Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Why the Minnesota Vikings will shock the world in 2012

PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Not a bad article - the author drank their fair share of purple koolaid first though.

I am as big of a homer as the next guy, but even I have a hard time using the words "competitive" and "2011 Vikings" in the same sentence.

I did, however, like the redzone stats that he threw up about Ponder.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    I think that truthfully we could fight for a Wild Card spot, too. I think that obviously Green Bay has the Division for now on lockdown but we could surprise a lot of people in the NFL next year I think. Nobody in the media is giving this team any credit so in my opinion we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I don't think we lost a lot of games last year by many points and with a full offseason to prepare I think Christian Ponder is going to turn a lot of heads with the time he'll have to throw and the upgraded talent at Wide Receiver. I think if NFL Teams next year approach us as pushovers they're going to be mistaken.

Skol

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post
    I think that truthfully we could fight for a Wild Card spot, too. I think that obviously Green Bay has the Division for now on lockdown but we could surprise a lot of people in the NFL next year I think. Nobody in the media is giving this team any credit so in my opinion we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I don't think we lost a lot of games last year by many points and with a full offseason to prepare I think Christian Ponder is going to turn a lot of heads with the time he'll have to throw and the upgraded talent at Wide Receiver. I think if NFL Teams next year approach us as pushovers they're going to be mistaken.

Skol
    Everyone here seems to dismiss the Bores. They were the hottest team in the league last year before Cutler went down,(hot after Lovie made Martz protect Cutler). They added Brandon Marshall and drafted Alshon Jeffery. They also have rid themselves of the 7 step drop with an empty backfield by dumping Martz. IF they are able to get Forte to play under the franchise this year, they will contend with the Pukers this year. That leaves Detroit for 3rd place and us with another high draft pick.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    The second half of the season is what makes or breaks this team. Its a brutal schedual for us.

WWBGD

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Playoffs?!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Playoffs?!
    Where is that video of that coach loosing his mind when the media asked him about the playoffs?!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Where is that video of that coach loosing his mind when the media asked him about the playoffs?!
    Do you mean Mora or the college coach?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    As with most Vikings offseasons, the closer we get to the start of the season, the thicker the purple shades get.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I don't think that's real likely, but I do think we just might surprise a few teams. Our defense was pretty freaking good when the offense could get anything going to give them a rest, ie. the first three games where they were pitching a shut-out! But, in the 2nd half, our offense did nothing, nada, zero, giving the other offense way too many oppurtunitites and eventually, even the best defenses get beat. By mid-season we'd lost Cook and Winny for the year and the secondary crumbled.

Meanwhile, we led the league in sacks, so there is talent up front. IF Harrison Smith improves our Safety play, Cook stays out of trouble and either Carr or Bowman can push Winny inside more, this defense could be a top ten, maybe top five unit. IF that happens, Ponder and Company won't have to put up 30 points a game to win most games.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast