Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Why Moore isn't playing:

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Look if you want Moore in and he isn't there are only two people to blame. Moore himself or Tice and that's it. You trying to discredit Michael Bennett or start making up stories about oooo oooo I saw a hole he missed it is just funny. Unless you have a play book in front of you tell me how you know?
    no need for a play book i have a tv with tivo , it lets you pause and rewind live tv :lol: .

"del rio" wrote:
    There are so many things that can go wrong on a play so many assignments that need to go right. If it pisses you off that bad that MM is not playing write a letter or something, apply some logic, send it to someone who cares that can do something about it LOL, which is no one.
    so what your saying is that over the past 20 games the bennett has played in that the offencive line has blocked well for every on but bennett , in the last 20 games he has a whopping 723 yards rushing . in the 3 games that moore started in he had 339 . and i'm not saying it has to be moore . before mr wiz got suspended i wanted him, when there was all the big debates over trading for a big free agent rb , i was all for that . just not as convinced as tice or any bennett backers.

and as for writing a letter , well that's why PPO is here , so people like me and you can play coach!!

"del rio" wrote:
    Root for Memo to make the most of what he has and earn his way back. It's all on him and Tice. Bennett has nothing to do with it. Personally if he isn't starting I blame him.
    if moore looked like shat when he played no one would be calling for him , but since bennett is for some odd reason the starter no matter what . there's going to be nay-sayers and doubters , especially with bennetts track record.
    You started Moe (Williams). Was that for protection up front?

A: That's a good point. Mike (Bennett) was announced the starter; Mike is the starter. I wanted to put Mike in the third play, which we did. He knew which play that it was going to be. We scripted the plays and that was because I wanted Mike to settle down a little bit and I wanted Moe to go in there for the first couple of plays and see how they were going to approach. But it was not anything but to settle Mike down and I think both running backs didn't get much there. Looking at it, there wasn't a lot there. You sit there and say so-and-so didn't do this and so-and-so didn't do that. There wasn't much there. Anything that they were going to make yesterday they were going to make on their own.

I'm thinking your tivo and your knowledge of what play they were running would still take a back seat to the coaching staff.

6-KINGS Guest

At this point I just want ANYONE who can actually run the ball for a 4.0 avg on a consistant basis to play. Even if that person is a lineman.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Well, maybe we can get Barry Sanders outta retirement? Or fix the O-line for defense.

To me, Fourdoor, what your missing is, your man, had the chance. Last year, and this year too. He went to a preseason game, and did exactly what Bennett did the 3 before, and got injured. I know you crave for Mwelde to start, but, he has to earn it. He has had his chance twice and blew it.

Oddly enough, I love Mwelde. I thought he was a great pick, and couldn't wait to see him play. And he has done very well. Bennett just brings more to the table. And if our line can (and they should) open up some holes this week, you will see why.

I was VERY tired of this Bennett/Smith/Moore bit in Feb. let alone now. The only thing I can wonder about is why I repeat myself. I did quit this topic for months during the offseason, I think I will do so again. Silliness it is.

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    Well, maybe we can get Barry Sanders outta retirement? Or fix the O-line for defense.

To me, Fourdoor, what your missing is, your man, had the chance. Last year, and this year too. He went to a preseason game, and did exactly what Bennett did the 3 before, and got injured. I know you crave for Mwelde to start, but, he has to earn it. He has had his chance twice and blew it.

Oddly enough, I love Mwelde. I thought he was a great pick, and couldn't wait to see him play. And he has done very well. Bennett just brings more to the table. And if our line can (and they should) open up some holes this week, you will see why.

I was VERY tired of this Bennett/Smith/Moore bit in Feb. let alone now. The only thing I can wonder about is why I repeat myself. I did quit this topic for months during the offseason, I think I will do so again. Silliness it is.
    this is a quote from my post , 6 posts above this one :

and i'm not saying it has to be moore . before mr wiz got suspended i wanted him, when there was all the big debates over trading for a big free agent rb , i was all for that . just not as convinced as tice or any bennett backers.
    what i'm saying is bennett is not getting it done , me mo just happens to be the back behing bennett so he gets all the refrences. if bennett can done great then i'll shut up , but as of right now , any one we can get in there that will get it done , i'm all for!

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Articnv is offline Coach

Bennett dosnt have great field vision. From watchign him play if there runnign to X hole he will go to that spot regardlesss if there is a hole there or not. When other backs MeMo, Smith, C4, Moe Will see X hole is closed but Y hole is open and will run thru that hole there or if its blocked up front will try to go to the outside. Bennett dose not. Bennett woudl do better on pitches to the out side were he can use his speed top his advatange. Until bennett gets betetr field vision i dont want him to start at all.

vking is offline Training Camp

"Articnv" wrote:
    Bennett dosnt have great field vision. From watchign him play if there runnign to X hole he will go to that spot regardlesss if there is a hole there or not. When other backs MeMo, Smith, C4, Moe Will see X hole is closed but Y hole is open and will run thru that hole there or if its blocked up front will try to go to the outside. Bennett dose not. Bennett woudl do better on pitches to the out side were he can use his speed top his advatange. Until bennett gets betetr field vision i dont want him to start at all.
    You know I've often thought thats exactly what they need to do with Bennett. If Tice and crew had even the slightest clue they would pitch to Bennett at least 3 time per game.

Whats so hard to figure out? Bennett can win foot races. Why not play to his strengths.

Remember Robert Smith outside? Bennett could be very much like that if they'd give it a chance. The closest they came to that on Sunday was that slow developing long reach hand-off from Pep. Quick pitch and start runnin. I believe we'd get good results.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

the one run that really pissed me off is when bennett just ran into a pile. it looked like he wass just jumping on top of the dog pile.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, and it looked like he could have run either left or right for some yardage.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

get mewelde in there

Go vikes!!

mark is offline Asst. Coach

we didnt even run the ball 2 times in a row last week.we got to get the oline in a groove and whoever is back there will be fine
    <!--
    sig -->

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast