Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 122
  1. #1
    Purple Blood is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14

    Why not Take yet another chance on Moss?

    Well Rice is gone, Berrian cant cut it "I hope he gets cut" Pun intended. Anyhow why not take another chance on Moss.Chilly is gone, McNabb has a arm if anything we could stretch the field, and we could probaby get him pretty cheap.

    Let the flaming begin!!

    SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Why not Take yet another chance on Moss?

    .......sigh......

    Didn't you get enough of putting two recievers on the field who only run 8 and 9 routes last year?

    How effective were we with Moss and Berrian?

    As I've said in the other 8 threads asking to get Moss back....

    We don't need another outside burner. We need an inside guy that can run a 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 route and be a Red Zone threat when the team gets in there.

    That takes a guy who can out muscle defenders. Randy isn't doing that for us.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is online now Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,308

    Re: Why not Take yet another chance on Moss?

    Well this week has been fun in that the mods clearly do not even want to take the ridiculous amount of time it would take to merge all the threads that are about the same damn things.

    Obviously, at this point, a chance with Moss would not hurt anything. He is 10x the "burner" that Berrian is and acting like Moss is only good for one route is a little silly.

    Sure, he is the best to ever run that route, but it is not like he is not very capable of being a solid WR without just going deep. He has SIX 80-reception seasons, I doubt that he was making all those catches going deep.

    Depending on the cost, Moss could fit right back in here ... and he would be happy to avoid Mr. Childress this time around.

  4. #4
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Why not Take yet another chance on Moss?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101624
    .......sigh......

    Didn't you get enough of putting two recievers on the field who only run 8 and 9 routes last year?

    How effective were we with Moss and Berrian?

    As I've said in the other 8 threads asking to get Moss back....

    We don't need another outside burner. We need an inside guy that can run a 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 route and be a Red Zone threat when the team gets in there.

    That takes a guy who can out muscle defenders. Randy isn't doing that for us.
    And despite your oversimplification, you failed to address the fact that we STATISTICALLY improved our passing game while also improving our running game simply by adding Moss to the equation. In fact, we were better with Moss than with Rice.

    But why let little things like FACTS stand in the way. This wouldn't be the first blind player-hate road you've walked.

    Caine

  5. #5
    lavikings is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2

    Re: Why not Take yet another chance on Moss?

    Just need to stop with the Moss coming back. It is totally ridiculous.

    What Moss did to this organization not once, but twice, tells you everything.

    It's not worth whatever is left of his talent, and certainly not his cantankerous and shady character.

    The guy is an immature, selfish, self-righteous, prick and disease to any franchise. This guy would be working at McDonalds if not for his "football skills", and he would be fired in 2 days, for mouthing off, disrespect, antics, etc.

    Go look at that Pats game last year, where he could have caught the ball and scored a TD easily. He did not. He was saying I don't respect the game or the Vikings, I don't give a shit.

    Wilf and Frazier, have said "Good Riddance" to this guy. If he is ever a Viking again, management has lost their minds.

    They are trying to build, not destroy.
    None

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Why not Take yet another chance on Moss?

    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1101627
    Well this week has been fun in that the mods clearly do not even want to take the ridiculous amount of time it would take to merge all the threads that are about the same damn things.

    Obviously, at this point, a chance with Moss would not hurt anything. He is 10x the "burner" that Berrian is and acting like Moss is only good for one route is a little silly.

    Sure, he is the best to ever run that route, but it is not like he is not very capable of being a solid WR without just going deep. He has SIX 80-reception seasons, I doubt that he was making all those catches going deep.

    Depending on the cost, Moss could fit right back in here ... and he would be happy to avoid Mr. Childress this time around.
    Get rid of Berrian, yes, bring in Moss. Replacement for Rice, not a good option.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Why not Take yet another chance on Moss?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1101629
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101624
    .......sigh......

    Didn't you get enough of putting two recievers on the field who only run 8 and 9 routes last year?

    How effective were we with Moss and Berrian?

    As I've said in the other 8 threads asking to get Moss back....

    We don't need another outside burner. We need an inside guy that can run a 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 route and be a Red Zone threat when the team gets in there.

    That takes a guy who can out muscle defenders. Randy isn't doing that for us.
    And despite your oversimplification, you failed to address the fact that we STATISTICALLY improved our passing game while also improving our running game simply by adding Moss to the equation. In fact, we were better with Moss than with Rice.

    But why let little things like FACTS stand in the way. This wouldn't be the first blind player-hate road you've walked.

    Caine
    How many catches did he have? How many TD's did he catch? Did Harvins numbers go up? You said they did, I never double checked you.

    Problem is, Harvins numbers would have also gone up with Rice on the field and so would have the Noodles numbers cause Rice would have caught a few more balls/scored a few more TD's.

    Facts, not hate.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Why not Take yet another chance on Moss?

    Quote Originally Posted by "lavikings" #1101634
    Just need to stop with the Moss coming back. It is totally ridiculous.

    What Moss did to this organization not once, but twice, tells you everything.

    It's not worth his existing talent.

    The guy is am immature, selfish, self-righteous, prick and disease to any franchise. This guy would be working at McDonalds if not for his "football skills", and he would be fired in 2 days, mouthing off, antics, etc.

    Wilf and Fraizier, saying "Good Riddance" to this guy. If he is ever a Viking again, management has lost their mind.

    They are trying to build not destroy.
    Existing talent being the key to your point my friend.

    There is a reason only one team was stupid enough to give the Pats what they wanted and there was another reason that there was only one other team desparate enough to take a chance on him after we let him go.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Why not Take yet another chance on Moss?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101636
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1101629
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101624
    .......sigh......

    Didn't you get enough of putting two recievers on the field who only run 8 and 9 routes last year?

    How effective were we with Moss and Berrian?

    As I've said in the other 8 threads asking to get Moss back....

    We don't need another outside burner. We need an inside guy that can run a 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 route and be a Red Zone threat when the team gets in there.

    That takes a guy who can out muscle defenders. Randy isn't doing that for us.
    And despite your oversimplification, you failed to address the fact that we STATISTICALLY improved our passing game while also improving our running game simply by adding Moss to the equation. In fact, we were better with Moss than with Rice.

    But why let little things like FACTS stand in the way. This wouldn't be the first blind player-hate road you've walked.

    Caine
    How many catches did he have? How many TD's did he catch? Did Harvins numbers go up? You said they did, I never double checked you.

    Problem is, Harvins numbers would have also gone up with Rice on the field and so would have the Noodles numbers cause Rice would have caught a few more balls/scored a few more TD's.

    Facts, not hate.
    Fact is that all of this was explained LONG ago - When Moss was here the receiving production went up,. and the running game improved...moreso that when Rice was back.

    I posted all the stats (pulled from NFL.com - not BleacherReport) at the time.

    But you keep trying to refute them with empty BS.

    Fact is, Moss would improve our receiver corps...just like he did last time. Even if he and Berrian can only run streaks, that still gives us a vertical game we've lacked (since Berrian can't separate). And, that puts Percy BACK in the slot where he is most effective. Sure, we lose the possession guy we had in Rice....but we didn't have that last season either.

    Caine

  10. #10
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909

    Re: Why not Take yet another chance on Moss?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1101641
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101636
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1101629
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101624
    .......sigh......

    Didn't you get enough of putting two recievers on the field who only run 8 and 9 routes last year?

    How effective were we with Moss and Berrian?

    As I've said in the other 8 threads asking to get Moss back....

    We don't need another outside burner. We need an inside guy that can run a 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 route and be a Red Zone threat when the team gets in there.

    That takes a guy who can out muscle defenders. Randy isn't doing that for us.
    And despite your oversimplification, you failed to address the fact that we STATISTICALLY improved our passing game while also improving our running game simply by adding Moss to the equation. In fact, we were better with Moss than with Rice.

    But why let little things like FACTS stand in the way. This wouldn't be the first blind player-hate road you've walked.

    Caine
    How many catches did he have? How many TD's did he catch? Did Harvins numbers go up? You said they did, I never double checked you.

    Problem is, Harvins numbers would have also gone up with Rice on the field and so would have the Noodles numbers cause Rice would have caught a few more balls/scored a few more TD's.

    Facts, not hate.
    Fact is that all of this was explained LONG ago - When Moss was here the receiving production went up,. and the running game improved...moreso that when Rice was back.

    I posted all the stats (pulled from NFL.com - not BleacherReport) at the time.

    But you keep trying to refute them with empty BS.

    Fact is, Moss would improve our receiver corps...just like he did last time. Even if he and Berrian can only run streaks, that still gives us a vertical game we've lacked (since Berrian can't separate). And, that puts Percy BACK in the slot where he is most effective. Sure, we lose the possession guy we had in Rice....but we didn't have that last season either.

    Caine
    I co-sign this Caine.
    Moss and BB can move both safeties. This will open up the middle for Harvin and Shank. Last season we couldn't take the top off the defense and Shank was forced to stay in and block. When Moss joined our offense clicked and we almost beat both the Jets and the Pats in very close games.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN Ticker Says Moss Considering Retirement (Edit Jarvis Moss)
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 09:12 AM
  2. Russell gets another chance
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 07:53 PM
  3. Is there even a chance?....
    By CanuckVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 08:07 PM
  4. Here's your chance Rod
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 11:15 AM
  5. Here's your chance!!!
    By xtrax in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 05:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •