Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why not CT?

TheVike1 is offline Rookie

Why not CT?

Obviously, just like Mewelde Moore was and NOT!
    I am a big CT fam and just simply cannot understand why we are not using him more in the rum game?
    We r pretty predictable when AP is out CT is gonna probabaly go flat for a pass.
    He is a stud like Moore and can should be a feature back with another team!!!
    If he can carrry it at least a dozen times and AP two dozaen our run game alone will take us to the promised land i believe...
    Anyone agree?
    "It's all in God's hands" R E Lee 7/3/1863

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Why not CT?

I am not sure my friend.....

I kindof like how the staff has used them during game time situations (for the most part) not only this year, but last year as well.

Alot on her felt that the benching of TJ would ruin him just like alot felt that putting him in actual game time situations would crush his confidence.

I think the staff must tread lightly when they decide to bench a player (or not) and base that decision not only on who is on the bench but how the kid will handle it when dealing with younger players.

For the sooner fans out there, I am not saying that AD can't handle a benching mentally, I am just saying that the staff must treat each issue as a separate event.

Truth of the matter is, the two times that he was benched/didn't start and CT did, he handled it quiet well.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Love Chester in the passing game.
    Those screens go for big yardage.
    That must be the YAC that we were suppose to be getting when Chilly got here.
    Everyone knows that throwing the ball down the field more is going to get us TD's.
    Remember last year to Syd against Giants.
    We can have that same outcome.
    I just hope we get it done.
    We can still win the North.
    Let's get it done fellas.

Bretto007 is offline Rookie

I have always been a CT fan.
    I feel more comfortable when he is in the game to be honest.
    He blocks better then AP, he catches better then AP.
    In my opinion he runs just as hard as AP.
    I like CT because he is always concerned about getting positive yards and doesn't try to hit a home run every play like AP.
    Brad Childress is 1-6 in games played Dec. 17 or later.

cunningham is offline Training Camp

Chester is a fantastic back and would probably start on any other team. Let's not forget he rushed for 1200 yards as our starter before Peterson.

But I think the role he's in now is pretty much perfect for him. He's our go-to guy on 3rd downs, and it seems almost every game he manages to get a TD, whether it be a pass or a rush.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I like Taylor too. I think he is a more complete back than #28 is and could help us be less one dimensional at this point but if the reason for this is the fumbles, remember that Taylor had some key fumbles for us pre- #28 too so he isn't necessarily going to eliminate the fumble problem.

I would like to see them split action more closely than they have been for this game and then see what happens after that.

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

It's settled then.
    Trade AD.
    Trade him for the pot of gold he's worth.
    Trade for a star player, some accessories and a sleigh full of draft pics.
    We've already shown our drafting smarts.
    Trade him now if CT can handle the load and get another stud RB in through draft and let him hit his lick for a few years.

Why silly talk of sharing carries when his image is that of a god?
    Trade him and get a quality back in to truly 'share' the carries with.

Trade AD,NOT!
    Just let s diguise him and make the defenses tougher to prepare for us by letting CT carry the ball a dozen or so times to AD's two dozen!
    One freakin carry last week...be serious!
    At this rate AD's body will be an old mans in a season or two 24 carries to 12 carrries for CT this is the game plan and at least SIX for TJ will = 300 yds rush each game!
    Hell with the vertical pass let both backs catch at least two a piece and we are in the end zone a min of FOUR times! Guaranteed
    But hell no trade AD

swardsooner is offline Rookie

It seems to me both backs are in an optimal situation to weather the harshness of the NFL.
    If Ad improves his pass blocking AND a consistent, dependable QB situation comes about, this offense would be monstrous.

IS AD's pass blocking skill improving?
    I don't see the Vikes enough to evaluate this.

Again CT one damn carry last week absurd and just simply poor coaching for our O Coordinator SIMPLY forgot about him and using himm period is the way I see it!!!!!!!!!1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast