Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    For example the owner of the 49ers had some legal trouble a while back but it did not keep them from building a pretty good team.
    Actually he had to step away from his involvement with the league and the team and ended up transferring ownership of the team to his sister if you are talking about DeBartolo.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Of course they did...look at the track record LA has with NFL teams.
    LA was not the only place. San Antonio TX also had its hat in the ring as well as a couple other places.

Top pick by WHO?!?!?!? Chiller was an OC who had NEVER CALLED A PLAY!!! Not at the UW, not in Philly. And, if you look back, I think you'll find that MANY of us were completely AGAINST the Childress hire for exactly that reason.
    At the time there were a number of sports pundits that said that Chilly was among the top assistant coach candidates to be given a shot at a head coaching job. Also in here I think you will find that there are many of us that are against almost anything that is done at any given time. LOL

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Everyone on this site needs to learn the definition of criminal, asap.

If the mailman slips on your un-shoveled walk, and sues you for damages, and you lose in civil court are you a criminal?

So are the Wilfs criminals?

Instead ask yourself: are the Wilfs ruthless business people, shysters even?
    Sounds like you need to learn the definition of splitting hairs. The only reason they are not going to prison is because they had the money and attorneys to drag it out for over twenty years. They committed crimes by New Jersey definition. That makes them criminals. If somebody robs a bank and never goes to prison does that somehow not make him a criminal and a thief?

Besides that you somehow are missing the whole point of this post....The Wilfs are not a good selling point for a prospective business transaction with a prospective coach.

Slips on sidewalk? Huh?

You sound like the Wilfs PR guy.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Sounds like you need to learn the definition of splitting hairs. The only reason they are not going to prison is because they had the money and attorneys to drag it out for over twenty years. They committed crimes by New Jersey definition. That makes them criminals. If somebody robs a bank and never goes to prison does that somehow not make him a criminal and a thief?

Besides that you somehow are missing the whole point of this post....The Wilfs are not a good selling point for a prospective business transaction with a prospective coach.

Slips on sidewalk? Huh?

You sound like the Wilfs PR guy.
    I'm not trying to defend them unduly. I'm just looking at the facts, if that makes me sound like a PR guy to you, try doing the same.

It was always a civil suit all the way. They are not criminals. I seriously doubt there is anyone on this site who knows more about the New Jersey code of criminal justice than I do. I'm not an expert on financial crime or the Wilfs' business practices, but I know that the Wilfs were never charged criminally or even subject to a criminal investigation. Liars, cheats, shysters, probably, but they are by definition, not criminals.

And if an owner is willing to pay for players and offers a coach a good contract, why does the coach care about the owners' non-football business ventures? They've given both of the coaches they've hired time to succeed, too much in fact.

The lack of a stadium and lack of a QB are the real red flags for coaches considering coming here.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    If you hire a certain coach for x amount of dollars over x amount of years, you pay x amount of dollars no matter how long he coached for. Coaches contracts are guaranteed.

So to think that a certain coach wouldn't come here because they are worried about being ripped of by the owner is highly doubtful.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    If you hire a certain coach for x amount of dollars over x amount of years, you pay x amount of dollars no matter how long he coached for. Coaches contracts are guaranteed.

So to think that a certain coach wouldn't come here because they are worried about being ripped of by the owner is highly doubtful.
    true, but on the other hand, you have a owner than interferes with things he probably shouldn't, then we have what might be called "the triangle of authority v2.0"

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    true, but on the other hand, you have a owner than interferes with things he probably shouldn't, then we have what might be called "the triangle of authority v2.0"
    The last time I ever heard of the Wilf's interfering with team decisions was when they brought Randy back. But Chilly fucked that all up.

well, with the QB cluster fuck that the Vikes just went thru, Frazier said that he let the GM and the Wilfs know who was going to start from week to week. Alright, the GM, I can kind of understand..kind of, but why are the Wilfs involved with his conversations? From my understanding, Frazier didn't want Freeman there, but Spielman did, so what does Frazier do the 1st week Freeman is there? He throws him to the wolves, which in my opinion was a big FU to Spielman. But going back to the Wilfs, why does Frazier have to inform them who the starter is???

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    The lack of a stadium and lack of a QB are the real red flags for coaches considering coming here.
    The real red flag is Spielman. If you were the prospective head coach, would you trust Spielman to find the players you could be successful with ?
    Spielman is doing an extensive search for a head coach who will buy in to his program. Who wants to work for Spielman?

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    The real red flag is Spielman. If you were the prospective head coach, would you trust Spielman to find the players you could be successful with ?
    Spielman is doing an extensive search for a head coach who will buy in to his program. Who wants to work for Spielman?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast