Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    johnkdbr is offline Training Camp

Why not go Defense with our first pick?

The more I think about it if we can't get Bridgwater then we go Defense with our first pick and grab DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina. This guy is a game changer. Then we grab a DT(Louis Nix III) with our 2nd pick. With the money we get by not signing J Allen or K Williams we can go after a LB & CB in Free Agency.
    Plus think about this...If we don't get Bridwater we can trade back one or two spots to a team that needs a QB & still get Clowney. With the right moves we could be the Chiefs of 2014.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Nix is a top 7 pick

That's true but if we can trade back in first round & pick up an extra 2nd round pick we could use that to move up from 2nd round to grab nix. Right now we have studs in Safety Smith, DE Robison, DE Griffin, CB Rhodes, DT Floyd & LB Greenway. We grab a CB & LB in FA. Secure our D-Line through the draft with Clowney & Nix. Look for a QB in the 3rd round.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Clowney would be a top 5 player. Can't rad back... get the picks and draft Clowney.

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    I say we go Clowney in the first, then McCarron or Mettenberger in the second.
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    i say nothing else matter til we have a qb. id take 2 out of our top 4 picks and best qb available with our first pick

Our team is going nowhere without a qb. Our defense is not good enough to win with a Dilfer type qb. We need a qb and a dang good one. That is all.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

I agree we need a QB but Bridwater is the only QB I would take in the first round. The rest are far from franchise consideration. I keep my fingers crossed the Manziel is available in the 2nd or 3rd round because I think with a little maturation he could be a once in a lifetime selection. With that in mind our offense despite the meteocre play at the QB position is scoring points. If we can make the adjustments on Defense we can win alot of those games we lost. So if we don't get Bridwater, which after our win today, I don't think we get him then we go Defense in the first round.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Our team is going nowhere without a qb. Our defense is not good enough to win with a Dilfer type qb. We need a qb and a dang good one. That is all.
    Agreed. Look no further than GB. They are a top 5 team wins wise with Rodgers, a disgrace without him... He makes that team plain and simple, and the Vikings need a QB along those lines.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Agreed. Look no further than GB. They are a top 5 team wins wise with Rodgers, a disgrace without him... He makes that team plain and simple, and the Vikings need a QB along those lines.
    GB does not have AP or Cordelle Patterson either. Any ape could hand off the ball to AP, and Dilfer could easily complete passes to Patterson. Well, any ape except Ponder that is.

I think the draft is going to be deep for 2nd/3rd round QBs, and I have no problem getting one there if the guy we really want is gone. Unlike many people here, I really don't see a "overall #1 pick" QB in this year's draft; Luck AND RGIII were both that, but is Bridgewater really as good as either of those 2 blokes?

Now, temper THOSE comments with the knowledge that I really don't watch too much college FB; but last year in the championship game, a LOT of people were saying McCarron didn't want his girlfriend to do photo shoots or interviews because he was jealous that she, in the end, would be more famous than he will EVER be. That last due to his talent level...has he got THAT much better this year?

I don't know a lot about Bridgewater besides one game I watched, and though it was a good game, I didn't see "#1 draft pick for sure!!" written all over his play. If you all are sure he is a lock (as much as anyone can SAY he is a lock), I won't argue; but getting more defense at this point isn't a horrible idea.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast