Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Why Moore isn't playing:

...On Monday, a reporter anticipated that same response when he asked the running back: "Are you healthy?"

Moore's reply was, "Not 100 percent. I'm good. I was just leg-whipped. The only reason that it bothered me at all is [the ankle] wasn't all healed yet. If it was 100 percent, it wouldn't have been anything."

Does Moore expect to be in a running back rotation Sunday in Cincinnati? "I don't know," he said. "I'm trying to do my job. I'm playing through whatever ... ready for whatever they want to throw at me."

Would Moore consider going to Tice to find out why he was excluded from the Michael Bennett-Moe Williams running back rotation?

"There is no need to do stuff like that," he said. "I have confidence in the coaches. They know what they are doing. Every day I do whatever is asked of me."

The civilians in Purpleland gained a big appreciation for Moore last season, when he had a three-game burst of excellence. The dents the Vikings' blockers put in the Tampa Bay defense were too small for LaDainian Tomlinson to make yards, but this mattered not to many fans. They were convinced the answer to the rushing problem was Mewelde, not reasonable line play.

Yes or no, Coach -- was Moore healthy going into the Tampa Bay game?

"Of the four backs [Bennett, Williams, Moore and Ciatrick Fason], he probably was the least healthy," Tice said. "That's why the plan with him was to have him do the kickoff return. ... We really didn't have any [offensive] packages for him. Like I said, he was the least healthy of the group, so we made his time to be kickoff returns."

Tice had mentioned Moore with linebacker Sam Cowart and left tackle Bryant McKinnie as players who came out of Sunday's game banged up.

"I think of the three guys, [Moore] is the most probable to be OK by Wednesday," the coach said.

Does that give Moore a chance to figure in the running back mix for the Bengals?

"What I see this week is Mike [Bennett] as the starter, and hopefully he has enough conditioning from the [first] game ... then Moe will be his spell guy and take third downs," Tice said. "That would be ideal for me right now, to have a guy who is the starter, and he comes out when he needs a breather. That would be as good as we can get."

What does Moore have to do to get back in the top two in the running back rotation?

"The biggest thing with Mewelde is just kind of what you asked about him," Tice said. "He needs to show us some consistency in staying healthy, so he can get his timing. He hasn't been able to do that, unfortunately."

Punto stayed healthy for a few weeks and was rewarded with heavy playing time. Moore's challenge is to do the same, and do it with the knowledge that he has a much greater gift for his game than Punto has for his....

~~Star Tribune~~

I'm kinda upset about this, Moore needs to stay healthy, but I think he should get a shot on Sunday. I guess this thing will have to continue to pan out this way...

Re: Why Moore isn't playing:

it's funny how moore is in tice's dog house for getting hurt , when bennett is tices angel

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Is a case of what they bring to the table mostly, I am sure. If (the NON-injury prone) Moore actually DID bring more to the table, Tice wouldn't blink about starting him. (the NON-injury prone) Moore will get into games, well assuming he is healthy for one. If he really does own, like half the people on the boards think, he will get more time. If he can play better than Bennett, well, and stay on the field the job is his anyway, given time.

Should (the NON-injury prone) Moore be started ahead of (the injury-prone) M. Bennett, based simply on injuries? (the injury prone) Bennett DID start a whole year without injuries. (the NON-injury prone) Moore? He made it what 3 games? He had a chance in preseason. What happened? He was injured. He would likely have seen some time this last game, what happened? He was injured. Yah, lets start him.

If the (injury-prone) Bennett is made of glass, start him til he breaks. He DOES have more talent than MM. Once he is hurt, then you can put (the NON-injury prone) Moore in there, and he has a job. Hopefully he can keep if for more than 3 weeks before he is injured, again.

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    Is a case of what they bring to the table mostly, I am sure. If (the NON-injury prone) Moore actually DID bring more to the table, Tice wouldn't blink about starting him. (the NON-injury prone) Moore will get into games, well assuming he is healthy for one. If he really does own, like half the people on the boards think, he will get more time. If he can play better than Bennett, well, and stay on the field the job is his anyway, given time.

Should (the NON-injury prone) Moore be started ahead of (the injury-prone) M. Bennett, based simply on injuries? (the injury prone) Bennett DID start a whole year without injuries. (the NON-injury prone) Moore? He made it what 3 games? He had a chance in preseason. What happened? He was injured. He would likely have seen some time this last game, what happened? He was injured. Yah, lets start him.

If the (injury-prone) Bennett is made of glass, start him til he breaks. He DOES have more talent than MM. Once he is hurt, then you can put (the NON-injury prone) Moore in there, and he has a job. Hopefully he can keep if for more than 3 weeks before he is injured, again.
    have you been watching the games?

moore seems to bring way mooore to the table . bennett is absolutely great when it comes to running into the first defender he sees . where as moore breaks atleast 1 tackle/play . bennett stutters behind the line then trips over the first non-blocked defender he can find . moore explodes through the line .

if your gripe about moore being injured is your stance then i can't see how your a bennett backer . out of 4 years bennett has had 1 full year w/out injury , the other 3 seasons he's played 32 games , missing half the season in 2003 . over 4 seasons he has 9 touchdowns and 2,701 yards . now if your backing bennett because of performance , i could name a couple of backs that have put these types of numbers up in 1 year .

not saying that moore has or will put up these types of numbers but just trying to figure why all the bennett backers are putting there stock in him .

bennett plays like sh!t then gets injured and the job is still his , moore lights the world on fire and gets hurt and tice throws moore to the dogs . i think bennett is giving tice head or scalping his tickets for him

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    it's funny how moore is in tice's dog house for getting hurt , when bennett is tices angel
    It is funny how you just spun this.

Maybe Moore is just as injury prone as Bennett or just can't play through pain.

Del Rio Guest

This whole Bennett/Moore debate is weak. Full of fallacy and assumptions.

Look if you want Moore in and he isn't there are only two people to blame. Moore himself or Tice and that's it. You trying to discredit Michael Bennett or start making up stories about oooo oooo I saw a hole he missed it is just funny. Unless you have a play book in front of you tell me how you know?

There are so many things that can go wrong on a play so many assignments that need to go right. If it pisses you off that bad that MM is not playing write a letter or something, apply some logic, send it to someone who cares that can do something about it LOL, which is no one.

Root for Memo to make the most of what he has and earn his way back. It's all on him and Tice. Bennett has nothing to do with it. Personally if he isn't starting I blame him.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

The way Bennett played on Sunday was terrible! The offensive line did not open any holes, but Bennett would run up to the line with a pile of 300+ pound guys and try and run through their backs. Bounce to the outside, maybe look ahead and run to the outside right away!

With the way Bennett was running, they should have tried Fason if Moore could not go, or tried Moore if he was able to play.

Tice is very stubborn and I think because he said that Bennett will gain 1,600 yards this year that he is sticking with him. And if that is the case, he is doing it to save face! If it is, he will ruin our season and lose his job at the end of the year!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

Sure we all want to see bennett break a big one for a first or a touch down, but the reality is that he needs three steps to get any production whatsoever...i can run into the back of the line as good as bennett. Having said that, our line has not given his style of run game any justice.
    With our line situation, I think we need to start a back like Moore. There is no question his style of play is better suited for our offense today.
    We traded Moss to bring the vikings "balance" and frankly its obvious there will be no balance without a productive run game. Well game one showed us minimal offense, but that wont be the case this sunday.
    I am worried that Tice has a love affair to bennett and it may cost him his job and us our season. But he is the coach and all we can do is hope for the best.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

This whole situation is just enough to piss anyone off. I can never decide who to support because nothing is based on concrete evidence. You can't call one good season concrete evidence of Bennett's ability, and you can't call 3 games evidence of Moore's ability. I've given up and decided that whoever is in the play at that particular time is who I want to be the running back.

It doesn't really matter who's back there if our O-line plays like crap again.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Tired of it also ... If the "O" line cant block and someone needs to make their own holes, then we need to put Kleiny back there and see how he does. Cause I cant take another weak rushing game like this last week, Tice better be putting in long hours this week to get this turned around ... otherwise, 0-2 is not that far fetched of an idea and if it happens, gonna be a long season boys.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast