Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Everyone on this site needs to learn the definition of criminal, asap.

If the mailman slips on your un-shoveled walk, and sues you for damages, and you lose in civil court are you a criminal?

So are the Wilfs criminals?

Instead ask yourself: are the Wilfs ruthless business people, shysters even?

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

If the mailman slips on your un-shoveled walk, and sues you for damages, and you lose in civil court are you a criminal?

Thank you +1

It's funny when the Wilfs came in and started spending money on players everyone was like wow these are the best owners ever. Did they make some mistakes in who they hired as coaches? Yes, but when Chilly was hired he was considered to be the top pick of those available at the time. He didn't work out but its sort of like drafting a Ryan Leaf. They look good on paper but don't make it in the real world. And its not like our coach's are the only ones failing to produce a winner. Hopefully their next coach selection will do better. I don't think the Wilfs are cheap and I think they are trying to build a winning team. Also the civil suit is being appealed and it is about something that happened in the 1980's. It will have no effect on players contracts or coaching contracts. For example the owner of the 49ers had some legal trouble a while back but it did not keep them from building a pretty good team. I don't have a problem with the Wilf ownership. They stayed with the battle for a new stadium in MN when a lot of owners would have left for warmer and more agreeable climates. I understand we are all disappointed with the Vikes at the moment but I see the Wilfs making moves to correct the problems. ie. Getting a new coaching staff which I think has been the major problem this year.

WWBGD

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    The owners need to stop meddling...owners Own, managers Manage, coaches Coach..the owners (cough) shysters need to stay the fuck out of the way, pay what needs to be paid, and let everybody else do their jobs.
    Last edited by 2beersTommy; 01-04-2014 at 08:01 AM.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    The owners need to stop meddling...owners Own, managers Manage, coaches Coach..the owners (cough) shysters need to stay the fuck out of the way, pay what needs to be paid, and let everybody else do their jobs.
    Tell me 2beers if you owned the Vikings would you just shovel money at them and have nothing to do with running the team and have no input. Would you be willing to be just the wallet? I doubt it. Most of the owners let the people they hire do their jobs but not without input. Most of the owners do not own a team just for the investment.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Would you be willing to be just the wallet? I doubt it.

Most of the owners do not own a team just for the investment.
    Well, I guess you already know the answer to the 1st one.

Most owners dont run real estate scams and rip people off either. Why own a team, when you fuck over ordinary Joes out of millions?

running the team, and interfering with the team are two different things.

owners are like children, they should be seen, not heard.
    Last edited by 2beersTommy; 01-04-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Tell me 2beers if you owned the Vikings would you just shovel money at them and have nothing to do with running the team and have no input. Would you be willing to be just the wallet? I doubt it. Most of the owners let the people they hire do their jobs but not without input. Most of the owners do not own a team just for the investment.
    If you're Jerry Jones or the late Al Davis, you don't. You meddle. and, often, you drag your team into the depths because of it.

If you're Bob Kraft, Art Rooney, or the Cabal that controls the Packers, you hire a competent GM and let him MANAGE.

Since the latter model is the one currently winning Superbowls, I'd say that LIMITING your input might be wise. Especially if you and your family members are simply rich shysters from New jersey with no real KNOWLEDGE of football and the inner workings of the NFL.

Hell, in Zygi's first year he was advised by Goodell to hire a GM and back off...he didn't listen.

Quote Originally Posted by RK
    but when Chilly was hired he was considered to be the top pick of those available at the time.
    Top pick by WHO?!?!?!? Chiller was an OC who had NEVER CALLED A PLAY!!! Not at the UW, not in Philly. And, if you look back, I think you'll find that MANY of us were completely AGAINST the Childress hire for exactly that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by RK
    They stayed with the battle for a new stadium in MN when a lot of owners would have left for warmer and more agreeable climates.
    Of course they did...look at the track record LA has with NFL teams. Zygi knew that Minnesota would kick in the cash...it was just a matter of time. Moving to LA is a crap shoot. LA treats you like a celebrity when you first get there...then you can't GIVE tickets away when they tire of you. Don't mistake this as a "heart of gold" move on Zygi's part. He wound up with a tax-payer funded profit generator, and he doesn't have to compete with two other NFL franchises in his lap.

BOTTOM LINE: Zygi and his family have to back off. Let Spielman do what he was brought in to do. If he fails, fire him. Otherwise, sit in the owners box, wave to the camera, and quit screwing up the process.

Caine

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    are the Wilfs ruthless business people, shysters even?
    Unequivocally ! They stole from their business partners who are trying to recover their money with a civil suit. Though no criminal charges were brought, it was a criminal act.
    The path to wealth isn't always as simple as investment and hard work.
    The Wilf's became wealthy off this real estate deal, in part by screwing their business partners.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Nah. The Kluwe thing affects the previous administration, won't have any bearing on the new regime.

What will stop new HC's from coming here is Spielmans inability to recognize good QB's, and the Wilf's insistence on interfering in Football matters. Compared to that, kluwe is a fart in a hurricane.

Caine
    What do you mean Spielman can't recognize good talent at QB?

It was Spielman who dumped Fiedler & traded for his guy AJ Feeley. Oh wait!

Ok, well it was Spielman who was big on Sage Rosenfels & look how good he panned out for us. Oh Snap!

But what about Ponder? He led us to a 10-6 record in 2012. Oh yeah, that was AD's big year.

Now he's searching for our next QB & coach and isn't ruling out high school coaches as options. Can't wait to see how this pans out.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    What do you mean Spielman can't recognize good talent at QB?

It was Spielman who dumped Fiedler & traded for his guy AJ Feeley. Oh wait!

Ok, well it was Spielman who was big on Sage Rosenfels & look how good he panned out for us. Oh Snap!

But what about Ponder? He led us to a 10-6 record in 2012. Oh yeah, that was AD's big year.

Now he's searching for our next QB & coach and isn't ruling out high school coaches as options. Can't wait to see how this pans out.
    << aka Fu(ked

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Nobody slipped on their sidewalk. They were found guilty of fraud for cheating their business partners out of Millions of dollars and they did it by manipulating the books. The reason it took this long to make a judgement is because they had their finances so entangled it pretty much took a forensic analysis to unravel the case.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast