly through your ass, as Harvin not only had better total stats during Moss' tenure in most categories, he had far better average stats as well per game during moss' tenure than whan Rice played.

Facts, not hate.
    Yup. That's a good one Marty, I'm going to remember it.

P.S.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101654
    .......sigh......

Caine
    2 TD's, 13 catches, 174 yards. would equate to 52 catches, 696 yards, 8 TD's, better production than Berrian and Rice, 100 yards shy of Harvin. Of course, you can't look past the single game total of 1 rec. 8 yards vs. the Pats.
    .5td/g vs. .357td/g
    4.75 rec/g vs. 5.07

So during Moss's tenure here, Harvin exceeded his seaason averages in every important category.

But of course you choose to dismiss that as always, choosing to instead claim that Favre throwing for a career high the week Moss got released means Moss hurts the team.

During those games, Harvin missed two games, so it's not fair to go by total stats, lets do averages. During those games Harvin had:

So yet again, you speak directly through your ass, as Harvin not only had better total stats during Moss' tenure in most categories, he had far better average stats as well per game during moss' tenure than whan Rice played.

Facts, not hate.

P.S.
    I love stats, but these are some pretty meaningless ones your throwing out there to justify your love of the freak.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1101656
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101654
    .......sigh......

Caine
    .5td/g vs. .357td/g
    4.75 rec/g vs. 5.07

Facts, not hate.

P.S.
    I love stats, but these are some pretty meaningless ones your throwing out there to justify your love of the freak.
    Right, because the only important stats for a receiver is sacks allowed?!?!?!?

Come on. In every important category, Moss improved our offense simply by being on the field...and that includes being hamstrung by a moron HC and a unqualified OC.

Caine

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

What's wrong with bringing back Moss? He should come cheap and will be that field stretcher the Vikings need. He and Harvin have a great relationship. He and McNab should get along well. It would help AP (boxes can't be stacked with McNabb because he sstill can scramble). Open up the middle for Harvin, Shank and Rudolph.

We don't know about Berrian yet. Hopefully we get Malcomb Floyd, James Jones or even Braylon Edwards. One of those 3, Moss and Harvin with a two TE set and AP? Who do you cover?

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1101677
    What's wrong with bringing back Moss? He should come cheap and will be that field stretcher the Vikings need. He and Harvin have a great relationship. He and McNab should get along well. It would help AP (boxes can't be stacked with McNabb because he sstill can scramble). Open up the middle for Harvin, Shank and Rudolph.

We don't know about Berrian yet. Hopefully we get Malcomb Floyd, James Jones or even Braylon Edwards. One of those 3, Moss and Harvin with a two TE set and AP? Who do you cover?
    I say for the money that we were paying Rice, we can sign Moss and Edwards. I would love to have us in

Purple Blood is offline Waterboy

I figured this would start a fire storm. Moss is older and slower, but he still has some of the best hands in the NFL! He's also better then 50% of the receivers in the NFL! I also believe the Wilfs had trouble deciding if Moss left or if Chilly was to be fired. I havn't read anywhere that the Wilfs had a huge problem with Moss "although I could have missed it".

I personally would love him back due to the fact by the time my Moss Jersey shipped to me last Year I got to wear it for one Game, I would love to wear it for some more lol.

I'm betting the JETTS take a shot at him, The Patriots just signed Chad Johnson or what ever his name might be these Days!!!!!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast