Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    watch what happens if he gets stoned by a lineman at the LOS. If it is a pass play he just stops, like he doesn't know what to do. I watched him play several times, the last being Clemson. He just stops on pass plays if he doesn't get by with his first move.
    Sounds like the perfect replacement for JA as that fits his M.O to a "T"

Personally I see much the same from Clowney and think he could very well be the defensive equivalent of Tony Mandarich.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Aside from Bridgewater, my dream scenario would be having the #1 pick and trading back a spot or two then taking Clowney with that and somehow trading up and drafting Nix. God what a sick DL
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I know that we need to bolster our defense, but QB is by far the most important position to fill. How many elite QBs do you know that play on bad teams? I can't think of any, other than maybe Matt Ryan but the Falcons are a hot mess. For the most part, if you have your QB position solidified a lot of holes on the team will be either masked or filled with players that want to play with that QB.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    I know that we need to bolster our defense, but QB is by far the most important position to fill. How many elite QBs do you know that play on bad teams? I can't think of any, other than maybe Matt Ryan but the Falcons are a hot mess. For the most part, if you have your QB position solidified a lot of holes on the team will be either masked or filled with players that want to play with that QB.
    It takes more than a QB to turn a bad franchise around. If we don't bring in some competent coaches then the draft is insignificant.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    How did Tajh Boyd look that game for Clemson? Could he be a good QB for the Vikings? If not, why not?
    One game does not make a QB but I thought he looked poised the first half and had some good plays. He has a cannon of an arm and can run. Then there are times when he looks confused in the pocket and makes some bad decisions. The end of the SC game he didn't look like the leader that his team needed. From what I remember of this game and the FSU game he will need some work on his footwork and his progressions. He tends to look at his primary receiver the whole time which causes INTS. He is one of the qbs that are high risk/ high rewards. He and Bridgewater are two QBs that have the talent but can they do it at the next level. IMO I wouldn't draft him until around the 1st round 26-32. He is way too risky for our first round pick IMO.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Sounds like the perfect replacement for JA as that fits his M.O to a "T"

Personally I see much the same from Clowney and think he could very well be the defensive equivalent of Tony Mandarich.
    that is good stuff
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 12-09-2013 at 11:44 AM.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

I don't know how we got on QBs in the defensive thread but I have been saying for about two months that if we take a QB in this draft I would like us to draft Blake Bortles out of Central Fla. He is a Coach's son and has a great pocket presence. He can make all the throws and has great footwork.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    I don't know how we got on QBs in the defensive thread but I have been saying for about two months that if we take a QB in this draft I would like us to draft Blake Bortles out of Central Fla. He is a Coach's son and has a great pocket presence. He can make all the throws and has great footwork.
    How's his accuracy ?
    What little I have seen of the so called top three, none of them struck me as NFL quality QB's. Further down the list I thought aj McCarron looked good, but he has little pressure from opposing defenses. If they don't draft him they should draft his offensive line, they are incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    How's his accuracy ?
    What little I have seen of the so called top three, none of them struck me as NFL quality QB's. Further down the list I thought McCarren (sp),looked good but he has little pressure from opposing defenses. If they don't draft him they should draft his offensive line, they are incredible.
    You never really get to see what a QB can do in a couple of games but he shredded Penn State and seemed to be very accurate. The same against, I think it was Louisville, when I saw him thread a needle in the back of the end zone to beat them. He had to throw it over the LB but had to put some zip on it before the CB could recover. I like the way he handles the offense and the huddle. I thought he was accurate in the two games I saw him play but I really liked how he led the offense.

They almost beat South Carolina (their only loss) and had a great come from behind victory over South Fla. Wouldn't it be nice to come from behind and win instead of the other way around all the time.

I agree with Ala. front line they are as good as some NFL lines (kidding but close).

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Does the name Todd Marinovich ring a bell?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast